• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Why not? The game is amazing and the best in the Hitman series too.

Nope, I'm not falling for this one. It's too obvious.

Deadstar said:
Just wanted to post that this opinion is wrong. Absolution is a fun game, especially for this price. It's not perfect, or even the best hitman game, but it's fun. Would you have more fun with a $5 footlong? Doubt it. Play this game and enjoy.

I would have more fun with a kidney stone, and I've had one so I know what it feels like.

I'm also looking to get in on Skullgirls 4-pack. It looks like the last couple of pages groups are full so I can host if needed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey dude that won Steam Marines... how about you redeem it so its not clogging my inventory :/

Miker

Guys, remember to buy Resident Evil 6! With how much the majority of gaf hates the game, it's the edgy thing to do!

It also helps that it's secretly the best third-person shooter this side of Vanquish, and one of the more mechanically interesting action games to come out in a while on PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Personally I'm getting close to the 1,500 mark and will most likely be there by the end of the sale:

KhBiw6Q.png

railGUN

Banned
Crazy, I got Absolution through a video card promo, and absolutely loved it. Mind you, I hadn't played a Hitman game since probably the original, so if there are better ones, which would be considered the best?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, remember to buy Resident Evil 6! With how much the majority of gaf hates the game, it's the edgy thing to do!

It also helps that it's secretly the best third-person shooter this side of Vanquish, and one of the more mechanically interesting action games to come out in a while on PC.

where have you been lately? Gaf loves it now

masterkajo

enjoy guys, smaller one this time but like I said, I'm basically tapped out :) Hope everyone got at least a smidge of a good time from my giveaways. Happy Holidays

whoever wins Red Faction Armageddon plese PM me as I also have a code for the path to war DLC... assuming that even IS armageddon, as GMG kinda messed with the order of the keys >_> Also, if there is another fuck up with the steam links, just PM and ill sort it out :(

Thank you very much for Steam Marines. After Deadly Premonition not winning community vote today I needed a win!

DukeBobby

Crazy, I got Absolution through a video card promo, and absolutely loved it. Mind you, I hadn't played a Hitman game since probably the original, so if there are better ones, which would be considered the best?

Blood Money.

Silent Assassin and Contracts have better missions, but the mechanics are a bit dated.

bakeray

So tempted to pick up the used Oculus Rift in the B/S/T thread to use on all these games but I know it'll probably just end up collecting dust

Tellaerin

Would you have more fun with a $5 footlong? Doubt it. Play this game and enjoy.

Hey, man, the footlong meatball marinara on Italian herb and cheese bread has gotten me through some rough times. :p

I'm still trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on Hitman: Absolution. Some of the complaints I've heard aren't necessarily going to be issues for me. I only played about a half hour into Blood Money, so I wouldn't be comparing it to other games in the series. A heavier emphasis on running and gunning over planning and stealth kills doesn't bother me, so long as the running and gunning is enjoyable. It's hard for me to get a good read on the game, since most people with an opinion seem to be longtime fans of the series, and they're looking at it in terms of what a Hitman game "should" be rather than what it is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rhaknar

Humble Store just pulled a Steam with Gone Home price... fuckers :(

Nice price on Sang Froid tho, cool (weird) little game

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In other news I finished Remember Me and here are my impressions.

Graphics - Game looks amazing despite some moments where there are low res textures on some areas. The lipsync its off tons of times which can be distracting if you center the camera to see Nilin but otherwise it is a good looking game. The environments look absurdly gorgeous and the world built for the game is some of the most interesting things this gen

Gameplay - Automatic platforming with some room for mistakes in 1 or 2 areas. The combat system is simplistic despite the build a combo feature since its limited in terms of combos. The enemies are interesting and fun to fight with. The few bosses the game has are decent but nothing special. Memory mixing is pretty much for 4-5 scenes and nothing else which I wished had more moments to it.

Audio - Amazing from start to finish OST. The voice acting for most of the part works with some hit or miss moments.

Story - Interesting world, setting and plot. Overall it's solid and you keep playing to know what happens next.

Replay Value: There are some things to find in the game but IMO there is not a lot of replay value for it. The game lasts around 6-7 hours.

Final Thoughts - The game despite the shortcomings of length,simplicity of the combat and replay value the game managed to kept me entertained from start to finish. I might play it again to get anything I missed but all in all a fun game.

Santini

DwKyc3E.jpg

Don't Starve has been quite the surprise and a refreshing change of pace from most of the games I've been playing lately. Wish I'd heard of it sooner!

I rarely blind buy titles, but curiosity, the pricing mistake, and extra trading card money sealed the deal. I'm going to forego reading any spoilers about the game as I've been enjoying discovering what it has to offer, much like I did with games when I was a kid.

And after digging into the game as released, I'm looking forward to playing with mods, like the Link one that was mentioned a few pages back.

That said, Don't Starve is definitely worth the current $5.09 asking price, or $3.82 if you buy the 2-pack and split it with someone.

Kanokare

If I want to share an earlier giveaway of mine again since it's ending soon, do I just copy and paste the same message that ModBot sent me? Don't want to cause ModBot to malfunction or anything >_>

You don't need to play 5 to play/understand 6. 5 barely gets any nods thrown at it. The most you'll get from playing/beating 5 before 6 is a Title.

guys remember to ignore eyeless's post

begin vicious cycle now

But you see, what I'm saying is that I still need RE5. I've played the entire series prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom