• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
In other news I finished Remember Me and here are my impressions.

Gameplay - Automatic platforming with some room for mistakes in 1 or 2 areas. The combat system is simplistic despite the build a combo feature since its limited in terms of combos. The enemies are interesting and fun to fight with. The few bosses the game has are decent but nothing special. Memory mixing is pretty much for 4-5 scenes and nothing else which I wished had more moments to it.

Story - Interesting world, setting and plot. Overall it's solid and you keep playing to know what happens next.

Final Thoughts - The game despite the shortcomings of length,simplicity of the combat and replay value the game managed to kept me entertained from start to finish. I might play it again to get anything I missed but all in all a fun game.

This is a game that I wish was an Adventure title, rather than trying to grab those interested in more games like Arkham Asylum. A full game of the Memory Mixing as it's puzzle mechanic tied into the story with more options, variety, and possible outcomes would truly be an amazing game with what the mechanics have in potential.

Even if they need some action in it, something more along the lines of Dreamfall would have suited it far better.

Personally I'm getting close to the 1,500 mark and will most likely be there by the end of the sale:

KhBiw6Q.png

Ah,I knew there was a group I forgot to join. Just did so.

I'm playing BROTHERS

:')

Good for you brother. I would stay and chat, but time for me to leave for the day.
0wqPeSC.gif

Eanan

I'm pretty sure a friend of mine got his there (he said it was from a Brazilian site) and couldn't use it in the US after the beta was over.

scratch that, just bought it using FlyVPN for a brazillan IP and activated it fine.

Currently downloading. FM 2014 for €6! Score. Been waiting for this price point for a while. Won't need to upgrade now until FM 2016!

Grief.exe

Wow. I forgot to add Brothers to my wishlist! That mistake has been alleviated.

Added Rust as well. Looks like an interesting take on DayZ and Minecraft.

Hmm, if that leaked list is legit, Alan Wake would be tempting at 90% off. Worth getting?

Yes. There are some legitimate complaints about the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Uga

scratch that, just bought it using FlyVPN for a brazillan IP and activated it fine.

Currently downloading. FM 2014 for €6! Score. Been waiting for this price point for a while. Won't need to upgrade now until FM 2016!

Awesome dude, glad to see that worked out fine.

All right, I'm pretty bored and have a spare SpeedRunners sitting in my inventory.
Was thinking to simply give it away here but... nah... let's make this a bit interesting, gonna have a small competition.

First 3 entrants get to play a game of 8 matches (all levels) up against me.
1st place = 4p, 2nd place = 3p etc.
The best of the three gets a free Speedrunners gift to do whatever he/she pleases with it.
If you come 1st (ie. beats the Dunder of Speed), you will get another free gift, whatever it may be (haven't decided yet).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SURELY Brothers is in the missing day 10...or 13...or something right? >_<

Nice one, have fun with it. They did a very good job with this year's iteration. I've sunk way too much time into it already.

hohoXD123

Yeah probably.

Of course. I played through it twice.

Wow. I forgot to add Brothers to my wishlist! That mistake has been alleviated.

Yes. There are some legitimate complaints about the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Thanks. Here I was thinking I was finished with this sale...

SURELY Brothers is in the missing day 10...or 13...or something right? >_<

Believe!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is a game that I wish was an Adventure title, rather than trying to grab those interested in more games like Arkham Asylum. A full game of the Memory Mixing as it's puzzle mechanic tied into the story with more options, variety, and possible outcomes would truly be an amazing game with what the mechanics have in potential.

Even if they need some action in it, something more along the lines of Dreamfall would have suited it far better.
I agree with you. The Memory Mixing parts were super fun and they were underutilized. If they used Dreamfall or maybe even The Walking Dead style of adventure game it would have GOTY for me. Hopefully someone laters picks up the idea and uses it better.

Hey, i said yesterday since i won i was gonna spread the love, and now its time to do it!
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Don't Starve -- MB-A01A0219F4601570

t1388190993z1.png

Coldsun

Banned
Black Flag steam key for 35 buckaroonies on amazon btw

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I'd be spending steam gift cards and a lil out of pocket. However I guess the 20 bucks of steamcash would only give me the amazon price on steam.. so maybe I should just suck it up and buy it from amazon :D.

Derrick01

Banned
I just noticed I have dota 2 items that I can sell now. Valve must have made some of the international stuff sell-able sometime in the last few months because I tried to offload them then and couldn't. More money for sales :)

Jenks

Banned
Going up the attic/loft to get my arcade stick to play Volgarr as im guessing its the best way to play it.
Also just got D&D Chronicles of Mystara another game to use stick with:)

whats the most opportune time during the sale to buy the snowglobe cards
final day or second to last day
want a badge souvaneir since this is my first winter sale ever

Eanan

Awesome dude, glad to see that worked out fine.
was alot easier than I expected. Flyvpn is a very good program, connects to brazil VPN instantly.

Nice one, have fun with it. They did a very good job with this year's iteration. I've sunk way too much time into it already.
Yeah last one I had was FM 12 and sunk over 100hrs into it :O

Need a football manager fix though.

Time spent on Football Manager isnt time wasted :D

Just need to find some good logo/face/kit packs now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Going up the attic/loft to get my arcade stick to play Volgarr as im guessing its the best way to play it.
Also just got D&D Chronicles of Mystara another game to use stick with:)

A SEGA Saturn USB Classic Controller is actually the best way to play it, but an arcade stick is more than suitable and fun.

KarmaCow

whats the most opportune time during the sale to buy the snowglobe cards
final day or second to last day
want a badge souvaneir since this is my first winter sale ever

Probably the last day. Tons of people selling trying to make some money rather than nothing, just like TF2 seasonal crates.

Cody_D165

Banned
Any of you SteamGAF folk use a Wii U Pro Controller with PC games? I've heard good things about the Mayflash adapter and am considering picking one up. Wondered if anyone here had opinions since the thread for it is essentially dead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Oh, cheers, I had no idea it was so cheap. Now I have:

- 2012 Russian
- 2013 Russian

And only need:

- 2011 Korean
- 2012 Korean
- 2013 Asian
- 2013 Korean
- 2014 Korean

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Ok, so I have been away from the house over the holidays and also working pretty much the whole time, and managed to miss the fact that endless space was on sale.

GAF, any way any of you know someone or somewhere selling it for the sale price or cheaper still? I REALLY want it.

I also posted in the Buy/Trade/Sell thread, but thought i'd ask all you fine folks here as well.

Thanks, and Merry New Years!

Hawkie

Bought. Thanks for the heads up.

BraXzy

Ok, so I have been away from the house over the holidays and also working pretty much the whole time, and managed to miss the fact that endless space was on sale.

GAF, any way any of you know someone or somewhere selling it for the sale price or cheaper still? I REALLY want it.

I also posted in the Buy/Trade/Sell thread, but thought i'd ask all you fine folks here as well.

Thanks, and Merry New Years!

Its historical low price (according to Enhanced Steam) was £6.24.. It is currently £8.49 in the sale so it isn't too different in price. That's the lowest anywhere right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom