• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagoon

it doesnt.

a fun game is to total it up and try to determine how many mortgage payments that is and see how bad you can make yourself feel

I find myself trying to justify the amount by reasoning that I have been using Steam for 9 years, I don't own any other platforms than the PC and I don't really have any other vices...

Still stings though considering the size of my backlog and the reality there are some games I'll never play through to completion. Any game I buy these days are typically games I intend to play through.

This sale I've only bought four games which feels good: DuckTales, Castle of Illusion, Spelunky and Guocamelee

I'll be jumping right in on the Swapper if those sales are accurate. Also, I want to take this chance to again mention how much I love Risk of Rain since it may be popping up again. It has local AND online co-op! Take that, every other game on the market!

I watched my brother play this the other day, and it seemed alright.

Wookieomg

I want to give people a heads up. Europa Universalis IV is 9.99 right now via Gametap:

http://www.gametap-shop.com/buy-download-pc-games/Europa-Universalis-IV-2890-43.html.

Redeems on Steam. However, I'm not sure of this website's quality... Popped up on http://isthereanydeal.com/ for me cause the game is on my waitlist. Any people have experience shopping there?

Also, GetLoaded, which I'm assuming is a promotional subsection of GetGames, has a Pick 2 for $15 bucks some people might make use of. All of which redeem on Steam. Lots of good titles to choose from:

http://getloadedgo.com/

I want to give people a heads up. Europa Universalis IV is 9.99 right now via Gametap:

http://www.gametap-shop.com/buy-download-pc-games/Europa-Universalis-IV-2890-43.html.

Redeems on Steam. However, I'm not sure of this website's quality... Popped up on http://isthereanydeal.com/ for me cause the game is on my waitlist. Any people have experience shopping there?

Also, GetLoaded, which I'm assuming is a promotional subsection of GetGames, has a Pick 2 for $15 bucks some people might make use of. All of which redeem on Steam. Lots of good titles to choose from:

http://getloadedgo.com/
Thanks! I just got EUIII Complete on a whim and I love it. I want EUIV eventually, but I also want to wait for the expansions. Same thing with CK2. It's been in a few bundles but I keep missing them. Ack.

ameleco

One more thing in regards to this giveaway. If you are not in the Steam NeoGAF group, and we have no friends in common, you need to pm me here on GAF otherwise I'm going to ignore your friend request as it looks like you are attempting to take advantage.
Oh man, had this game on my wishlist since may? I wanna say. I think I'm gonna just buy it though so other people get a chance to get this game and it is just 5 bucks

JakeD

volgarr is awesome as heck. you will die often and rage about it. but it will be awesome as heck. everyone should buy it from humble right now

Acccent

I'm back yay! Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great time :) What did I miss? (a cool thing to do would be to update me on things non-steam as well as I've been completely out of the loop for a week)

Quick Arstotzkan update: 4 copies have been sent, 6 are still waiting in my inventory. Please either add me on Steam (see my profile) or send me a PM with details on how to proceed :D

denx

Well damnit, I wanted to buy the Max Payne franchise from Amazon but the awesome discount they had on the bundle expired. :(

I recharged my Steam wallet with 20 dollars. Now I wait until Dolor Maximo pops up on a flash sale.

Wookieomg

Thanks! I just got EUIII Complete on a whim and I love it. I want EUIV eventually, but I also want to wait for the expansions. Same thing with CK2. It's been in a few bundles but I keep missing them. Ack.

Yeah I'm tempted to get EUIV cause I recently picked up CK2 with a bunch of DLC. And that price is pretty great. :)

No the actual FM 14 key they give you is region locked I think.

It says this on the page:

Let me know if you decide to buy it and if it works ok for you.
I'm pretty sure a friend of mine got his there (he said it was from a Brazilian site) and couldn't use it in the US after the beta was over.

Don't know if anyone has brought it up yet but the Call of Juarez/Blood Dragon bundle is NOT discounted to 66% while blood dragon is on discount. Interesting.

KarmaCow

Volgarr for $6 well worth it. If you plan on buying it (and you should) the first things you should do are

1) Map spear throw a button
2) Set the zoom out option to toggle

Also check out the manual, it's well produced and is actually more than a simple primer on the controls.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Khronico

My personal experience with Early Access games have been quite positive so far.

Don't Starve ended up being one of my favorite games of the year, and DayZ has been quite a solid experience thus far.

Don't Starve DOES seem to be really interesting. I dabbled in it a bit after I bought it this morning and liked what I saw. Also runs super good on my utterly garbage machine.

I'm back yay! Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great time :) What did I miss? (a cool thing to do would be to update me on things non-steam as well as I've been completely out of the loop for a week)

Quick Arstotzkan update: 4 copies have been sent, 6 are still waiting in my inventory. Please either add me on Steam (see my profile) or send me a PM with details on how to proceed :D

A huge thank you to Accent for that awesome Papers Please giveaway!

The_Monk

How is it monk?

Quite charming so far, but it's not a game for everyone and I can understand why. Yet I like these simple games with some sort of warm feelings. The bond between a family should always be strongest of any bonds so it's interesting how you must work together as a team to go for the same objective. Basic gameplay mechanics, haven't see much of the puzzles and the art style is neat. Bright colors make this game sound like a fairy tale, liking it so far.

----

By the way, I was talking with the great GAFfer Hawkie the other day about DayZ and I'm wondering If I will have a hard time when/if I get the game later on. I understand it can be harsh to play solo but everything I've seen it's appealing. I just like this sort of Multiplayer since it's a rare style. This is also making me considering to save for a mic which help a lot to communicate. I just wonder how hard can it be for starters.

Relax.MX

I only have 20 min to play, i gonna try Spelunky.. is good i trust on Neogaf is just a little game i can play little amount of time...............wtf 1 hr late :(

Damn you Gaf....this game is great...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

KarmaCow

Not sure why people are looking for a Valdis deal. That game didn't come out that long ago and already has a pretty deep cut.

Meh, doesn't hurt to wait until the last day. I'm waiting to buy I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream as well as Kairo for the same reason even though realistically they wont get a further discount.

Hanzou

Just wanted to say thanks again to Rhaknar for bioshock Infinite. Really appreciate the generosity this sale and look forward to playing it!

i have those but i tried hitman 1 and silent assassin as a kid (couldn't understand/get into it) and they were just blah.
You should give Blood Money a chance. That's the quintessential Hitman game and the one that made me a fan of stealth games. I don't think it's a game you can appreciate as a kid, not enough explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom