• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who needs Snowglobe 6/7? PM me your Steam ID. First come, first served. If I don't get a reply in a few hours, they're going to the market.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a quickie for you guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Exam #2 -- MB-85B420B952472F7D - Taken by Tellaerin. 6 entrants total.
Resident Evil 6 -- MB-FC7F9E7DCFB3987E - Taken by Mairu. 51 entrants total.
Final Exam -- MB-4DCCB0BF9B67382E - Taken by DunderHassan. 5 entrants total.

t1388188022z1.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Woo, glad to be back in town. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Nice to see there is finally the AC daily deal. Can anyone speak to the DLC for AC3? Trying to decide if the deluxe is worth the extra $7.50

So you haven't played AC3 proper? Keep your money, AC3 isn't worth it at any price.

joe2187

Banned
Will Skullgirls get someone interested in fighting games who hasn't been interested in fighting games since they played SoulCalibur on Dreamcast while listening to Eagle-Eye Cherry and drinking Surge?

I er....what?

Ummm.....

Buy Skullgirls? Yes....

Hey look an excuse to post a Gif!

qhhY2Bl.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm kind of hoping that The Secret World comes back as a daily or flash sale. I've been reading up on it and it looks pretty cool! I'm not holding my breath though, since it's EA.

Played for 10 minutes, realized there wasn't anymore a button that allowed me to nonchalantly drop my silenced weapon to the ground like a badass after shooting someone in the head, assumed things only would get worse from there and never went back to it.

Blood Money was amazing, played it for the first time around Absolution's launch. I crave more of that and need to go back and see if the earlier games are still playable and not too awkward to control and look at, Blood Money was already pushing it at times.
I'd say 2 and 3 feel pretty similar to Blood Money, but the graphics are worse. 3 (whatever it's called, the one not on steam) has a fantastic atmosphere though which makes up for the old looking graphics.

Turfster

I'm kind of hoping that The Secret World comes back as a daily or flash sale. I've been reading up on it and it looks pretty cool! I'm not holding my breath though, since it's EA.

What? The Secret World is Funcom, or do they have a weird licensing deal going with EA?

derExperte

so a question. I asked this on another thread but didnt really get a straight answer.

Some people on NeoGAF, for instance, like iHEO, sell games from steam. They obviously are exploiting the regional price differences, and reselling the games to us for cheaper. Since this violates the Steam Trading/Gifting Policy, is there risk of ppl like iHEO and the buyer getting banned or suspended on Steam?

I don't think that ever happened. Games that were bought outside of Steam from shady resellers got removed a few times but that's about it.

Khronico

I'm on the same boat, let me know what you think. :lol

I replay Blood Money every year, and yes, it is just as good when it came out. It makes me sad that Absolution was such a horrendous entry in the franchise. It's such a broken game; disguises are useless, levels are laughably small and only one or two are good, the checkpoint/respawn system is a travesty, story is inane and Agent 47 acts completely out of character. The only two good aspects I can think of are the graphics and the contracts mode, which was a neat idea.

They could have just remade Blood Money in the Glacier 2 engine and it would have been my GOTY.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yes.

We will have MGR at least so that's a start

iEHft3rJreaDI.gif

Can't wait til the 9th.

A start?
Who needs Betrayonetta on PC when MGR:R is quite possibly the best action game ever created?

I mean, I'd buy it...
But if we're talking ports of Platinum developed games to PC, give me Vanquish first. :p

I er....what?

Ummm.....

Buy Skullgirls? Yes....

Hey look an excuse to post a Gif!

qhhY2Bl.gif

The easy answer for him is "not if you never liked 2D fighters.". :)
I love SG gifs. The animation is so choice.

If you enjoyed Minecraft and/or Terrarria, I'd have to suggest StarBound. AC3 is a colossal piece of shit, and I love the first AC, just for reference.

I also love the first AC... more than AC2 at least. :)

rtcn63

I played Blood Money on PS2 and Absolution on 360, so take my opinion for what little it's worth. Absolution had the potential to be quite good, kind of like how SC: Blacklist is "quite good". A handful of missions were enjoyable even with the iffy disguise system, but pretty much the entire second half of the game is complete shit. Especially the Saints level, which I've read people loved, I thought it was terrible. The first area at least where you're being hunted by armed soldiers, who'll call in reinforcements if you're detected.

Right, I got that much. I was thrown off by the part where you say the people who know what works and doesn't work with those series are the ones who have no idea what they're talking about. It doesn't make any sense to me.
I was just exaggerating because fans of the series get all touchy.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I replay Blood Money every year, and yes, it is just as good when it came out. It makes me sad that Absolution was such a horrendous entry in the franchise. It's such a broken game; disguises are useless, levels are laughably small and only one or two are good, the checkpoint/respawn system is a travesty, story is inane and Agent 47 acts completely out of character. The only two good aspects I can think of are the graphics and the contracts mode, which was a neat idea.

Yes, I only played till the library section and I got that much.
Besides all the awful game mechanics i hate that they shoved in the game a story that it really doesn't need. Blood Money barely had a few lines of dialogue before the missions and it was great.

But hey, it's pretty to look at.

Manual save system >>>>>>>>>> checkpoints.
The hand-on-face thing it's pure stupidity.
The focus mode makes my blood boil.
The fact that you are forced to use it because of the awful level design and the shitloads of guards everywhere...

They could have just remade Blood Money in the Glacier 2 engine and it would have been my GOTY.

This x100000000.

Chojka

New Day!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-892E7D7BC3415F08 - Taken by WAR recon zero. 4 entrants total.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon -- MB-C7504259F8731E46 - Taken by Curious_George. 28 entrants total.
DMC Devil May Cry -- MB-7B114FEF86731D62 - Taken by redfirm. 42 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-A121B79E5D231B58 - Taken by Frank the Great. 20 entrants total.

t1388188518z1.png

Re-posting!
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Don't Starve -- MB-A01A0219F4601570 - Taken by Chocobro. 42 entrants total.

t1388190993z1.png

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
I don't think that ever happened. Games that were bought outside of Steam from shady resellers got removed a few times but that's about it.

so what I really want to know is if purchasing a gift from a steam user is against policy, and what the ramifications are if caught.

This is the policy:
Steam Gift Purchases can not be sold. Attempting to sell a gift purchase is a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and may result in your account being permanently disabled. You can trade gifts using our new Steam Trading system and can read more about that here.

Finally cracked from my lack of any purchases and picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Half Minute Hero, and Nimble Quest (despite it not being on sale). I'm really liking them all so far.

so what I really want to know is if purchasing a gift from a steam user is against policy, and what the ramifications are if caught.

This is the policy:
Steam Gift Purchases can not be sold. Attempting to sell a gift purchase is a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and may result in your account being permanently disabled. You can trade gifts using our new Steam Trading system and can read more about that here.

Kinda funny policy, since trading is basically selling.
I think that policy is just there to protect themselves, so they don't need to take action when people do trades outside Steams own trading system and get scammed.

this thread and the last thread move so fast that i don't even get any posts in. lurker status maintained. no giveaways for me.

got don't starve from GMG with a big load of credits cause of the GAF hype. 10 minutes doesn't really do it justice but not that interested so far. got blade symphony, KF DLC 2, and the two tribes bundle. and spelunky during the last sale. all funded by cards and my old dota items.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Kinda funny policy, since trading is basically selling.
I think that policy is just there to protect themselves from victims of scammers, so they don't need to take action against people who do trades outside Steams own trading system.

yeah, thought the same myself. Just don't want my 320+ game account get banned.

That's Metro: Last Light down. Fantastic game. Slightly disappointed I didn't get the "good" ending, but it looks like you really need to pay attention to get it.

Next up is Gone Home. I tried it out a bit yesterday and it was very promising.

KJ869

This sale has been suprisingly good, concidering how disapointed I was with autumn. Amazon and humble store have given steam run for its money.

Khronico

Manual save system >>>>>>>>>> checkpoints.
The hand-on-face thing it's pure stupidity.
The focus mode makes my blood boil.
The fact that you are forced to use it because of the awful level design and the shitloads of guards everywhere...

Oh gosh I just remembered focus. I'm legit angry just thinking about it. It boggles my mind at how bad that game mechanic is. How is covering your face with your hand not arousing MORE SUSPICION? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE.

HOW DOES EVERY COOK IN CHINATOWN KNOW EVERY OTHER COOK AND WHY DO THEY CARE. WHY DOES EVERYONE KNOW EACH OTHER.

yeah, thought the same myself. Just don't want my 320+ game account get banned.

Don't worry about that, I can barely remember last time I purchased a game myself from the store :)
The biggest risk lies in getting scammed, which is why you only should buy games from reputable sellers.

rtcn63

HOW DOES EVERY COOK IN CHINATOWN KNOW EVERY OTHER COOK AND WHY DO THEY CARE. WHY DOES EVERYONE KNOW EACH OTHER.

I took a disguise from a cook in the butcher shop before entering the open area of Chinatown, and a stall vendor on the opposite side called me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom