• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, a little question that I fear will be flooded and forgotten in an instant during this time of the year (Gabenmas).
Yesterday there was a sale for Steam Marines and the game made me remember another one. Covered on RPS, still not released, sci-fi strategy in a spaceship. Top down view ala rogue-like. It was IMHO a little nicer looking and above all there was this work on UI, I remember some orders were displayed circularly around the soldiers.
Now, if anybody could help, this sure is the type of "oh god I've got the name on the tip of my tongue" thing.
I believe you're talking about Halfway
http://robotality.com/blog/announcing-halfway/

halfway_010a01.png

jediyoshi

I have only played 1, 2 and 3 myself. And I would say 2 is the best, then 3 and lastly 1.

Hell, I think if you went into 1 now with the mindset that it was the first game in the series, it holds up better than 3. AC was so innocent and wide eyed back then

nai

Hell, I think if you went into 1 now with the mindset that it was the first game in the series, it holds up better than 3. AC was so innocent and wide eyed back then
I'm sure it does. It's just that the first game was a very forgettable experience for me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
How bad is Assassin's Creed III? Is it really bad, or are people exaggerating?

The pacing is horrible. After 6 hours you're still in tutorial mode. You're on a very tight leash the first half of the game, then it opens up... with just way too much side stuff to do. The game goes from 0 to 11 instead of a gradual progression. Most of the optional missions I didn't even bother to check out, like crafting, the homestead, naval missions, etc. There's no reason or incentive ingame do so either. There's just so much bloat it becomes overwhelming.

You will find more impressions here

It's not worth your time and money

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I won some games from giveaways here, and now I'm returning the favor!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-7C3FFA5B1E1AF535 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-D1B56FA780FD1CE5 - Taken by Benedict. 19 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars -- MB-50708FFD6C84961D - Taken by The Red Wizard. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 1 -- MB-D61D5AFDA81EA8F9 - Taken by grimmiq. 46 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-28D7339215E66A1F - Taken by Faabulous. 10 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 2 -- MB-F49104B19C791676 - Taken by I H8 Memes. 46 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-1202447B73A676EB - Taken by Melhisedek. 5 entrants total.
Honeydew Skin of Sklldir -- MB-971D4C01A2A525E7 - Taken by Lonewolf_92. 2 entrants total.
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed -- MB-07FDB3CFD9F24319 - Taken by Tempy. 24 entrants total.
Napoleon: Total War -- MB-E79A6FFC29D1FBB5 - Taken by Haunted. 10 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-33380AA7F75D061A - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 3 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-3F5E83EB82C8AD3B - Taken by Delibes. 9 entrants total.

t1388246525z1.png

Those mystery gifts are some hot shit, and since it's multientry you can enter for multiple games, so go ahead and enter to win them too!

Li Kao

I would think you are talking about C-Wars, but it doesn't take place in a spaceship.

I believe you're talking about Halfway

Thanks a lot to both of you, I feared that a "what is the name of this game" would drown here, and I was tired of browsing RPS by way of tags or search terms like "space" or "marines" :-S
It is indeed Halfway ! And evidently, as curiosity goes, I will look into C-Wars too ^_^
Thanks again.

Jawmuncher

I won some games from giveaways here, and now I'm returning the favor!

Those mystery gifts are some hot shit, and since it's multientry you can enter for multiple games, so go ahead and enter to win them too!

I went for both mystery gifts.
I hope it's bad rats. I want the game since it just seems like a right of passage to have it on you steam account. But you can't actually buy it yourself or it negates it.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Another giveaway for trivial game items.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

War of the Vikings Yogscast Helmet -- MB-AB10BED57BAAE085 - Taken by Darth Kupi
TF2 Heart of Gold -- MB-809649A11CDDD7A1 - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.

t1388237165z1.png

I went for both mystery gifts.
I hope it's bad rats. I want the game since it just seems like a right of passage to have it on you steam account. But you can't actually buy it yourself or it negates it.

8863904237_bc9c4576c0_z.jpg

Thanks a lot to both of you, I feared that a "what is the name of this game" would drown here, and I was tired of browsing RPS by way of tags or search terms like "space" or "marines" :-S
It is indeed Halfway ! And evidently, as curiosity goes, I will look into C-Wars too ^_^
Thanks again.
No problem. You asked at a good time. Thread is kind of slow now. Wait till 12:30 when the Voting ends and the next batch of Sales draws near.

Dec

What is Honeydew Skin of Sklldir?!
I really really wanna know now (><)

Skin to look like Simon from the Yogscast viking whatever persona thing. For Skolldir in Awesomenauts. He voices the character as well (default, even without skin).

Dec

So at this point what are the chances of Valdis Story going on sale? I'll keep waiting until the last day but I'm losing hope.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
A character DLC for Awesomenauts.

Skin to look like Simon from the Yogscast viking whatever persona thing. For Skolldir in Awesomenauts. He voices the character as well (default, even without skin).

Well, if I had known that I would have put it in the trivial giveaway. Guess I didn't look into it hard enough.

EDIT: One of my mystery gifts is a popular shooter that hit number one in the charts. The other game is not that.

How is Giana Sisters?

The music is catchy and I like the character switch mechanic that renders the world in different styles/reveals different things. It's pretty, and I've had fun with it. Just don't go in expecting anything amazing. It's a pretty solid game and you'll likely want to play it a level or two at a time, since it can get a little repetitive.

mmitt

had an old webcam around, decided to try if it'd work with free-track (cheap headtracking solution).
ripped out the IR filter, slapped 3 IR LEDs on a cap and... wow.
ETS2 is now even more fun than it was before :)

again hoping that Assetto Corsa is getting a discount, I really want to try that one out with headtracking too, it's really neat

Well, if I had known that I would have put it in the trivial giveaway. Guess I didn't look into it hard enough.

EDIT: One of my mystery gifts is a popular shooter that hit number one in the charts. The other game is not that.

Don't listen to him! It's Kane and Lynch 2! He's been trying to ditch that game for years! I know him in real life and he tried to ditch it on me.

graywolf323

is Steam cloud not syncing saves for anyone else? I'm about to go out of town for the weekend so installed a few games on my macbook that are steam play and steam cloud compatible yet my saves from PC don't show up :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom