• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stolen Sheep

Neo Member
Football Manager 2014 is an all-time low on Nuuvem right now, ~€6.30/$8.75, and it's a Steam code. You'd need to use a VPN to get past the Nuuvem region locking (FlyVPN's lite version has a Brazilian IP you can use) if you're not in Brazil but once you activate it in Steam it's no different to Steam keys from any other source.

If you're not using a private VPN and want to be extra safe I've heard if you add the game to your cart (the cart screen is where they enforce the region lock) and then disconnect the VPN you can order and not risk entering any passwords or the like over a public VPN.

Giving back love

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham Assylum GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6

t1388202918z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did all of you get Volgarr the Viking yet?

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/volgarrtheviking_storefront

$5.99 (50% off, seems doubtful it would go any lower on Steam during this particular sale)

Excellent 2D action platformer. Difficult but fair (precise controls, pattern-based enemies, mid-level checkpoints). Good-hearted and fun, and without the sort of overbearing stylistic attitude that would get tiring after a while. A game that doesn't take itself seriously, where you don't feel cheated if you die, and where overcoming obstacles is incredibly satisfying.

I heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoys the genre.

All I have is 43 cents on my steam account. If I had the cash I would jump of it tbh but Glasses, Veterinary and helping parents left me dry for Xmas.

mannerbot

$5.99 (50% off, seems doubtful it would go any lower on Steam during this particular sale)

Excellent 2D action platformer. Difficult but fair (precise controls, pattern-based enemies, mid-level checkpoints). Good-hearted and fun, and without the sort of overbearing stylistic attitude that would get tiring after a while. A game that doesn't take itself seriously, where you don't feel cheated if you die, and where overcoming obstacles is incredibly satisfying.

Co-sign, great game. The game's got amazing level design and while it's rough in the early goings to learn, it is most certainly never unfair. I probably spent an hour dying over and over on the first level the first time I played it, and after getting ending C (beat it in one sitting so actually ending C+, but yeah I credit fed like crazy regardless) I felt like I would never be good enough to 1cc hard mode and get ending A. A little bit of practice and perseverance later, it turns out that the game is actually quite generous in the alternate Valkyrie path, and I went into the final boss with max lives and slayed it. As with Spelunky, it's immensely satisfying to see just how much you improve as a player. There's also a hilarious part in the Valkyrie path that's a secret achievement, definitely highlight of the game for me.

why would they leak the partial list of sales? this will be interesting in how it affects purchases of games that are GOING to be on sale.

jediyoshi

Ugh amazon is fucking me over right now. For some reason they randomly recharged me for an old digital purchase even down to resending me the old confirmation email linking to the old order. You're on my list, tony.

Goli

I ended up buying Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition and Gyromancer earlier.
Deadly Premonition is the best bad game I've played recently, and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. It reminds me a bit of Shadow of Destiny, if that had combat. It's about $13 on Steam ATM. GET IT.

I just picked up Van Helsing - really looking forward to playing it, it sounds like a fun game. Did it do well for the developers, do you know?

Not sure, but they seem to be pretty proactive in fixing the annoying scripting bugs. Definitely giving it a lot of post release support.

What do I do? I am a citizen but I live in Taiwan....

I suppose it depends on the address steam has. If it's in the US you'll probably have to go through all the SS number stuff. If it's in Taiwan it shouldn't be a problem, it was completely painless for me in Aus.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What do I do? I am a citizen but I live in Taiwan....
Read the image closely. It doesn't matter where you live. Valve is required to obtain information about your citizenship status if you've sold more than 200 items on the market within a calendar year. But you will not be reported to the IRS and not be liable for any taxes unless you are a citizen or resident alien who has made more than $20,000 within a calendar year.

So either fill out the form and clear this up now...or ignore it until January 1st and you'll be back to 0/200 items for the year 2014.

pahamrick

Giving back love

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham Assylum GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6

t1388202918z1.png

Thanks so much for this, entered for Arkham City! 5th time's the charm.

Will Skullgirls get someone interested in fighting games who hasn't been interested in fighting games since they played SoulCalibur on Dreamcast while listening to Eagle-Eye Cherry and drinking Surge?
After thinking about it for 3 minutes and 10 seconds... yes.

Yes, it will. Just go through the tutorial a bunch of times, especially when it comes to defense. Don't be afraid to friend people on GAF and Steam so you can get more in depth help.

I've been really lucky with my Snow Globe drops. The only dupe I got was #6, which I traded to Grief for #10. Now I only need #3 and #9 to complete the set. Conversely, I've been unlucky with Modbot giveaways and haven't won anything in a while.

denx

Are the Metro games worth getting to play on low settings? Or are the Stalker games better?

They are different beasts really. While they both share a similar creepy eastern european vibe, Stalker is an open world game, with strong survival horror and RPG elements, while Metro is a more linear, directed experience.

So I don't know if I would call one better than the other since they are trying to do different things.

Having said that, the Metro games are graphical powerhouses, and I don't know how well they scale to lower-end systems. Since the first Stalker is from 2007, I'd say you have more chances of playing that in your system than Metro.

I wouldn't recommend it. I've seen people claim they do it though.

Nope, i don't think so.

It's not recommended. There's a kb/m mod that supposedly makes it better.

Do you have a DS3 somewhere?

Thanks a lot for the replies, I have a Razer controller "Onza" but I left it at home and I am now visiting my family for holidays, so if I buy the game I wouldn't be able to play it for a month.

Dec

Can't log in to the steam on my tablet so I looked it up and apparently you need to disable Steamguard, log in, then re-enable it. Too much trouble.

Cody_D165

Banned
just under a half hour left on my mini giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Super Hexagon -- MB-AAF84AA88A11AB87 - Taken by throwawayname. 14 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-5017FC4564FDE4A8 - Taken by Tesseract. 18 entrants total.

t1388195268z1.png

Wookieomg

I did! Looking forward to playing it. :) Been idling for cards in it so far. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom