• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, glad someone got that Worms Crazy Golf code from SephirothRK's generous giveaway. It's actually quite fun in a relaxing sort of way as you plan your shots and occasionally kill other worms, while going for a best run. Hopefully someday they make a sequel. Only Worms game worth playing single player.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Same issue with the ModBot key.

EDIT: If you get a ModBot key, is it possible to make a secret ModBot giveaway using the key and making yourself the winner so you get the game for real? Or does it not work like that at all?

mileS

It appears I've won Gemini Rue. Like the others have said I've just got a MB code. Hmmm

Great giveaway tho! Awesome stuff.

DiscoJer

Besides Steam constantly asking me to log-in, the last 3 times it's asked me to verify my location by entering in a code they send me via email.

It says something about my IP address being near Maryland, but I'm not.

Should I be worried?

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks SephirothRK for NS2! Another game for the "gotta shoot some Aliens" collection. =)

Like some of the others, it looks like Modbot sent me the key I used to enter.

Heh. You gonna have a bad time if you go into NS2 thinking like that. Be terrified of aliens.

mileS

Besides Steam constantly asking me to log-in, the last 3 times it's asked me to verify my location by entering in a code they send me via email.

It says something about my IP address being near Maryland, but I'm not.

Should I be worried?

I think they have been having a problem with the IP stuff being correct lately. Last time I logged onto the website and went through the normal enter your email code stuff it said my IP was somewhere else in the country. I wouldn't worry about it.

from the forums:
Simply put: Geolocation tracking by IP is inaccurate ignore it unless it says you are connecting from a diffrent country or if you are absolutely no where near the location provided and even then it might still be you because of the inaccuracy.

Jintor

Don't Starve is amazing, except for the thing where sometimes you can't pick up an object because no matter which way you swing the camera it'll be hidden behind a tree

I was pretty happy I finally got Guac... then i saw

tMkHcr9.jpg

GOAT

Danielsan

Don't Starve is amazing, except for the thing where sometimes you can't pick up an object because no matter which way you swing the camera it'll be hidden behind a tree
Use the space bar instead of the mouse to pick things up (if I recall correctly). Much easier.

DiscoJer

I think they have been having a problem with the IP stuff being correct lately. Last time I logged onto the website and went through the normal enter your email code stuff it said my IP was somewhere else in the country. I wouldn't worry about it.

from the forums:

Thanks!

A great time-waster, just like Civ which I have been pouring hours into it like it was Spanish wine. I want wine now.

joe2187

Banned
I did a thing.

ModBot said:
SUPER COMBAT RAFFLE!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pL7MD.png

Skullgirls -- MB-4AC3C6D56A933DBB
Guacamelee -- MB-9DB0EF6AA46398D5
Dark Souls -- MB-96563A370FF24117

t1388306509z1.png

tumblr_m34jcyKeNT1qfjm7k.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
been playing a bit of the last of us today and I feel so bad this isn't on pc, I imagine a lot of you would've loved it

then again having ps3's is pretty normal outside argieland so I suppose it's not many people that miss out on it

Garcia

For anyone trying to set up x360ce for Guacamelee:

You have to rename the file xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll if your controller doesn't get recognized. That did the trick for me.

Koeta

Being a steam sale vet, it's kind of sad watching the new sales come and go and nothing I don't already own looking good :(

TheD

The Detective
Ugh I want it at that price! Damn my money currently being in Steam wallet. Wallet was stolen with my credit card etc so I had to resort to getting Steam wallet cards from EB.

For those confused. Australian, would normally get a friendly GAFfer from the US to assist.

EDIT: Holy shit. Thanks Drmiha!

Does it work?
I ask because last I checked those arseholes at deep sliver put region locks on games like last light so that it only works in the country it was bought it?

Garcia

been playing a bit of the last of us today and I feel so bad this isn't on pc, I imagine a lot of you would've loved it

then again having ps3's is pretty normal outside argieland so I suppose it's not many people that miss out on it

There are so many great games that should eventually make their jump to PC. Dark Souls is a great example of a good trend. That one is selling like cupcakes these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom