• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Resident Evil 6 for $12 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm still not sure if want.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think I got RE 5 & 6 for like $4 each on GMG a while back. Dunno but it wasn't much. I'd wait.

I think I'm just antsy because the only thing I've bought so far is Rising.

It's 8 on GMG.
But if it's Steam Wallet money you have there's more than enough content to justify the price.

Forty bloody dollars on AU GMG. Just realised I have $3.10 in my Steam wallet, so I might as well grab it.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
A little OT, but i just got permission to sell cards on Steam, and this is the best, I've made like US$3 dollars, put all my crap on sale below average and got World of Goo for free basically...

Are there really idiots that buy this crap??? (sorry if you are one of those, but come on!!) Awesome, I play games and get free money doing so (Steam money, so basically free games)

Picked up Volgarr from the humble store and it's is pretty awesome. Took me like 2 hours to beat the first level, but it was extremely satisfying when I finally did. But the game doesn't save? While I can appreciate the old school nature of such a challenge, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to have the patience or persistance to beat a game like this in one sitting.

Nope, it must have happened yesterday. I remember getting an error with one of my votes, so maybe it didn't go through and I forgot to vote again. Although I'm pretty sure I checked if one of the games said I voted for it. Oh well, it's only a snowglobe card less, I think I'll live.

If it's like the summer sale, you can miss out on two votes and still get the maximum amount of cards. That's because there was no vote for the final 8 hours of the sale since it would have been pointless.

Zeliard

Picked up Volgarr from the humble store and it's is pretty awesome. Took me like 2 hours to beat the first level, but it was extremely satisfying when I finally did. But the game doesn't save? While I can appreciate the old school nature of such a challenge, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to have the patience or persistance to beat a game like this in one sitting.

It saves after you beat each level, giving you a sort of shortcut. Walk to the left when you start up a game to get to the start of the level you were last at.

There is actually a different ending for beating the entire thing in one sitting without skipping to the starting checkpoints.

It saves when you finish a level. When you restart? Go left, not right and you will pick up on level 2.

KAL2006

Banned
Is it wrong that I am buying games that I already got free with PSN+. I bought Hitman, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, simply because I will get better graphics on the PC.

Jawmuncher

Is it wrong that I am buying games that I already got free with PSN+. I bought Hitman, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, simply because I will get better graphics on the PC.

Not at all.
I was looking at a lot of my "backlog" and a good chunk of it is double dips for the surperior version even though I have them on console.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Snow looks interesting but I'm not supporting Early Access nonsense.

_hekk05

Banned
A little OT, but i just got permission to sell cards on Steam, and this is the best, I've made like US$3 dollars, put all my crap on sale below average and got World of Goo for free basically...

Are there really idiots that buy this crap??? (sorry if you are one of those, but come on!!) Awesome, I play games and get free money doing so (Steam money, so basically free games)

Heh. I buy the cards you sell for below average, milk booster packs and sell those at normal price. Its an investment. Plus badges.

Jawmuncher

Snow looks interesting but I'm not supporting Early Access nonsense.

I broke my no early access rule for Blade Symphony.
Had seen it before and I just caved. 3rd person sword fighting MP is just awesome.
Don't think i'll break the rule for anything else though unless it contains dinosaurs.

Also mod support and always having the games in your library if you want to go back to them without having to pay a subscription. I'd probably do the same if I was in your position.

Peachpies

boring late at night :(
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

world of goo -- MB-41CB9E20CAB3F930 - Taken by KurtAngle2. 5 entrants total.

t1388231584z1.png

Garcia

Cook, Serve, Delicious has gotten so many positive reviews on Steam it deserves another flash sale in order to get more exposure. I so wanna play it already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cook, Serve, Delicious has gotten so many positive reviews on Steam it deserves another flash sale in order to get more exposure. I so wanna play it already.

I played 1 level and loved it, but it reminded me that Im a terrible typer, which does not bode well for when I play typing of the dead :(

completly off topic, but I cant believe Im going to have to check a faq or a video or something on link between worlds, Im stumped and i feel stupid, the game has not been hard at all until now :(

Garcia

I played 1 level and loved it, but it reminded me that Im a terrible typer, which does not bode well for when I play typing of the dead :(

completly off topic, but I cant believe Im going to have to check a faq or a video or something on link between worlds, Im stumped and i feel stupid, the game has not been hard at all until now :(

Where did you get stuck?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where did you get stuck?

first room of the dark palace, I assume I need to break the window so the light shines on the eye, but Ive tried everything (well obviously not everything) and nothing works lol

its also the last painting I need

Garcia

first room of the dark palace, I assume I need to break the window so the light shines on the eye, but Ive tried everything (well obviously not everything) and nothing works lol

its also the last painting I need

Have you tried throwing bombs at the blocked windows? That should do the trick. :)

Rhaknar

Have you tried throwing bombs at the blocked windows? That should do the trick. :)

THROW a bomb. Son of a...I even planted bombs and then used the fucking wind thing to see if they would go up >_<

scotcheggz

I hope Long Live the Queen goes on a daily or flash or whatever at some point, I missed it in the last two sales and it looks really fun.

Oh, by the way can I get an invite to the GAF steam group please? Is that how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom