• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It plays exactly how you remember old school FPS's being, not how they are.

Quite frankly, its excellent.

Also veeery corny.

I have to say though the Dock-Parts are really boring and kinda generic, while I loved the whole japan-parts. But I am just at chapter 8 so I hope it will improve again.

Radio

By the way, I was talking with the great GAFfer Hawkie the other day about DayZ and I'm wondering If I will have a hard time when/if I get the game later on. I understand it can be harsh to play solo but everything I've seen it's appealing. I just like this sort of Multiplayer since it's a rare style. This is also making me considering to save for a mic which help a lot to communicate. I just wonder how hard can it be for starters.

Solo is fine in DayZ, you just have to be patient and observant. That's really all it takes to be "good" at DayZ. If you spot someone else before they spot you, then you're at a huge advantage, and if you take the time to flank or move into a safe position, you'll be set.

Cody_D165

Banned
Once again, it's not much, but I gotta pay it forward after winning Volgarr. Hope you guys enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-AAF84AA88A11AB87
Hotline Miami -- MB-5017FC4564FDE4A8

t1388195268z1.png

Peachpies

almost done
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal 2 -- MB-289EB3F055896FEF - Taken by LAMBO. 39 entrants total.
Orcs must die 2 -- MB-F5A5F4845A9D8D34 - Taken by Luap. 28 entrants total.
ES3 Morrowind -- MB-03F70AD944EC3C3F - Taken by FloatingDivider. 49 entrants total.
Don't starve -- MB-E00150C683F4E2CA - Taken by PandaPedinte. 43 entrants total.

t1388185548z1.png

Vardhan

Has Darksiders II been discounted yet under Daily Deals or Flash Sales? I have been playing the original and I like it so far.

DocSeuss

Impressions have been very positive, Hard Reset has proven to be one of my favorite FPS games.

I don't like Hard Reset.

Shadow Warrior is fifty bajillion times better. Oh, and the narrative's actually beautifully tragic by the end. Wonderful game, my pick for Game of the Year. One of the best game stories I've encountered.

lord

i fired up dont starve, very nice little game, i also got rollercoaster yesterday, it's pretty great, wish i could play it from my couch more comfortably though

All right, I'm pretty bored and have a spare SpeedRunners sitting in my inventory.
Was thinking to simply give it away here but... nah... let's make this a bit interesting, gonna have a small competition.

First 3 entrants get to play a game of 8 matches (all levels) up against me.
1st place = 4p, 2nd place = 3p etc.
The best of the three gets a free Speedrunners gift to do whatever he/she pleases with it.
If you come 1st (ie. beats the Dunder of Speed), you will get another free gift, whatever it may be (haven't decided yet).

No entrants yet, I'll leave this for 1h, if it doesnt get 3 entrants I'll just use modbot.
Winner (if you get 1st) can choose between: Skulls of the Shogun, Rising Storm, Civ5 (Base), Natural Selection 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Euro Truck Sim 2, Surgeon Simulator 2013, How to Survive, Trials Evo Gold, Batman AC GOTY and Saints Row 3.

To enter, just quote this post and also PM just in case I happen to miss it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Last chance for pew pew.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Payday 2 -- MB-BA97F5F8558403B3 - Taken by tmarques. 96 entrants total.

t1388186132z1.png

Ricker

Tempted by Fallen Enchantress...is it a fairly long game even if its a stand alone expansion...?and I don't want it to be to overly complicated,I want more of the tactical battles then the city building and stuff...

Grief.exe

Seeing Morrowind as the #3 seller on Steam warms my heart.

One of my favorite games of all time for sure.

Don't Starve, DayZ, and Dark Souls are some of my more recent favorite gaming experiences, and they have all graced the top 5 at different points in the past 24 hours.

Good to see Portal 2 and an Early Access game, Prison Architect rounding out the rest of the top ten.

Cody_D165

Banned
One more copy of Hexagon up for grabs

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Super Hexagon -- MB-B1B0631588A0AD73 - Taken by adriano999

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
What's your opinion on Prison Architect?

awesome game. If you like sim type games, youd like PA. Its challenging if you want it to be, or can be played leisurely. prisoners are a little unpredictable at times(more so than what actual prisoners are) and game is still not fully released, so there is bugs. some monster sized prisons are fun to run from the workshop.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

catabarez

No entrants yet, I'll leave this for 1h, if it doesnt get 3 entrants I'll just use modbot.
Winner (if you get 1st) can choose between: Skulls of the Shogun, Rising Storm, Civ5 (Base), Natural Selection 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Euro Truck Sim 2, Surgeon Simulator 2013, How to Survive, Trials Evo Gold, Batman AC GOTY and Saints Row 3.

I'd play but I don't have the game D:

Ezalc

If you've never played Portal 2? Portal 2. It's a masterpiece. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. If you've already played Portal 2? Don't Starve.

i vote for portal 2, i played don't starve only for like a couple of hours and it's very nice but portal 2 is a hell of a game

You haven't played Portal 2 yet?

Portal 2 by like a thousand miles in that case.

I've only had a job again for few months guys :(.

You are asking apples or oranges there. Both are amazing but I got a lot more out of Don't Starve if you want to look at raw hours played.

Thanks for the input guys. Portal 2 it is I suppose!

Eanan

Probably been posted but I only saw it now and im sure others havent seen it so upcoming deals:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Day 11(29th):
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off
Mass Effect 2 75% off
Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
Might & Magic Heroes VI 75% off
The Swapper 66% off
Risk of Rain 33% off
Spelunky 75% off
Total War: Rome II 50% off

Day 12(30th):
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Was hoping for more off kerbal, but interested in deadlight.

joe2187

Banned
Also is RE6 worth it at $12?

if you havent played it? yeah definitely. The gun and melee combat is simply superb. As a resident evil game it falls flat on it's ass and breaks both of it's legs. As a pure cheesy action game that would make Micheal bay shed a tear it works perfectly.

MP is a blast and has a ton of replayability as well as online co-op.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It's been a very long day so I might be reading this wrong, but if you want some Speedrunners competition I'm in

Karl2177

I know it's not a whole lot, but this was one of my two favorite games from last year and I think everyone should play it.

EDIT: I guess if I go to the bathroom between sending the message and posting it, the time still goes...
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hotline Miami -- MB-D334B17F7936CB06 - Taken by Reg. 4 entrants total.

t1388185774z1.png

I'd play but I don't have the game D:

Haha yeah, that's the sad part, cant think of any other game where you can make a quick match-up and play a few races.. Make someone who have the game play and win the game for you :)

Edit: Archaix, welcome to the game, just need 2 more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom