• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so my latop has a 512GB main SSD for boot and a 1TB mechanical drive for data storage. I have steamapps folders in both drives, so if I want to take advantage of SSD can I simply move one of the games from my data drive to my boot drive's steamapps folder?

I think you can? It's probably possible if you create backups of the game's files, but I'm not too sure if that's the method you want to use for what you may be looking to do.

Hopefully someone with a much more confident answer will see this, since I'm curious now.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ugh, just discovered around $600 in fraudulent charges on my credit card over the past few days. Bank won't be able to get a new card out to me until Tuesday. Need to figure out an alternate way to buy digital games for the next few days, lol.

That was fun to watch.

It is a really fun game, everyone should own it.
Too bad I couldn't get more entrants, but I'm gonna set up another competition in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed with more prizes, hopefully more people have it and want to enter.

Colin.

Ugh, just discovered around $600 in fraudulent charges on my credit card over the past few days. Bank won't be able to get a new card out to me until Tuesday. Need to figure out an alternate way to buy digital games for the next few days, lol.

Sorry to hear. Since I assume you live in the states, you could get Steam wallet vouchers from Gamestop.

It is a really fun game, everyone should own it.
Too bad I couldn't get more entrants, but I'm gonna set up another competition in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed with more prizes, hopefully more people have it and want to enter.

That sounds like fun, Dunder. I'm not too good at the game, but it would still be fun to have a go regardless.

Caerith

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so my latop has a 512GB main SSD for boot and a 1TB mechanical drive for data storage. I have steamapps folders in both drives, so if I want to take advantage of SSD can I simply move one of the games from my data drive to my boot drive's steamapps folder?
I also have an SSD and HDD, but I use Steam Mover to move things back and forth. I don't know if manually copying stuff back and forth would work.

We don't vote for 33% discounts.
Yup. Stanley Parable looks good and all, but a) it's a remake of a mod, b) 33% is not worthy of the front page, and c) what the hell kind of price is $10.05?

I didn't vote for The Stanley Parable because it was cheaper during Day 1 of the Holiday Sale. I'd wait for the game to show up as a Daily/Flash. Probably go cheaper than the Community Vote.

mileS

Well to be perfectly fair Civ V winning the poll has NOTHING to do with the discount or price knocked off. Civ V is insanely popular and continues to be so, and probably will be until another one comes out. Its constantly up there on the top 10 current players.

Omega

Banned
sorry, I voted for CIV V because I didn't even notice Stanley Parable.

i thought the third game was just another strategy title since the other two were

Xisiqomelir

Another, because you guys are awesome.

ijvMfXlW9QRjg.gif
ip1mq38lgWFJa.gif

Very muchly appreciated mang! I love SteamGAF!

DocSeuss

I'm so bummed. I got a chopstick with a yarn moustache on it for Christmas, and I can't afford to buy myself any more games (Four friends gave me gifts after they heard how shit Christmas was). Was really hoping to buy Assassins' Creed 4 Gold, Stanley, Interstellar Marines, and a bunch of other stuff.

--

I'm kinda amazed that Game Dev Story's clone is going to be put on a deal, or that people might buy it. Not knowing what it was, I did. And, like, holy crap, it's an exact clone, except less good.

It's like having a game with the exact same levels and enemies as Doom, but with a cutesy art style and only one gun.

I actually chatted with people about this back when I played it, and the response was "so what? They're indie devs." A lot of people seemed to feel that they earned sales because they had that clever piracy thing, and because they were 'the little guy." But, like... no? Me, I kinda think they're unoriginal scumbags who don't deserve a cent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
* You can pay an extra $10 to have a prisoner named in the game, which is a fun thing to do.

Haha, I'd forgotten about this. <3

Football Manager 2014 is an all-time low on Nuuvem right now, ~€6.30/$8.75, and it's a Steam code. You'd need to use a VPN to get past the Nuuvem region locking (FlyVPN's lite version has a Brazilian IP you can use) if you're not in Brazil but once you activate it in Steam it's no different to Steam keys from any other source.

If you're not using a private VPN and want to be extra safe I've heard if you add the game to your cart (the cart screen is where they enforce the region lock) and then disconnect the VPN you can order and not risk entering any passwords or the like over a public VPN.

To clarify, you also need to have the VPN active when activating the key, otherwise you'll just encounter this:

nogame4ugkf0h.jpg

Despite the mention of the "purchase" being "cancelled", Steam doesn't actually eat the key.

ZeroCDR

What's the deal with RE5? I swear it was 75% off earlier in the sale, now it's not on sale even during the RE6/Revelations sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the deal with RE5? I swear it was 75% off earlier in the sale, now it's not on sale even during the RE6/Revelations sale.

Capcom returned all of its GFWL games (sans Street Fighter) to full price a few days ago.

The_Monk

Just finished Brothers A Tale of Two Sons fellow GAFfers:

PSxqsXQ.png

The game have a nice story and pretty environments in really nice locations. It's a pretty short game but I believe it's well worth playing. I must say, however, that it's not a game for everyone. While some may see a nice story, others can see a game with almost no gameplay elements, lack of puzzles or they just might find it boring. To me, it was a nice experience.

I've noticed some people complaining about how bad the game decided for you to control both of the Brothers and I would like to add something: for those that do not know, there's a younger brother and a older brother. You control the older brother with the left analogue stick and the younger brother with right analogue stick. Because you need to move both at the same time it may get a bit frustrating, however, I believe this was essential because, you know, brothers will be brothers. Not always they go easy on each other and it may sound difficult for you to get used at this controlling scheme because sometimes it's hard to work as a team, but when it works, it works well.

Also, this might be SPOILERS even there's no words in here:

:( :( :( :( :( :(:( :( :(:( :( :(:( :( :(

NoPiece

It struck me today how far I;ve slipped. I used to play a ton of games. Then I just collected them on Steam and never played them, Now I just like to read about game sales all day... What's coming up at 6pm?? can't wait!

derFeef

This game is better than you think it is, go play this.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Resident Evil 6 -- MB-2A1B660D861BD126 - Taken by Raxus. 51 entrants total.

t1388196483z1.png

Curious_George

Neo Member
I'm kinda amazed that Game Dev Story's clone is going to be put on a deal, or that people might buy it. Not knowing what it was, I did. And, like, holy crap, it's an exact clone, except less good.

It's like having a game with the exact same levels and enemies as Doom, but with a cutesy art style and only one gun.

I actually chatted with people about this back when I played it, and the response was "so what? They're indie devs." A lot of people seemed to feel that they earned sales because they had that clever piracy thing, and because they were 'the little guy." But, like... no? Me, I kinda think they're unoriginal scumbags who don't deserve a cent.

Well, I feel like they kind of earned sales by releasing this game on the PC. The Game Dev Story team had the same opportunity to do it themselves with their own game. While I think it's definitely a shitty action to copy another game as wholly as they apparently have, the Tycoon team saw a market the Dev Story team overlooked and jumped on it. I'm sure people on Steam would buy the original if it was available there.

Sianos

here come the new flash salesss

I'm very disappointed the Stanley Parable lost the vote, more people need to experience this phenomenal game.

New flash deals are almost here. But this Don't Starve giveaway is happening now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-419C49D5A4D32A4F

t1388206698z1.png

Turfster

Flash
  • Castle Storm 66% off
  • Guacamelee 75% off
  • Metro Last Light 66% off
  • Doom 3 75% off
Community votes
  • World of Goo 90% off
  • Tetrobot & Co 75% off
  • Universe sandbox 80% off