• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Wow! Also, Starbound had pre-order minimum price of $15, versus DayZ's $30, correct? I suppose there's also the higher tiers of purchases in the Kickstarter and website for Starbound that come into play... Either way, it is a really great showing from two excellent titles.

And yeah, it's pretty wild that nothing on sale so far can bring down this titan. I've been sorely tempted to pick it up this entire sale, but that $30 price point makes my wallet weep quietly to itself... And I never got around to buying/playing the original version with Arma2 either. :(

My suggestion would be to wait right now.

The game is in a great place, but it is extremely light on content.

Guacamelee, is on sale again. Was it a community vote winner earlier?

Yes.

Buy it, the price is only gonne go up and its worth it.

Price will not increase for a long, long time.

Hakkuei

I guess people who love Super Hexagon play it with a touchpad? I've played it on PC with a keyboard and the game is so clunky and unintuitive to control and play. I can see the appeal but I really don't like it since most of the time it seems the game is screwing me over with its controls. I'd like it a whole lot more if it was mouse driven.

Nope, I'm playing it with the arrow keys and it's almost perfect. You do have to get used to it though.
Make sure you have v-sync disabled because it causes a lot of input lag, which makes the game practically unplayable. That could explain why you thought it was so clunky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Exactly, you are right Jase, but in the case of Spiderman Shattered Dimensions the name is unchanged, the question is "when" Acti is gonna release both games (in case they are planning on release Wolverine)?

Amazon no longer sells Wolverine itself (copies are instead sourced from affiliates), my guess being that the licence expired some time ago, so unless Acti pulls a Konami and decides to get it back, I'd consider a Steam release dead in the water. Shattered Dimensions is in a similar boat, as per my ninja-edit, but since Acti still has the Spider-Man licence there is a faint possibility of this changing.

Evidently the success of belated PC ports (or rather, in this context, Steam releases), beginning with Alan Wake last year, has caught the attention of Acti, but at this juncture it doesn't seem as though this will bear any fruit.

_hekk05

Banned
I ate too many weird stuff and lost most of my health, so I thought it would be a good idea to smash a frog in the face with my axe that has 1% durability left, D:

Game is great though, and I get to play as Ai Haibara from detective conan.

I'm slowly learning :lol

Yeah... one of your priorities would be to get a crockpot.

Don't eat monster meat or mushrooms. Throw them into the crockpot instead. As long as there is only 1 of either monster meat or durian, you won't get monster lagsana (you lose health with that).

Don't put sticks into the crockpot unless you wanna make fish sticks, in which case put 1 only.

Get a bee hive later on. Honey nuggets are a good way to recover hp as well as hunger.

Garcia

I read this and then bought it. Was bothering me for the last couple hours having it in my cart.

Praying Valdis or Volgarr show up tomorrow.

You're in for such a treat. Gorgeous visuals, fantastic sense of humor, exquisite gameplay, nods to other famous franchises, . . . A jewel of a game that everyone should at least try out.

It is a steal right now and shouldn't be missed. :)

Anteater

Yeah... one of your priorities would be to get a crockpot.

Don't eat monster meat or mushrooms. Throw them into the crockpot instead. As long as there is only 1 of either monster meat or durian, you won't get monster lagsana (you lose health with that).

Don't put sticks into the crockpot unless you wanna make fish sticks, in which case put 1 only.

Get a bee hive later on. Honey nuggets are a good way to recover hp as well as hunger.

I guess I need to explore more and find the necessary materials, I was still trying to get my hands on a gold nugget for the science machine thingy

Oreoleo

Tempted to get the metro last light season pass, even though I thought last light was pretty average.

Power of steam sales :/

The DLC is almost unanimously underwhelming, and this is coming for someone who likes the Metro series A LOT. The Faction Pack is the one to get solely for the Library level.

Alright, i'm going to bed soon, so give me some quick input so i can decide on whether to take the plunge on Castle Storm or not. It looks cool, but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually plays well

zkylon

zkylewd
I ate too many weird stuff and lost most of my health, so I thought it would be a good idea to smash a frog in the face with my axe that has 1% durability left, D:

Game is great though, and I get to play as Ai Haibara from detective conan.
the fuck that is amazing

Vyer

Picked up Guacamelee, so I'm looking forward to playing it with all these positive impressions.

Also playing the new Tomb Raider for the first time and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Amazon no longer sells Wolverine itself (copies are instead sourced from affiliates), my guess being that the licence expired some time ago, so unless Acti pulls a Konami and decides to get it back, I'd consider a Steam release dead in the water. Shattered Dimensions is in a similar boat, as per my ninja-edit, but since Acti still has the Spider-Man licence there is a faint possibility of this changing.

Evidently the success of belated PC ports (or rather, in this context, Steam releases), beginning with Alan Wake last year, has caught the attention of Acti, but at this juncture it doesn't seem as though this will bear any fruit.

That's what I was afraid of... damn with those expired licences!!!

But as you said, Spiderman Shattered Dimensions maybe could see the light since Acti owns the licence, a little possibility but it's there... it's just a matter of time and see if they release it! I hope they release it, it's a good Spiderman game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete -- MB-22A072E9D493A59B - Taken by Garcia. 15 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-1B8A5641F43AA9AC - Taken by Danielsan. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-C8AEC68DD1845A3C - Taken by emiranda061288. 12 entrants total.
Magika Plus 2 DLC -- MB-E9014397413D959D - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Star Void -- MB-5734DE1993614AB0 - Taken by Casimir. 8 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-74DDD8064DEBCB34 - Taken by Santini. 2 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-02B3E33906D8A5B0 - Taken by GraveHorizon. 6 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-B38DDE7B83EB6152 - Taken by Zeknurn. 5 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-44DABF919578F297 - Taken by mileS. 4 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-4D25D81A5B452A99 - Taken by liezryou. 2 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-BE54596BD262AEE1 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 3 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-D484356213C9EC78 - Taken by Kastrioti. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-DA3586D5825F9732 - Taken by slayzz. 7 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-605D2D62C90415EB - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-69893C87A104F114 - Taken by MTMBStudios. 4 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-472765721E5CF567 - Taken by liezryou. 2 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-178901B340DF059C - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-5CA12508B9187A13 - Taken by jwtsonga. 2 entrants total.

t1388218984z1.png
stuff

bender

What time is it?
Bought Morrowind GOTY. Installed the Morrowind Overhaul 3 mod. Doesn't look half bad. Played Oblivion and Skyrim, but never got around to playing this.

Pretty excited. :)

Curious for impressions after you play it. It was my first TES and the only one I've enjoyed and stuck with.

I guess people who love Super Hexagon play it with a touchpad? I've played it on PC with a keyboard and the game is so clunky and unintuitive to control and play. I can see the appeal but I really don't like it since most of the time it seems the game is screwing me over with its controls. I'd like it a whole lot more if it was mouse driven.

I was worried about getting vertigo or some shit after watching videos of it, but at what, 50 cents? I couldn't pass up the impulse buy. I haven't tried it yet, but hell, that pretty much goes for over half of my Steam list.

GOT THAT GUAC. Seems too awesome to pass up.

Still thinking about Don't Starve. Who would recommend it?

I will for sure. You can effortlessly get 15-20+ hours out of it and that is even before you dive into the steam workshop.

If you have any interest in a survival/rogue game then pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom