• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkness 1 should be on Steam.

It should. Much better game than Darkness 2, IMO. Darkness 2 was average whereas Darkness one was special to me. The sequel still had some good points, but it wasn't quite up to snuff for me... at least they ditched the multiplayer mostly and just made those coop missions.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything about Fist Puncher. Visually it's atrocious so I didn't really pay much attention to it—but Volgarr's no looker either, so I hadn't written it off completely. Do you have any impressions, a review or anything? Or are you going off trusted hearsay?

It's really 8-bit retro looking.
It plays sort of like Castle Crashers meets Scott Pilgrim.
You level up and put points into stats just like Castle Crashers, but it's got a map like Scott Pilgrim with different areas for you to choose to go to.
I'm not sure how much it's discounted currently, but if you can find it for under $5, it's probably worthwhile if you like this sort of game, especially if you have anyone to play co-op with locally.

garath

Well I caved and bought black flag on amazon. Fortunately its a steam key. I fully expect uplay to pop up after I get it installed too. Sigh.

Been working ok with far cry so I expect it will be fine. Can't wait to indulge in some piratey goodness.

eyeless

Why not? The game is amazing and the best in the Hitman series too.
ibw1Wv3rOUvp33.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-285112D33206593A - Taken by yamo. 50 entrants total.

t1388185773z1.png
Yay Raffles.

Kiru

I've been dying to know just who was up to level 500+ for the Snow Globe badge, and it turns out various places across the internet have located this Moby Dick of badge whales.

I'm guessing they got harrassed about it so they made their profile private, which is sad because a.) don't fuckin' bully people you jerks and b.) now we mere shallow-pocketed krill may never find out just how unlimited "unlimited" really is.

He got harrassed on the steamgifts.com forum about it. I witnessed it myself, and he even responded in the thread there. Shortly after that he made his profile private.

Peachpies

Morrowind and some other stuff
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal 2 -- MB-289EB3F055896FEF
Orcs must die 2 -- MB-F5A5F4845A9D8D34
ES3 Morrowind -- MB-03F70AD944EC3C3F
Don't starve -- MB-E00150C683F4E2CA

t1388185548z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ass Creed 3 gave me a foil snow globe, proving that its the best Ass Creed

You cant fuck with that logic!

Honey Bunny

AC 4 costs a damned $52 and probably the only way to get it on Steam with the Amazon version region locked?

I got it off US Amazon and it redeemed fine on my UK steam acc. I haven''t actually played it yet though so I don't know if there's some Uplay bullshit in there

That's a bold statement. Better than 2? I thought Absolution was part of the boiled down Hitman camp.

Yes, but the checkpoint system is really bad. I originally did not get it from all of the hate it got, but once I played through it I realized people were hating on Absolution just like Final Fantasy 13. It was the fans of the series that were complaining and they did not know what they were talking about. This comes from someone who is not a fan of either series, but likes the games the diehard fans hate on.

Hmm, I never did get past the demo for RE6 due to my problems with it, but I do love Mercenaries and other people's tips do seem to add a lot more variety to the combat. I think I'll put it back on my wishlist for a later sale once I have money again.
Thanks for the insight.
No problem. Definitely take those user tips into consideration if and when you get it--especially the FOV suggestions. The default FOV settings are atrocious.

Grief.exe

It should. Much better game than Darkness 2, IMO. Darkness 2 was average whereas Darkness one was special to me. The sequel still had some good points, but it wasn't quite up to snuff for me... at least they ditched the multiplayer mostly and just made those coop missions.

Did they drop the semi-open world aspect of the first game? Starbreeze is such an interesting developer over the years, truly enjoyed their output despite the studio changing entirely.

Memories. :/

Its alright Monk, you became a stronger presence in the community due to that thread. And we helped you to get a new PC!

Great things can come out of bad situations, Javadots is gone anyways.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just bought $80 worth of games that aren't daily deals on my wishlist.

Living it up! And as such, I have now obtained the ability to be NUMBUH ONE!1!

1k1v.jpg

sigh guess ill wait till 30min till flash sale ends then buy Skullgirls+Squiggly
hope another 4 pack comes along so i dont have to sacrifice getting recettear

header_292x136.jpg

OK gang, here's the dealio. Don't Starve is one of the best games I've played all year. I've been waiting on it to hit a daily or flash sale this holiday sale and now that it has I want give away some copies. This is how it is going to go down: I am giving away 4 copies of Don't Starve. This is me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/. If you are in my friends list I will be checking to see who has it in their wishlist and when you added it. If you aren't in my friends list already, please add me. I will make my determinations after an hour or so. Good luck all and Happy Holidays.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Pew pew.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Payday 2 -- MB-BA97F5F8558403B3

t1388186132z1.png

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It's really 8-bit retro looking.
It plays sort of like Castle Crashers meets Scott Pilgrim.
You level up and put points into stats just like Castle Crashers, but it's got a map like Scott Pilgrim with different areas for you to choose to go to.
I'm not sure how much it's discounted currently, but if you can find it for under $5, it's probably worthwhile if you like this sort of game, especially if you have anyone to play co-op with locally.
I appreciate the additional detail; thanks.
Sounds a bit like I should stick with Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, though.

He got harrassed on the steamgifts.com forum about it. I witnessed it myself, and he even responded in the thread there. Shortly after that he made his profile private.
Ugh, that's too bad. :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did they drop the semi-open world aspect of the first game? Starbreeze is such an interesting developer over the years, truly enjoyed their output despite the studio changing entirely.

Its alright Monk, you became a stronger presence in the community due to that thread. And we helped you to get a new PC!

Great things can come out of bad situations, Javadots is gone anyways.

yes they dropped the open world, well kinda, theres still a small hub, not like the one in the first tho.

and why do I know that name, I remember it from my lurking days (Javadots that is)

chronomac

header_292x136.jpg

OK gang, here's the dealio. Don't Starve is one of the best games I've played all year. I've been waiting on it to hit a daily or flash sale this holiday sale and now that it has I want give away some copies. This is how it is going to go down: I am giving away 4 copies of Don't Starve. This is me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/. If you are in my friends list I will be checking to see who has it in their wishlist and when you added it. If you aren't in my friends list already, please add me. I will make my determinations after an hour or so. Good luck all and Happy Holidays.

Added you as a friend. This is a kind gesture.

-MD-

I have 10 dollars left. Valdis and Volgarr need to go 66% off so I can get both and be satisfied with the sale.

Grief.exe

Grief you are an amazing person.

Why thank you Monk!

Yep.

You can walk around your mansion and talk to people, though.

Progress!

header_292x136.jpg

Great way to do a giveaway, you should announce the winners in the thread and how long they have had the game on their wishlist.

yes they dropped the open world, well kinda, theres still a small hub, not like the one in the first tho.

and why do I know that name, I remember it from my lurking days (Javadots that is)

He did make quite the negative impression.

Deadstar

Guys, remember to not buy Hitman: Absolution.

Just wanted to post that this opinion is wrong. Absolution is a fun game, especially for this price. It's not perfect, or even the best hitman game, but it's fun. Would you have more fun with a $5 footlong? Doubt it. Play this game and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom