• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays

whoever wins Red Faction Armageddon plese PM me as I also have a code for the path to war DLC... assuming that even IS armageddon, as GMG kinda messed with the order of the keys >_> Also, if there is another fuck up with the steam links, just PM and ill sort it out :(

You ARE Santa... AREN'T you?

enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays

whoever wins Red Faction Armageddon plese PM me as I also have a code for the path to war DLC... assuming that even IS armageddon, as GMG kinda messed with the order of the keys >_> Also, if there is another fuck up with the steam links, just PM and ill sort it out :(

Great giveaway. Thanks a lot!

Benedict

EWmof.gif
Rhaknar, you are really great at these things
p0QHO.gif

Kiru

Hm still didn't receive my Snow Globe Card, after getting an error first :/
Maybe I still need 1 vote, forgot.

I can host this if you guys want. Counting me, that's 3/4 slots filled.

Do you have any other means of payment?

i saw a youtube vid where you could sell an item for the price of the 1 of 4 pack and id buy it
just pm me what it is(steam name DXLelouch) and ill buy it on the spot

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit the deluxe edition of Ass Creed 3 comes with the season pass, yay

Articalys

I never saw a vote confirmation pop up for me for the current Community Choice, but the game I clicked is currently showing as "my vote", so I guess I'll just see how many times it says I voted on the next round.

You guys doing it wrong, Parasoul is where that is, Parasoul!
Answer back with a gif, man!
She's not bad. She's just drawn badly.
Nah, nobody in SG is.

I know it's Peacock's win quote lol
You'd be surprised how many people can't consistently do qcb or qcf.
Try to teach them to srk and it just just doesn't compute.

Casuals (using the term as "people not into fighters") can have a hard time picking this stuff up, which is why just about every game that's come out from a major publisher lately (CAPCOM and Aksys, at least) has the "stylish" or "beginner" input modes. They want people to buy their games and not be intimidated by inputs.

I'm not saying SG not having one is a problem. I'm just saying that I don't agree your assessment of it "not needing one" for people who might be interested but are intimidated by the inputs required to be competent.
At one point you have to move from beginner mode even if you don't plan to play a fighter semi seriously. SG is quite close to the bottom of the barrel in terms of controls. The SRK motion is definitely a bit tricker, but that is why there are characters in the game who don't need it or don't have it because their gameplan is much simpler (Parasoul's huge normals+napalm pillar/flashkick, Painwheel's super armor is easy as it gets and Peacock who makes closing in on her more of a looney tunes adventure with all her items and supers).

If anything, online gameplay has helped the genre flourish more than beginner modes. I think the beginner mode would be a great thing if it opened up a lot of casuals to long term fighting game play, but I don't see any evidence of that so far. If there is then feed me a piping hot plate of crow. Just give me some ketchup pls.

Whools

Bought trials just before the dailies changed and I already regret it, had to turn down the settings because it was so choppy, and there are occasional pop in textures, but more so I just find it a bit shallow gameplay wise. Also buying on steam is really buying a shortcut to it on uplay.

Benedict

A bit OT but a question about the Free-to-play games on Steam. There are some sales on these games in-game purchases. Are these tied to the PC version or can I use them for example on PS4 as well?
Platform-tied or account-tied?
Can I use the same characters in the Steam-versions and PS4 of these FOP?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I can't believe there's no unparalleled item for TF2 yet. Whoever gets that will make some serious bank.

BPoole

Horrible price for AC4. Amazon has it $10 cheaper. I was hoping Steam would match it so I could get some cards out of it

Cth

Thanks Rhaknar for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon!

Looks like a lot of fun! I was supposed to get a copy a long time ago from some promo but it never showed up, so thanks again!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, bit on Cook, Serve, Delicious and it's pretty cew so far.
Pretty cew.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Thanks for Skullgirls Rhaknar !

Time to dust off my TE stick. Also found out that Skullgirls is still installed from that FREE week end, no need to download again!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
grats to all the winners, hope you enjoy the games.

Poor armageddon with the least entries, only 6 :(

Surprised Infinite had the most entries...well, not really. Blood Drgon almost beat it tho

Grief.exe

grats to all the winners, hope you enjoy the games.

Poor armageddon with the least entries, only 6 :(

Surprised Infinite had the most entries...well, not really. Blood Drgon almost beat it tho

The entrants break down interested me as well. Infinite would still be the most expensive game on that list.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd argue "beginner mode" existed even way before. I recall Vs. games having "Easy" and "Beginner" modes way back during X-Men vs Street Fighter. Easy mode allows supers to be made by merely pressing 3P or 3K, while beginner mode auto chains attacks and pressing a simple direction + attack will create a special attack.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've been dying to know just who was up to level 500+ for the Snow Globe badge, and it turns out various places across the internet have located this Moby Dick of badge whales.

I'm guessing they got harrassed about it so they made their profile private, which is sad because a.) don't fuckin' bully people you jerks and b.) now we mere shallow-pocketed krill may never find out just how unlimited "unlimited" really is.

Rhaknar

can winners of Red Faction Guerilla and Armageddon please tell me if you actually won those games, and not vice versa lol. fucking GMG :(

Lain

I managed to grab a couple Don't Starve from Steam thinking I'd give them away in here, then added something more on top that I grabbed from Humble while picking Volgar for myself and added something else that I had stored away and decided to do a 24 hour raffle to give more people a chance to see and get something. Hope there is something for everyone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve #2 -- MB-C4F818946F3E5E4A
Dungeon Siege III -- MB-0E9AF56725D19EA1
Don't Starve -- MB-A6BC2B9388CFA134
Hammerwatch -- MB-1936316CC1007A5C
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-54FC47F007F1DEAE
Tomb Raider -- MB-82F8BD21FB36801A
Just Cause 2 -- MB-6387A78578DB99F6
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-4FE9F2C42D205CA4

t1388260247z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom