• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Another, because you guys are awesome.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-67DDE2E62522E1A9 - Taken by Xisiqomelir. 59 entrants total.

t1388192657z1.png

ijvMfXlW9QRjg.gif
ip1mq38lgWFJa.gif

Thread needs more Dark Souls.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Krusenstern:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-B493AF882756EFF1 - Taken by TronLight

t1388268978z1.png

tumblr_lndz0jHwbB1qh2gyyo1_500.gif

Lemstar

Found some great Steam deals on GamersGate!

Final Exam for $3.40 (cheapest its been): http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FEXAM/final-exam
For a 4-pack of Final Exam, $10.20: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-FEXAM4P/final-exam-4-pack-bundle

Montague's Mount is $5: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MMOUNT/montagues-mount

Master Reboot is $10.04, which is what the community vote on Steam was going to discount it too if it won: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MREBOOT/master-reboot

Just a few I spotted.

If anyone's interested in buying any of these (or anything else at GamersGate, for that), let me know - my 20% compensation discount from last year's winter sale debacle runs out in a couple of days, and it'd be nice to get to use it a bit more before it goes poof.

qazqaNii

Omg 30 minutes for the FM14 deal I think, I don't understand jack shit from the site though :x, is it steam compatible or do they have their own client? (NUVEEM)

Talyn

Tons of new character classes, hundreds of new items, crafting recipes, weapons, armor, etc.

Definitely worth it, it's quite a lot of new content.
Funny thing is, you could have gotten the Gold edition this morning on Amazon for $1.74. Pretty sure that was a pricing error and even though I already owned the base game I still bought it just for the DLC.

derExperte

Valve already posted the new deals for Day 12:

Today's Daily Deals include:
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

And day 11:

Today's Daily Deals include:
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Oops.

That reminds me, I still have leftovers from a Risk of Rain 4pack, pm me if interested.

definitely Call of Chutulu as the most interesting. Although in terms of innovations that were eventually picked up, Alone in the dark is interesting for those reasons. But not really much else, and most certainly not the eloquent writing. ("fuck" x a million)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah that's about how I remembered it. I guess iHEO and the other cheap copies are coming from a different region? I can't figure out which one on steamdb though.

Even in Brazil the game is ~USD$32. I think somebody on my friends list picked up an Asian copy on the cheap prior to release, but Tolerance may want to check his account history to ensure he hasn't been sold a dud.

Here are the results from the giveaway: We had a total of 19 entrants. Steam user name followed by date added to wishlist-

1. Threads November 11, 2012
2. Caerith December 9, 2012
3. clockworkinyou December 18, 2012
4. Tame December 19, 2012

I will send along the gifts in just a few. One more note, there were four of you who added Don't Starve to their lists today. Nice try guys, lol!

Thank you sir!

I'm going to dive in once I'm done moving this weekend : D

Mairu

And day 11:

Oops.

That reminds me, I still have leftovers from a Risk of Rain 4pack, pm me if interested.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some decent deals but nothing I'm interested in that I don't already have.

I'm back yay! Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great time :) What did I miss? (a cool thing to do would be to update me on things non-steam as well as I've been completely out of the loop for a week)

Quick Arstotzkan update: 4 copies have been sent, 6 are still waiting in my inventory. Please either add me on Steam (see my profile) or send me a PM with details on how to proceed :D
Thanks again for the contest Accent! <3 It was fun.

Eusis

You know I least get it that Kentucky Route Zero lost to Super Hexagon for 30 cents. But DP losing against nothing of big notice is what gets me.

Did Guacamelee win it's community vote? It lost to didn't it. I already have it so I wasn't paying attention if it won or not.
I do wonder if Deadly Premonition's buggy state was what did it in actually. If it was like Dark Souls, a port whose biggest problem might actually be that it's overly faithful to the original it'd be one thing, because it DID run pretty well outside of the stupid frame buffer garbage, locked FPS, and the GFWL stuff. But this had weird issues like requiring reboots to play for prolonged periods, so you may well have had some people sort of protest voting something else in its place, the cheapest game there.

Though I guess the perception of "bad" along with it not being the cheapest game could've been damning. Dream DID seem good, but it seems more like another Dear Esther or maybe Gone Home-esque game (haven't played the latter seriously yet) whereas Deadly Premonition is one of a kind.

Caerith

Here are the results from the giveaway: We had a total of 19 entrants. Steam user name followed by date added to wishlist-

I will send along the gifts in just a few. One more note, there were four of you who added Don't Starve to their lists today. Nice try guys, lol!

Thanks! (I think I added you just for the sake of adding you, so this came as quite a surprise!)

Bad7667

shit i want ac3 because that's next after i finally finish ACR but I don't have $15 until like the 6th :(
I have a uplay code for ac3 that might work. Its been sitting in my email for a bit so it might have expired but if you want to try it send me an PM.

dream

Dream is a great name for a game.

But is it really that surprising that people didn't vote for Deadly Premonition? It doesn't outwardly look like a campy, ironic game. It just looks like some janky shit that you'd expect to find in a Walmart bargain bin for $2.97.

If anyone's interested in buying any of these (or anything else at GamersGate, for that), let me know - my 20% compensation discount from last year's winter sale debacle runs out in a couple of days, and it'd be nice to get to use it a bit more before it goes poof.

I'd be interested in buying Master Reboot from there, so does the discount mean you could buy it for me at around $8?

Caerith

And day 11:

Oops.

They really need to hire some people strictly to manage the store and customer service, and not to start managing the store but then wheel their desk over to the Blue Shift 2 development corner.

Thank you so much! I had no clue I added it to my wishlist that long ago or that this giveaway was even happening so it was a pleasant surprise haha. Looking forward to playing this really soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom