• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be wary all you want.
Drinkbox makes FANTASTIC games. I bought all their games on PC once ported even though I already owned them on PSN... and that would be why I bought 5 copies to give out as gifts when it won the flash sale. :p

Drinkkkkbox made this game and I just now connect the dots???, moved from far down the backlog to near the top! Loved Mutant Blobs.

DasFool

Reposting for the new page since last page went too fast lol. Good luck to anyone who enters.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 BAD RATS keys and 2 GUACAMELEE KEYS. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eenie Meenie -- MB-FC8F35490CB0121C - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 5 entrants total.
Miney Mo -- MB-A4839C455B6FBBF2 - Taken by Nabs. 18 entrants total.
Catch a Bad Rat -- MB-43DA67855E06A864
By the Toe -- MB-21DABBE2DCA35AAE - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.

t1388208859z1.png

inky

Why are we all congratulating Stump? Did he finally beat my Super Hexagon times or what?

*reads thread*

Oh, I guess that's good too... not as good, but still OK.

Congrats Stump, awesomest of all mods.

Reposting for the new page since last page went too fast lol. Good luck to anyone who enters.

LOL, this is awesome. Entered =D

Day 1:
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe
Dishonored GOTY
BL2 XMAS DLC
You Don't Know Jack! Movies
You Don't Know Jack! Television
You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Shelter
Electronic Super Joy

Day 2:
FF7

Day 4:
Eldritch

Day 5:
Super Hexagon

Day 6:
Terraria

Day 7:
Guacamelee
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Shpelunky
Risk of Rain

I am being told to buy Paranautical Activity and Long Live The Queen for research. I shall do so.

Locked out of market due to my new card. Lame.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Question for you guys!

In 2014, I have a goal to complete 200 games before the end of the year. I decided to start making a chart of games to aim to complete. I have a lot to play, so my question to you guys is to recommend some games you think I should play and beat next year that I currently own: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/games/?tab=all&sort=name

Thank you very much for anyone who gives me some opinions. Recommend anything on the list, even if it said I have played it before, as I do want to replay a few things and some are only partial or were me idling for cards or something.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Anyone know if that castle of illsuion remake is any good?

In my personal experience I can't even play the game because it only works on 30hz refresh, soon as I switch it to 60 I get a black screen and it looks like the only way to fix it is to regedit all DirectX games to be forced to run 60hz. And fuck all that.

Papytendo

Question for you guys!

In 2014, I have a goal to complete 200 games before the end of the year. I decided to start making a chart of games to aim to complete. I have a lot to play, so my question to you guys is to recommend some games you think I should play and beat next year that I currently own: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/games/?tab=all&sort=name

Thank you very much for anyone who gives me some opinions. Recommend anything on the list, even if it said I have played it before, as I do want to replay a few things and some are only partial or were me idling for cards or something.
Bad Rats

Giving back love

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham Assylum GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6

t1388202918z1.png

Hope I didn-t fuck this up

Ceebs

Castlestorm is neat. Like a mix of Tiny Soldiers and Angrybirds type castle destruction plus a direct controlled unit as well.

Wondering if it's something my wife would be into? The Sims and the occasional game if Halo are most of her gaming experiences, but I was wanting to get something with a narrative to try her out on. Is there a strong story to it or is it more just searching to find little nuggets of the story as you go?

I've received quite a bit of replies from co-workers asking me to stop sending them copies of The Secret of the Magic Crystals. Nope. I'll stop when I know it's been added to your account.

Question for you guys!

Get your point-and-clicks out of the way first. They're fast and they'll make you feel accomplished and ready to tackle tougher games. I recommend playing the Strong Bad games first for the nostalgia - as of last Thursday, Homestar's been MIA for three years.

Tesseract

Banned
Wondering if it's something my wife would be into? The Sims and the occasional game if Halo are most of her gaming experiences, but I was wanting to get something with a narrative to try her out on. Is there a strong story to it or is it more just searching to find little nuggets of the story as you go?

is she in her mid-late twenties to early thirties? if so she'll adore it.

Eusis

I could have sworn Civ5 was $7.49 when I voted for it. I must have had too much to drink today.

;)
Showed the discount on the base game I think. Which would be fine if that actually applied to the base game and all/most of the DLC, but instead they pulled a fast one, slapped it on Gold, and kept everything at 50% still.

It's why I kinda hate voting based on hoped DLC value, though this is a new one.

Ceebs

Both? You are searching around for nuggets of the story, but the story is what keeps you going. The MAIN story is impossible to miss as it feeds you new parts as you progress, but there are several other stories told just through the environment and objects.

kurahador

Gone Home is pretty much it really, but the atmosphere and presentation is great.
And the game is pretty short--took me less than 2 hours.

So I won Mirror's Edge a few days ago. Time to give back just a bit. (There's a small chance this Super Hexagon code won't work for some reason; unlike the other two it's got a "not tradeable" sign in my inventory that says it can't be traded until Jan 23rd, but it generated the gift e-mail just fine. Let's find out!)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Hexagon -- MB-60B52E9C0464298E - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 3 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-84B5A24829FE9FFB - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Kaper. 8 entrants total.
Don't Starve -- MB-2E038E07202B5D76 - Taken by Kvik. 27 entrants total.

t1388202604z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
bought Guacamelee!. Again. My GOTY.

I've bought a ton of games twice, but excluding edition/region-specific apps and indie bundles I don't think I've ever bought anything three times or more. I suppose Aquaria and Alice: Madness Returns come out on top since I bought them twice for the same platform (PC, of course).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
RE: War Zero Recons giveaway:

F.E.A.R. 2 Origins is a great game, with an extremely spooky and intense atmosphere that I haven't experienced in a long while. Storyline is pretty generic horror so far (I'm almost done with it) but there are actually some laugh out loud moments in terms of dialogue.

It is pretty much a corridor shooter but the slow motion abilities you get make you feel like a bad ass and make the game that much more fun to play. And a lot of WTF moments in good ways I won't spoil.

EDIT: Congrats on the engagement Stump!

user237

Looks like you didn't play Sleeping Dogs yet. That one would be good.

Caerith

Question for you guys!

Here's my recommendations, should be the quickest way to take a chunk out of your backlog.

Adventure games! Not including your Lucasarts stuff (unless you never played them before). You can just plow right through these:
  • Back to the Future (5 games)
  • Blackwell series (4 games)
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (1 game)
  • Hector: Badge of Carnage (3 games)
  • Sam & Max Season 3 (5 games) (how do you not have seasons 1 and 2?)
  • The 39 Steps
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Wallace & Gromit (4 games)
Short games that you're unlikely to get stuck in:
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
  • Costume Quest
  • DLC Quest
  • Ittle Dew
  • Sequence
  • Stacking
  • Super Hexagon (should only take you 6 minutes to 100%)
Games you should just play anyway and forget your backlog:
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Risen
  • Risen 2
  • Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Vampire: Bloodlines

Pachimari

Can somebody quickly explain to me, what I need to do, to fix this error when launching the Amnesia: Dark Descent demo from Steam on my MacBook Air 2011?

BcMzmfx.png

Whools

I've seen quite a few of those roulette style modbot giveaways, and They're great, the generousity of this community is truly something. But as... bemusing as giving away Bad Rats is, I thought i'd make the case for Time Gentlemen, Please to be the filler game.
1. It's a great game
2. As far as i can tell it's the cheapest stand alone game on steam during a sale
3. It could mean Ben and Dan 3 see's the cold light of day sooner.
I understand the joke of Bad Rats, but I thought I'd just suggest the option.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-4E95D4E2F2D162B1 - Taken by topyy. 28 entrants total.

t1388202964z1.png

Edit: Well that's my first time seeing that image. No Sleep tonight

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Here's my recommendations, should be the quickest way to take a chunk out of your backlog.

Adventure games! Not including your Lucasarts stuff (unless you never played them before). You can just plow right through these:
  • Back to the Future (5 games)
  • Blackwell series (4 games)
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (1 game)
  • Hector: Badge of Carnage (3 games)
  • Sam & Max Season 3 (5 games) (how do you not have seasons 1 and 2?)
  • The 39 Steps
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Wallace & Gromit (4 games)
Short games that you're unlikely to get stuck in:
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
  • Costume Quest
  • DLC Quest
  • Ittle Dew
  • Sequence
  • Stacking
  • Super Hexagon (should only take you 6 minutes to 100%)
Games you should just play anyway and forget your backlog:
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Risen
  • Risen 2
  • Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Vampire: Bloodlines

Very intricate list, all added. Also added Sleeping Dogs and skimming over my games right now as well.

Last call. These comes from Humble Bundle, if they don't work shoot me a PM, I think I fucked up the link

Giving back love

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham Assylum GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-C1C08E4DF6024FB6

t1388202918z1.png

graywolf323

Modbot broke 10,000 giveaways some time over the last two days.

Also I got engaged, which I am optimistically looking at as an excuse to play through my backlog since I'm broke as hell and won't have any money for gaming for the next year or so LOL.

In voting related news, Universe Sandbox is really cool if you basically want a toy to model the universe. I like fast-forwarding through time and watch all of the planets get ejected from the solar system.

congrats stump! good luck on the backlog as well

Pachimari

Anastacio: try verifying game cache.

I will sound like a complete clueless guy here (which I am hehe) but how do I verify game cache?

I'm just worried I will run into similar trouble if I start buying Steam games, but I also want to get into the ecosystem. :/

EDIT:
I'm verifying now.

It verified successfully and didn't do anything more? Still doesn't work. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom