• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I've been dying to know just who was up to level 500+ for the Snow Globe badge, and it turns out various places across the internet have located this Moby Dick of badge whales.

I'm guessing they got harrassed about it so they made their profile private, which is sad because a.) don't fuckin' bully people you jerks and b.) now we mere shallow-pocketed krill may never find out just how unlimited "unlimited" really is.

He should have taken that money and given it to charity or gifted out games. That is one of the largest wastes of money I have ever seen.

I wouldn't seek him out and hound him about it, but that is beyond ridiculous.

Resident Evil 6 is tempting... but I still haven't beat (or owned) 5 yet. I'm afraid to get 5 because of GFWL shutting down soon, and it isn't $5 right now.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I've been dying to know just who was up to level 500+ for the Snow Globe badge, and it turns out various places across the internet have located this Moby Dick of badge whales.

I'm guessing they got harrassed about it (which is shitty) so they made their profile private. Now we mere shallow-pocketed krill may never find out just how unlimited "unlimited" really is.

Looks like they're swimming on card money at Asia. I saw a couple of users from japan that were 100+

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
He should have taken that money and given it to charity or gifted out games. That is one of the largest wastes of money I have ever seen.

I wouldn't seek him out and hound him about it, but that is beyond ridiculous.

He's doing charity
to Valve

Colin.

Think I'm going to get a Skullgirls 4-pack. Buy in would be $2.85 each, or 1.5 TF2 keys. let me know if you would be interested.

Nitsuj23

Steam down for anyone else? I keep getting a "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers" message. I'm connected to the internet just fine, this sucks... bought a bunch of games over the past few days and this is my first attempt at playing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my laser powered eye focused in on a game i dont actually own in a giveaway o_O

legacyzero

Banned
Because it sux or what?

image.php

Horrible price for AC4. Amazon has it $10 cheaper. I was hoping Steam would match it so I could get some cards out of it

People are always selling their AMD/Nvidia promo game codes that come with new graphics cards. If you're not a crazy steam card collector, AC4 is an Nvidia/Uplay code which I see going for £10-£15.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

how does one abuse a giveaway?

DukeBobby

I didn't think it was that bad. The mechanics are kind of strange, but it's far from the worst entry in the series.

I'd say it's the second worst, due to the original being nearly unplayable these days.

why not? never played it but it didnt looked that terrible

Nonsensical, pointless story, completely broken disguise system, and mostly linear levels. It is the antithesis of what Hitman is all about.

KarmaCow

If anyone was wondering, the Pixel Junk Monsters & Shooter bundle on GMG is a single key. I don't know if it will give you gift copies if you own one of the games, but I doubt it.

Grief.exe

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

There were some serious issues over the Summer Sale

This was really before the raffle system was implemented, people were taking ludicrous amounts of keys by constantly refreshing the thread.
Then they were either selling or trading the codes to get more expensive games, locking out people who truly wanted to try out the games being given away.

A couple of particular members stick out in my mind, Javadots and BHK3 in particular.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Think I'm going to get a Skullgirls 4-pack. Buy in would be $2.85 each, or 1.5 TF2 keys. let me know if you would be interested.

Count me in if you can take paypal

Kadin

Steam down for anyone else? I keep getting a "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers" message. I'm connected to the internet just fine, this sucks... bought a bunch of games over the past few days and this is my first attempt at playing.
It's plenty fast for me right now. No issues with the store or Community.

KarmaCow

You must have missed the first steam sale when Stump finished the modbot system. There was one dude who entered every giveaway (before the whole raffle system IIRC) and was flipping the games. Stump has added safeguards to prevent that kind of stuff like that though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Resident Evil 6 is tempting... but I still haven't beat (or owned) 5 yet. I'm afraid to get 5 because of GFWL shutting down soon, and it isn't $5 right now.
You don't need to play 5 to play/understand 6. 5 barely gets any nods thrown at it. The most you'll get from playing/beating 5 before 6 is a Title.

guys remember not to buy resident evil 6 also
guys remember to ignore eyeless's post

begin vicious cycle now

Sure thing. Will PM you the details in a moment.

As in buying in with TF2? That would be fine, 1.5 keys would be 1 key and 3 refined.

nah put an item(any item) on the market for the required amount
i buy it you get the money
you send me my Skullgirls copy
DXLelouch is my steam name pm me when you put the item up and what its called

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
can winners of Red Faction Guerilla and Armageddon please tell me if you actually won those games, and not vice versa lol. fucking GMG :(

In case you didn't get my PM (my browser glitched), the codes for Armageddon and the DLC were spot on and worked just fine. Thank you for them.

Enter and win them only to go to trade or sell the games rather than enjoying/suffering/experiencing the games for themselves as is the intention.

People should get RE6. It's definitely a mixed bag, but the campaign is hilarious if you play with someone and enjoy goofy, over-the-top scenes that have no reasonable explanation to them. As in, explosions everywhere.

Once you finish the campaign, the real meat of the game is the Mercenaries mode (though it's unlocked right from the start). There are actually two variants on PC: The Mercenaries (regular) and The Mercenaries No Mercy (PC-exclusive). The differences are huge for sure. In the regular mode, enemies spawn at specific locations on any given map once you kill a certain number of enemies, and you need to navigate/learn where this happens so you can keep up your combo for as long as you can. The total number of enemies on a map is 150, and getting a full 150-combo requires finesse. The No Mercy variant does away with most of the strategy and goes balls-to-the-wall fuck-awesome with the number of enemies on screen at once, making the regular variant seem anemic in comparison. The combo is doubled to 300, but the number of enemies isn't capped at 300 at all. Oh, no. There are tons and tons and tons of enemies and it's awesome. It's definitely a fun mode to play in short bursts or for hours, and it's the part of the game where the mechanics really shine bright, if you give it a chance. The finesse required in the regular variant is mostly gone, but the threat of death is much higher when you have all kinds of enemy types being thrown at you.

You can pretty much skip all the DLC, but I will say that the Onslaught DLC is my favorite. It's extremely unique and satisfying, but it's 1v1 and finding people playing it when the mood strikes is hard (and that's true for any of the modes, frankly). It's basically a mix of Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon and RE6 gameplay. You kill enemies and build up your combo (up to 30), and when you get the max combo or drop it, you send that many number of enemies to your opponent's side. the higher the combo, the deadlier the enemies you send over. it's a very exhilarating mode and I highly recommend it, but, again, virtually no one plays it. BUT I DO ;) You definitely need to have some people on your friends list for it.

Hmm, I never did get past the demo for RE6 due to my problems with it, but I do love Mercenaries and other people's tips do seem to add a lot more variety to the combat. I think I'll put it back on my wishlist for a later sale once I have money again.
Thanks for the insight.

Kiru

There were some serious issues over the Summer Sale

This was really before the raffle system was implemented, people were taking ludicrous amounts of keys by constantly refreshing the thread.
Then they were either selling or trading the codes to get more expensive games, locking out people who truly wanted to try out the games being given away.

A couple of particular members stick out in my mind, Javadots and BHK3 in particular.

Yeah I remember the Javadots incident. He took multiple keys and was like "whoops", lol.

So AC2 didn't want to launch at first, apparently because Uplay's stupid overlay conflicted with Steam's. When I disabled the former, the game launched, but now I noticed voices were extremely crackly, and I still haven't fixed it.

Ubi games are such a mess on PC, it's a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom