• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bold statement. Are you really saying they're comparable?

Uh. Sure?
Guacamelee is easily one of the best "Metroidvania" games I've ever played.

Modbot broke 10,000 giveaways some time over the last two days.

Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.

In voting related news, Universe Sandbox is really cool if you basically want a toy to model the universe. I like fast-forwarding through time and watch all of the planets get ejected from the solar system.

Congrats and good luck. :)

mrgone

Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.

In voting related news, Universe Sandbox is really cool if you basically want a toy to model the universe. I like fast-forwarding through time and watch all of the planets get ejected from the solar system.

terminator2thumbsup.jpg

My felicitations, sir!

Samus is really just what luchadores will eventually become, when you think about it.

Volotaire

Congrats!

Lain

Congratulations all around.

denx

I voted for Universe Sandbox. :p

Congrats based Stump!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I hope I never get engaged. Also, congrats. ;)

Tellaerin

Congrats on your engagement, man! :D

rtcn63

Congratulations Stump, remember to send Modbot a postcard every now and then to let it know you haven't forgotten the old days.

Shade

Congratz = )

fantomena

Jay-Z-Justin-Timberlake-Gif.gif

Nice, congratulations Modbot! Oh wait, I mean, Stumpokapow!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

A hearty congratulations to you and your soon to be partner for life. I hope when the time comes, ModBot is there to give you away after a 15 minute wait.

Someday I hope to try that engagement game, of which I promise not to idle for cards with it.

Considering "Metroidvania" means almost jack shit nowadays. I'm wary of posts like this. ;)

No offense.

It's like Super Metroid in the fact there is a large world of different segments connected together to explore and return to as you develop new abilities over the course of the game. It's not as rich as the world of Zebes no is it as open to exploiting sections to get where you shouldn't be quite yet, but from a casual stand point it hits all the same notes.

It's just an action game with a melee combat system instead of range weapons. A chicken in place of a morph ball. Luchador wrestling moves instead of a Screwattack or bomb jump. A Chozo statute instead of... no wait, that's the same.

FauX

ModBot reached 10k giveaways?! That's an outstanding achievement!
I wanna know how many games of that big Pie I managed to get :D

Btw, I love how some gaffers mix on their giveaways the best game on Steam: Bad Rats.
What really bothers me is, how that shit got green light?!

belushy

Banned
Hey thread, can someone link me the leaks for Day 11 and 12 that someone posted way early in the thread. I skimmed back through the thread but I think I'm blind because I can't find it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Hey guys! I am doing a giveaway. TWO of these games are Guacamelee, TWO of these games are Bad Rats. Who will win and who will be ratted out? (If these keys don't work please PM me)

I'm feeling lucky.

Stump, presumably, is getting lucky.

Congrats (et même félicitations, your beloved one is francophone if I remember correctly).

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Actually that is something I would love to find out. Are there statistics on what are the most given games? Just how many times has the plague of Bad Rats been given? What game got the most entries?

-MD-

Hey thread, can someone link me the leaks for Day 11 and 12 that someone posted way early in the thread. I skimmed back through the thread but I think I'm blind because I can't find it.

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

oday's Daily Deals include:
Fallout: New Vegas 66% off
Deadlight 80% off