• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Edit: Already decided.

So what exactly is universe sandbox anyroad? I can't watch the trailer at the moment on my mobile and I'm not exactly sure how you would interact simulating universe.

fantomena

Im REALLY tempted to buy Anno 2070, but the case that the game has 2 DRM systems (Tages and UPlay) is fucking awful. UPlay is OKAY even though I dislike it, but TAGES on top of UPlay is terribad.

Meh, I will just spare my money. Sory Ubit, but if you had removed at least TAGES (Uplay would still be good to remove too), you would have received my money.

No matter how tempted I am to buy a game, DRM systems on top of each other is fucking awful and leave me no choice than to NOT buy the game.

The only game I have done that to is GTA IV, but I was dumb at that time and didn't research better.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Im REALLY tempted to buy Anno 2070, but the case that the game has 2 DRM systems (Tages and UPlay) is fucking awful. UPlay is OKAY even though I dislike it, but TAGES on top of UPlay is terribad.

Meh, I will just spare my money. Sory Ubit, but if you had removed at least TAGES (Uplay would still be good to remove too), you would have received my money.

No matter how tempted I am to buy a game, DRM systems on top of each other is fucking awful and leave me no choice than to NOT buy the game.

The only game I have done that to is GTA IV, but I was dumb at that time and didn't research better.

it has 3 layers of DRM, which is completely absurd

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot broke 10,000 giveaways some time over the last two days.

Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.

In voting related news, Universe Sandbox is really cool if you basically want a toy to model the universe. I like fast-forwarding through time and watch all of the planets get ejected from the solar system.

Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.

In voting related news, Universe Sandbox is really cool if you basically want a toy to model the universe. I like fast-forwarding through time and watch all of the planets get ejected from the solar system.

The best part of Universe Sandbox is destroying everything.

nexen

Congrats on your engagement!

Smash88

Banned

Congrats BUDDY!

mr_tc

Congrats on the engagement Stump

Caerith

Congrats! And also congrats to Modbot.

I remember civ fans complaining about Civ 5 being heavily flawed at launch (terrible AI, etc). Have they improved the game much since then?

Grief.exe

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

Miker

I wasn't PC gaming and didn't catch news of the Humble Bundle until the Bastion Bundle iirc.

Ah, that'll do it. It fell off the map in bundles a while back, but for a time, it was in /everything/. If you go on CAG, I'm sure you can find someone selling keys for 25 cents or something.

Is getting engaged a new development? If so, congratulations!

Congratz man!

Caerith

I remember civ fans complaining about Civ 5 being heavily flawed at launch (terrible AI, etc). Have they improved the game much since then?

I think the biggest complaints were that Civ V vanilla was pretty sparse compared to Civ IV Complete. Those complaints have long since been addressed with G&K and BNW adding religion and trade and really revamping culture.

akira28

Edit: Already decided.

So what exactly is universe sandbox anyroad? I can't watch the trailer at the moment on my mobile and I'm not exactly sure how you would interact simulating universe.

It's a weird "game" of sorts. You can change physics or graphical effects, so you can just gawk at the pretty universe, or make things start crashing into each other, etc.

edit: congrats king dog.

Khronico

Congraturation Stump!

Congrats Stump.

AI is a hell of a lot better now but it can still be kinda sucky at times (they absolutely cannot deal with navies still for some reason) but it is a lot less backstabby with notable exceptions for the civs that are more prone to it (Siam, Attila)

DasFool

Hey guys! I am doing a giveaway. TWO of these games are Guacamelee, TWO of these games are Bad Rats. Who will win and who will be ratted out? (If these keys don't work please PM me)

EDIT: Congratulations Stump!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eenie Meenie -- MB-FC8F35490CB0121C
Miney Mo -- MB-A4839C455B6FBBF2
Catch a Bad Rat -- MB-43DA67855E06A864
By the Toe -- MB-21DABBE2DCA35AAE

t1388208859z1.png

hitmon

Congrats on the engagement Stump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom