• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Thanks derFeef for RE6!

image.php

Yay ;)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Vote Tetrobot & Co please, I really enjoyed Blocks that Matter plus it's on my wishlist

6arVVsC.png
It isn't flawless, but the game stands head and shoulders above Blocks that Matter so I think you'll be quite happy with it. I was very pleased by how well Swing Swing Submarine learned from the mistakes made with BtM (...which I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If you can't get World Of Goo on Wii, then vote for it here and buy it. Wonderful game, second best version of it. Wii version best due to having co-op.

Tetrobot & Co isn't a bad choice either though.

Lain

Castle Storm at 66% off is tempting me, but I think I'll pass this time, knowing The Swapper will come in time and that's higher on my list.

Bad7667

I'm about to buy Civ5, what dlc should I get with it?

Both expansions are really good but if you can only get one I think Brave New World adds more to the game than Gods does.

And I think Brave adds Religion which was the big new addition that Gods added, but I could be wrong.

What's better rogue legacy or Spelunky?

While I am liking Rogue Legacy a lot, which I'll probably add to my personal Top 10 games of 2013, I'm going to pick Spelunky always. Spelunky doesn't have that grindy leveling up RL has so that right there is a positive. Both games are great though.

What's better rogue legacy or Spelunky?

Rogue legacy is more fun out of the box, but Spelunky will probably last longer with you.

So just depends when you want your rogue-like goodness. Both are excellent.

I like Super Metroid so I bought Guacamelee

They are not really the same game. Guac is focused on melee with some light exploration. Still a fun game, but you should know what you are getting into.

Caerith

Both expansions are really good but if you can only get one I think Brave New World adds more to the game than Gods does.

And I think Brave adds Religion which was the big new addition that Gods added, but I could be wrong.

The Gold edition includes Gods & Kings (which added Religion) and all the previous DLC. It also has the gameplay changes introduced in Brave New World, just not the new civs and stuff.

So, short answer: get Civ V Gold, get Brave New World (when it's on a better discount), and then you've got everything of value.

Completely disagree (unless we're talking multiplayer, where obviously Risk of Rain wins).

Different strokes, I prefer the action based game based around classes that progressively gets more insane with time rather than the cheese of Rogue Legacy that gets boring after 10 hours max. Better soundtrack by far, better setting, more interesting graphics, vastly deeper combat, fill the screens with power ups. Yea.. Risk of Rain is better :p.

While I am liking Rogue Legacy a lot, which I'll probably add to my personal Top 10 games of 2013, I'm going to pick Spelunky always. Spelunky doesn't have that grindy leveling up RL has so that right there is a positive. Both games are great though.

Thanks, just bought Spelunky but haven't played it yet, debating whether to get legacy to

Bad7667

The Gold edition includes Gods & Kings (which added Religion) and all the previous DLC. It also has the gameplay changes introduced in Brave New World, just not the new civs and stuff.

So, short answer: get Civ V Gold, get Brave New World (when it's on a better discount), and then you've got everything of value.

Oh did not know that. I thought the trade stuff and world congress was BNW only.

definitely wait for a better sale for BNW.

akira28

How long do you reckon the game will be on sale for? I want to hold out as long as possible to see if it will pop up on steam

I think there's little chance it's gonna get a better than 50% off even if they do a flash sale repeat. Just let Hanako have that extra $2.50 you're trying to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom