• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Mouse cursor is hovering over the checkout button for Skullgirls...

I'm going back and forth on it. Think I'll let it simmer for a few hours.

Same here.. wife and daughter are really interested in the game, and I've got a huge backlog as is.

I saw someone earlier suggest a 4 pack. Anyone else up for it?

Mostly because it doesn't need this. When your most complex move is a single 360 motion (which is helped by SG's exclusive 360 protection tech) you don't need to program extra stuff like a "beginner" mode. It helps that all most all supers in the game are some variation of QCB/QCF/DP+pp/kk and you can confirm them after a single normal hit. The leniency is pretty mindboggling for some characters in the game. It's better than stuff like BB where I had to do half circle forward+half circle back+kick for Bang's standard super or KOF with it's 720 motions for characters that aren't even grapplers (why Kula...WHY!). Capcom games are the only thing that come close to SG in simplicity with their 2x QCB/QCF+pp/kk supers.

You'd be surprised how many people can't consistently do qcb or qcf.
Try to teach them to srk and it just just doesn't compute.

Casuals (using the term as "people not into fighters") can have a hard time picking this stuff up, which is why just about every game that's come out from a major publisher lately (CAPCOM and Aksys, at least) has the "stylish" or "beginner" input modes. They want people to buy their games and not be intimidated by inputs.

I'm not saying SG not having one is a problem. I'm just saying that I don't agree your assessment of it "not needing one" for people who might be interested but are intimidated by the inputs required to be competent.

2nd best AC after 2

Maybe if you're into GTA: Renaissance...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat itchy feeling when you thought you have bought all you want in Steam but suddenly want to buy more

ZeroCoin

Lucked out and picked up Don't Starve for the error price. Was really considering Prison Architect, but I don't see myself putting enough time into it before a larger price drop would likely come along. Really hoping to see Recettear drop a bit more.

inm8num2

I wonder if globe card prices will drop near the end of the sale due to everybody trying to sell them, or if the demand for crafting badges will outweigh the supply and cause price increases?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon -- MB-69B89DE1494C9653 - Taken by Cth. 55 entrants total.
Steam Marines -- MB-4084C6112E09FE29 - Taken by masterkajo. 20 entrants total.
Kane & Lynch 1 and 2 Bundle -- MB-05A023CD05902C4C - Taken by eyeless. 23 entrants total.
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-114A1FC3EF3C7628 - Taken by Hanzou. 57 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-07A49A3076F1FFAC - Taken by Kandrick. 54 entrants total.
Don't Starve -- MB-28B7D3ABA5C1E50A - Taken by Anteater. 18 entrants total.
Red Faction Guerilla -- MB-85EE621957C8A992 - Taken by FloatingDivider. 12 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-904BBD2DB7EE92BF - Taken by Macmanus. 51 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-3D42399748CA1581 - Taken by MisterRoboto. 35 entrants total.
Shadow Warrior -- MB-AA7FF2CE55730454 - Taken by railGUN. 49 entrants total.
Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-557EB1EAEC7054CE - Taken by KenOD. 6 entrants total.

t1388173487z1.png

whoever wins Red Faction Armageddon plese PM me as I also have a code for the path to war DLC... assuming that even IS armageddon, as GMG kinda messed with the order of the keys >_> Also, if there is another fuck up with the steam links, just PM and ill sort it out :(

Talking about AC games. I haven't played AC2 and brotherhood, I thought I'm done with this franchise after the first game, which let's be frank was boring.
Do any of those 2 are must play games? Much better then the rest, for example?

Well, they are considered the two best games of the franchise and for that price (2,49/3,74) I'd say it's worth it. If you don't like the whole formula of the Assassin's Creed-franchise or Ubisoft's open world-collectibles games it might not be for you but for that price you don't have much to lose.

Well, made my attempt with 7 crafts. 2 normal badge and bought the foil one. Nothing good. Got the two bottom tier tf2 stuff so it's not terrible.

PriitV

enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays

whoever wins Red Faction Armageddon plese PM me as I also have a code for the path to war DLC... assuming that even IS armageddon, as GMG kinda messed with the order of the keys >_> Also, if there is another fuck up with the steam links, just PM and ill sort it out :(

Wow, nice :)

You really deserve a tag of some sort for these giveaways. Good stuff.

Anteater

Thank you for all the giveaways!

holeee shit

Kiru

Great stuff!

railGUN

Banned

Great giveaway, wow.

Macmanus

enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays(

Are you rich, a video game altruist, or do you have magical computer powers?

Also thanks for providing a reason to jam on F5.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great giveaway, Rhaknar. I wonder if any of them is Bad Rats in disguise. =P

everyone should know by now that I dont fuck around with giveaways :p

...except when I FUCK UP giveaways and have to manually PM every winner again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom