• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So Steam leaked deals early according to the new's RSS feed?

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 11!
Today's Daily Deals include:

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 12!

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

We are on Day 9.

auuuuugggghhhhhh

179a32656d2c4acdea814d662ca03c1f_ba8cbde277de37b563457baee4082a1f-ini.jpg

Colin.

Just wanted to thank Colin (again) for a smooth transaction and great price on Skullgirls. GAF is always the best place to these 4-packs.

No problem. Was just about to post to say thanks to you guys as well for the quick payments. It really is the best place to organize these things, from both sides of the fence.

Also, could someone give me an invite to the NeoGAF group, seems pretty overdue at this point. Link to profile. Edit: That was quick, thanks oipic! I will leave my link there, so feel free to add me, if you wish.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lmao did you really need to taint your good gesture with this post

I didnt mean it offensively >_< just freaks me out to see the games sitting there, especially after yesterday there was a bunch of fuck ups (on my end) and people didnt get them :(

now I feel shitty

Seagoon

I made the mistake of clicking on the Account link in Steam. $1890 in the hole.

Now I feel terrible, I'm not even sure if that counts Humble Bundles or Amazon purchases.

It was funny to see Rag Doll Kung Fu as my first non-Valve purchase though.

Grief.exe

Quick question.

If I buy a game from Steam, will I be able to download it to both my Mac OS X and Windows 7 machine?

If they are Steamplay, then they will natively work on both OS for the same price.

There are very few games on Steam where they come with a separate Mac version or you have to purchase the Mac version separately.

So Steam leaked deals early according to the new's RSS feed?

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 11!

Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

The Steam Holiday Sale Day 12!

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

We are on Day 9.

If this becomes true then GTAV pc confirmed.

Copons

Now I feel terrible, I'm not even sure if that counts Humble Bundles or Amazon purchases.

Nnnnnnnnnnnope!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

You have a serious problem.

7n3a.jpg

Pachimari

If they are Steamplay, then they will natively work on both OS for the same price.

There are very few games on Steam where they come with a separate Mac version or you have to purchase the Mac version separately.
On all of Gone Home, The Stanley Parable and Papers, Please, it says Steamplay. So I can calmly buy all 3 titles and download them to both my Mac OS and Windows 7 machines?
So I can play them on both of my machines and only pay once?

Sorry, I'm still pretty new to Steam.

bonesquad

Nice to see The Swapper coming soon, I hoped/figured it would. That's the one game remaining I'll definitely get, and then I'm set. Maybe. After playing a bunch of Spelunky I kind of wish I grabbed Rogue Legacy as well. Next time.

BraXzy

It's been out awhile now, and I saw it during the PS4 reveal, later finding it on Steam...

Is Contrast worth picking up? It looks pretty damn cool and I just spotted it for £5 on that Nuuvem website.

Thorgal

A question

Are there any known issues with Batman AC?

Tried to start the game but all i got was a black screen after starting a new game .

XShagrath

Figures there'd be a price mistake today. :(

I didn't get home from work till after 2pm on the first day and missed the BioInf Seasn Pass misprice, and then I had to step out today to run some errands and miss Don't Starve. FML.

On the bright side, I did have a CSD booster pack waiting for me, and unpacked my first foil!

Darkroronoa

I was very dissapointed at valve when they introduced weapon crates on CS:GO ,so much that i didnt buy it until now.I mean i have to buy keys for crates to get skins on a game i have to buy?No thanks.
So i just sold one crate for 1.48e profit,yeah i changed my mind a bit for the game.

DukeBobby

It's been out awhile now, and I saw it during the PS4 reveal, later finding it on Steam...

Is Contrast worth picking up? It looks pretty damn cool and I just spotted it for £5 on that Nuuvem website.

It's not great. It has plenty of great ideas, but the gameplay is rough. Pretty buggy, too.

On all of Gone Home, The Stanley Parable and Papers, Please, it says Steamplay. So I can calmly buy all 3 titles and download them to both my Mac OS and Windows 7 machines?

Yup. Buy once and play on whatever platform you want. Install to both your mac and windows machines.

yoshizzle

Yes.
Steam Play allows you to purchase your games once and play anywhere. Whether you have puchased your Steam Play enabled game on a Mac or PC (both Windows and Linux), you will be able to play on the other platform free of charge.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308

Grief.exe

Yep, welcome to an open platform.

Grief.exe

I was very dissapointed at valve when they introduced weapon crates on CS:GO ,so much that i didnt buy it until now.I mean i have to buy keys for crates to get skins on a game i have to buy?No thanks.
So i just sold one crate for 1.48e profit,yeah i changed my mind a bit for the game.

They could have taken the Microsoft approach and sold you an AK for $5.

Wookieomg

Why are people upset about their desired games not showing up on that leaked list? There would still be three days before January 3rd rolls around, which is the end of the sale right?

So the odds are either tomorrow, which is Day 10, or Day 13, 14, or 15 right? Or am I missing something? lol on Steam's front page it says Dec 19 - Jan 3.

Or even assuming the last day is a recap sale day without anything new, still leaves two additional days for the likes of Volgarr, Valdis or Brothers.

Eanan

I used a proxy to get FIFA14 from them without any problem, and someone earlier said they didn't even need that. Could try I guess? They seem pretty reliable.

No the actual FM 14 key they give you is region locked I think.

It says this on the page:
REGION LOCKED: This game can only be played in Brazil

Let me know if you decide to buy it and if it works ok for you.

header_292x136.jpg

OK gang, here's the dealio. Don't Starve is one of the best games I've played all year. I've been waiting on it to hit a daily or flash sale this holiday sale and now that it has I want give away some copies. This is how it is going to go down: I am giving away 4 copies of Don't Starve. This is me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/. If you are in my friends list I will be checking to see who has it in their wishlist and when you added it. If you aren't in my friends list already, please add me. I will make my determinations after an hour or so. Good luck all and Happy Holidays.

One more thing in regards to this giveaway. If you are not in the Steam NeoGAF group, and we have no friends in common, you need to pm me here on GAF otherwise I'm going to ignore your friend request as it looks like you are attempting to take advantage.

Kanokare

Few minutes left on this for those that missed out!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-530177EB1F530D85 - Taken by GaussTek. 53 entrants total.

t1388178977z1.png

Pachimari

Yup. Buy once and play on whatever platform you want. Install to both your mac and windows machines.

Yep, welcome to an open platform.

Thanks for your answers.

It's the first time I'm really getting a bit more into PC gaming, because I seem to like the experiences more on that platform at the moment.

I mean, I have Max Payne, Mafia and No One Lives Forever installed but those are old games. I'm just worried that The Stanley Parable, Gone Home and Papers, Please won't run on my PC's.

I'll buy and try though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'll be jumping right in on the Swapper if those sales are accurate. Also, I want to take this chance to again mention how much I love Risk of Rain since it may be popping up again. It has local AND online co-op! Take that, every other game on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom