• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow at those flash sales. Magicka was 75% off during the summer sale of 2012

Edit: Actually when you click on the links the real discounts show up

Danielsan

Voted for Snow, bought World of Goo.

And I missed getting Guac for a friend. Just as I wanted to hit confirm on my purchase it had gone up tot € 6.99. Now I feel bad. :(

mileS

I understand some people want to help the dev's out, and understandably so because games like this are hard to find these days.

but
SNOW is the upcoming free-to-play open world winter sports game
just in case that changes your mind

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Giana DLC only 33%, well fuck you then

Missed the Last Light flash (I know it will be a daily), these 66% discounts are hard to pull the trigger on :( Same with Gone Home

feel

Voted for Snow. Never heard of it before, seems interesting but will probably only download once it comes out for free. Reminds me of those nice looking snowboarding game demos that came with pc gaming magazines that I spent hours playing as a kid.

I missed one when L4D2 was given away as I couldn't get on Steam - maybe that's the one you missed

Nope, it must have happened yesterday. I remember getting an error with one of my votes, so maybe it didn't go through and I forgot to vote again. Although I'm pretty sure I checked if one of the games said I voted for it. Oh well, it's only a snowglobe card less, I think I'll live.

Jintor

I don't know why but I assumed that Pool Nation was actually a management sim for a waterpark or something. Actually seeing what it was was a severe disappointment

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Oohcloud a gaffer? says I have no friends or groups in common on steam

bkw

Giana DLC only 33%, well fuck you then

Missed the Last Light flash (I know it will be a daily), these 66% discounts are hard to pull the trigger on :( Same with Gone Home
Rise of the Owlverlord just updated to 80%. Is that the DLC you're talking about?

Rhaknar

Rise of the Overlord just updated to 80%. Is that the DLC you're talking about?

ah ha! yes sir, thank you. the bundle also updated

Giana Sister is fucking gorgeous, worth it only for that

Garcia

World of Goo get.

Currently downloading Magicka's Demo since it's got so many mixed reviews. Gonna try it out before I add it to my cart.

I just got a few retail Football Manager 2010, 2011 and 2012 copies, if any gaffer is interested let me know and I can trade it for a steam game I'm interested in.

Seanspeed

Banned
Snow is a F2P game. The only reason I'd want to PAY to play it before its even in its release state is to support the developers. And if I wanted to support the developers, I wouldn't need a discount.

Voted for Pool Nation.

World of Goo get.

Currently downloading Magicka's Demo since it's got so many mixed reviews. Gonna try it out before I add it to my cart.

Magicka is worth a buy if you are into Wizard-Suicide-Simulations. Its fun if you like dying alot by your own hands or your friend hands.

Xhorder

Snow looked interesting enough and might possibly be the only snowboarding game on Steam, so it got my vote. Also bought DMC and Portal 2, I must've been the last one who didn't own P2. I finished it on Xbox 360, but I was thinking about replaying it at some point...

Rhaknar

Expedition Conquistador top seller on GMG

tumblr_m6h8f1CLRI1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

mileS

LOL, for being the cheapest? is that the trend? Civ V Gold wasn't the cheapest though and it won last time. Was that an exception to the rule?

Civ V is like throwing Walking Dead into a vote with two random indie games that nobody has heard of. I'd say its an exception. It's constantly in the top 10 current users playing. Most of the time top 5.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Someone tell me what to vote for because none of the choices look interesting

I voted for Pool Nation but Snow (Slight issue: It's going to be F2P so it's just access to the alpha and random stuff) might also be interesting if it's half decent.

Garcia

Civ V is like throwing Walking Dead into a vote with two random indie games that nobody has heard of. I'd say its an exception. It's constantly in the top 10 current users playing. Most of the time top 5.

Well, guess they have to stir things up a little bit from time to time. I see where you're getting at. Maybe they could try opening up a new category exclusive for indie games. I agree it's unfair to throw unknown titles against all time big sellers.

Btw, I'm enjoying World of Goo so much on the PC. Much more than on the Wii since nothing beats the good old mouse input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom