• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Slight interest in Nascar (where's that Indycar game?), but needs to be lower before I bite. Voted for Pool Nation even though I'm unlikely to buy it even if it wins.

Deques

I hope Long Live the Queen goes on a daily or flash or whatever at some point, I missed it in the last two sales and it looks really fun.

Oh, by the way can I get an invite to the GAF steam group please? Is that how it works?

It's half off in their official site. Just press buy button and you'll get half off in the cart

You convert the key into a steam key here

Enjoy guys! :)

Whomever gets the Batmans, you better play 'em! *shakes fist*

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C05689E09E52BE7B - Taken by tmespe. 8 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-0302026BC75415BA - Taken by EdmondD. 4 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-4FDE22798E0BFEB7 - Taken by ketditch
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-DE45B19A6618E86E - Taken by Blearth. 1 entrants total.

t1388243285z1.png

Well I just wasted a dollar, I saw GameStop had the last two Saints Row The Third DLC I needed for .49 each, so I bought them and I guess they don't just email you the codes, you have to download and install the GameStop app to get the codes. Yeah, no thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well I just wasted a dollar, I saw GameStop had the last two Saints Row The Third DLC I needed for .49 each, so I bought them and I guess they don't just email you the codes, you have to download and install the GameStop app to get the codes. Yeah, no thanks.

but Saints row 4 is steamworks, the code must be hidden somewhere

Arthea

Slight interest in Nascar (where's that Indycar game?), but needs to be lower before I bite. Voted for Pool Nation even though I'm unlikely to buy it even if it wins.

Voted for Pool Nation too, and I'll most likely end up buying it, if it wins
oh who I'm kidding, of course it won't win

Dec

I hate having programs forced onto you. LOTR:O makes you install pando media booster to download it. I could uninstall immediately after but I just refuse to install it at all. It maxes out bandwidth uploading in the background constantly, I didn't notice it one time and it uploaded 40GB in two days and I'm in Canada with a cap.

Deques

Some random guy added men and asks me to buy him World of Goo. He also says that he will buy me a 2 euro game later...

What to do?

Jawmuncher

That's some shady shit going down right there. I had no idea steam was a den of such debauchery.

I had some guy add me who was apparently in the NeoGaf group.
Though I think he snuck in since the first thing he did was ask if I had any extra cards and then wanted me to trade even when I said no. Promptly blocked him.

Lain

Oh man, I see Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord on sale for 0.99€... I shouldn't have bought it from Humblestore when t was on sale for 2.99$.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was this random guy called Oohcloud by any chance? I got a stealth invite from this person earlier, ended up not accepting because it smelled of begging

I was giving this key but it seems it was not taken. If it was, don't kill me

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Assylum -- MB-9EC446BA384F17B8

t1388245535z1.png

Li Kao

So guys, a little question that I fear will be flooded and forgotten in an instant during this time of the year (Gabenmas).
Yesterday there was a sale for Steam Marines and the game made me remember another one. Covered on RPS, still not released, sci-fi strategy in a spaceship. Top down view ala rogue-like. It was IMHO a little nicer looking and above all there was this work on UI, I remember some orders were displayed circularly around the soldiers.
Now, if anybody could help, this sure is the type of "oh god I've got the name on the tip of my tongue" thing.

Reposting since it was at the end of the page

I was giving this key but it seems it was not taken. If it was, don't kill me

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Batman Arkham Assylum -- MB-9EC446BA384F17B8

t1388245535z1.png

neoemonk

How bad is Assassin's Creed III? Is it really bad, or are people exaggerating?

Is there anyone that likes it? For $15 I can get the actual game (base game + season pass) but I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations yet so I can wait and see if it gets cheaper next year.

Danielsan

Bought Gone Home from the humble store. Saves me € 1 and some change. I think I'm done with the sale now, unless brothers goes on sale for a good price.

nai

Is there anyone that likes it? For $15 I can get the actual game (base game + season pass) but I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations yet so I can wait and see if it gets cheaper next year.

It's not a bad game, just very mediocre.

Arthea

So guys, a little question that I fear will be flooded and forgotten in an instant during this time of the year (Gabenmas).
Yesterday there was a sale for Steam Marines and the game made me remember another one. Covered on RPS, still not released, sci-fi strategy in a spaceship. Top down view ala rogue-like. It was IMHO a little nicer looking and above all there was this work on UI, I remember some orders were displayed circularly around the soldiers.
Now, if anybody could help, this sure is the type of "oh god I've got the name on the tip of my tongue" thing.

I would think you are talking about C-Wars, but it doesn't take place in a spaceship

It has extremely long and boring start, I don't think many people are willing to struggle through it. I for one don't want to get back to it, even if I know it gets a little better later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom