• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Dust is great. Beautifull Metroidvania (we really need to find another term for the genre) with an absolutely awesome combat system. Animations are incredible. Great atmosphere as well. Story is a whole lot darker then expected, though.

2298966-iFo40eUBgnzui.gif

dustearlycombo7mbgoj4i.gif

ibcDYtxSw3YZcf.gif

Buy it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm mad that I just bought Brothers, Gunpoint, and Elysium....and Brothers is on PS+ next month for free. -__-

EDIT: The transaction didn't go through! $4 saved! Woohoo!

Alex

Seems like previous sale items... with the price cranked up 5 bucks

Although I got fun use out of it last year when Hotline Miami had it's price error and you could get it for free with the coupon.

Please, everybody vote for King of Fighters XIII.

I think you're the first person to ask without trying to belittle everyone while doing so. Points for you.

Dang, Brothers flew up to no.2 on the charts, good for it.

Levyne

Banned
Nothing for me today since Brothers willbe PS+

I still want to try Rage but I'll wait til I know I actually have time to play it.

causan

Ok, first time I've ever done this: I'm blindly getting Brothers. I've no idea what the game is about but seems like I won't be disappointed.

Adding more funds to my wallet.

I would defiantly recommend playing it with a dual stick controller.

Asgaro

So far I've been able to hold the leash on my money.

About a year ago I had the following guideline:
- don't buy games over 15 euro
Then it turned to the following because there were too many games dropping under 15 euro so fast:
- don't buy games over 10 euro
Now that has also been pretty easy to fulfill so now I following this one:
- only buy games when they are under 10 euro AND they are -70 or -75%. Preferably try also to go under 5 euro but that's optional.

So far only bought these:

purchases.PNG

I have yet around 70 games in my wishlist though... http://steamcommunity.com/id/Asgaro/wishlist
But only 50 are in the "buying zone": around 20 are Early Access and I don't see the need to buy those yet. By the time a game is actually finished you are probably already bored with it.

I'm around 80% completion of my backlog. Around 15 games to complete.
I hope I will have them finished before the Steam Summer Sale starts.
Imaginary champagne will be popped. :)

rezn0r

if i didn't already have basically everything today I'd say it's actually a pretty decent day. i second everyone saying Dust is awesome.

I'm kind of interested in SNOW, I used to love Cool Boarders 1 & 2, loved a few of the SSXs, and I've only every skied/snowboarded like twice in my life, but I love the videogame versions

elhav

Ok, first time I've ever done this: I'm blindly getting Brothers. I've no idea what the game is about but seems like I won't be disappointed.

Adding more funds to my wallet.
The game is very narrative focused.

Expect a lot of feels.

Oh and use a controller, it's a must.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I bought Dust and a Torchlight 2. Wise decisions or impulse buys? Time will tell, I suppose.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Now who is gifting poor Nito Snow, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Rage?
iFR47TG5xQJBq.png

(I'm a charity case til May SMH)

rezn0r

Nothing for me today since Brothers willbe PS+

I still want to try Rage but I'll wait til I know I actually have time to play it.

Rage seemed kind of short to me (don't mean that as a negative) and I loved it contrary to what feels like everyone else in the world thought. Then again I had it running pretty great almost right away when a lot of people had LOTS of problems performance-wise.

Grief.exe

Guys lets get this started! This twitter account is official and responds to users.

@SEGA Release [Insert games you want here] on PC! #SegaPCPorts

DWwcVtu.png

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/416998167909900289

So I was reading the 'Best Games of the Generation That No One Played' thread and saw a couple of awesome JRPGs from Sega.

These came out before they started their big push for the platform, but I would love to see both Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate on PC.

What can we do to get these two releases on PC? Who do we have to bother at Sega for all of these and Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc?

Valkyria Chronicles

Valkyria_cover.jpg

Garcia

Dust is great. Beautifull Metroidvania (we really need to find another term for the genre) with an absolutely awesome combat system. Animations are incredible. Great atmosphere as well. Story is a whole lot darker then expected, though.

Buy it.

I'm sold. I watched the trailer, saw your GIFs and read GAFs positive input on the game.

Getting it together with Brothers.

deroli

Yes, Brothers! Very curious to see how the game plays. I've got about 10€ left on my account. Now every purchase has to be well-considered heh. Shelter looks interesting, too, but the video I've watched... to see your little baby badger taken away by a bird of prey - no I couldn't deal with such a loss.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mass Effect 2 was on sale yesterday? That's been on the top of my wishlist for a long time, and I've been waiting for it to drop lower then $10.

Don't worry, it was $10. ($9.99 actually)

If you don't care about STEAMZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz you can probably get the Trilogy for $15 total (So like... $5 each) on Origin sometime.

kinda bummed final exam online has no players. its a fun game, good mechanics, speedrun and scoring potential, but playing alone is kinda lame.

Dec

I think these are probably the only games left that I'll buy:

Valdis Story
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate 2 pack

Both are unlikely to go on sale any deeper I think :(

I will probably buy Cook, Serve, Delicious if it goes on sale again.

Not sure why everyone is so hyped about King of Fighters; I live and breathe fighting games but it and Mortal Kombat are literally the only titles I have no interest in. Played about four hours of KOFXIII at a friends a few weeks ago, and couldn't get into it at all.

Alex

I bought Dust and a Torchlight 2. Wise decisions or impulse buys? Time will tell, I suppose.

Dust looks nice, I'm still mulling over whether to get it or not but I think I'm mostly done for now. Might get Game Dev Tycoon when it hits it's sale day, though (12th day I think?)

Torchlight II is ick, in my opinion. It was fun to watch how fast it went from this supposed savior to completely being forgotten once people actually tried it.

Path of Exile until Reaper of Souls is the way to go, I feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom