• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to get the full "Exclusive Edition" DLC for Gunpoint, I have to buy both 'Special Edition Extras', and 'Exclusive Edition Extras', right? I just want to make sure I'm parsing this correctly.

Seeing two fighters in the community vote makes me hope they make them another flash vote later on. Skullgirls and KOF XIII need some more love. Eight hours just isn't enough.

elhav

Now who is gifting poor Nito Snow, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Rage?
iFR47TG5xQJBq.png

(I'm a charity case til May SMH)
Just for that picture I want to get you Brothers

MiKeD

Banned
Ok, first time I've ever done this: I'm blindly getting Brothers. I've no idea what the game is about but seems like I won't be disappointed.

Adding more funds to my wallet.

That was me that added you btw. I see managed you to get that 2nd achievement in Hex. Can't get past 44 secs myself ffs.

mannerbot

So to get the full "Exclusive Edition" DLC for Gunpoint, I have to buy both 'Special Edition Extras', and 'Exclusive Edition Extras', right? I just want to make sure I'm parsing this correctly.

I think the Exclusive Edition has everything the Special Edition has.
edit: oh, but the DLC is as you say. So yes, if you have the base game then you need to buy both DLC to have everything.

Omega

Banned
Don't worry, it was $10. ($9.99 actually)

If you don't care about STEAMZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz you can probably get the Trilogy for $15 total (So like... $5 each) on Origin sometime.

i got on Origin to see if they were having any sales because of this (every other place is having it but I haven't heard anything about EA) and I get two pop ups. one is letting me know I should join their Dawngate beta, but no thanks, there's already 35 other MOBAs that are either already better, or going to be.

the other is "We like being liked. Give us a thumbs up and we'll make it up to you with events, giveaways and photos of cats!"

so sad EA. you can't beg to be liked, you actually have to do it. And the rest of the world isn't reddit, no one gives a shit about cat pics

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
kof is boring,i voted for injustice.

You think KOF is boring so you decide the vote for the even slower and more boring game that is Injustice? LOL wut?!

Injustice is the more polished game, nothing casual about it.

ROFL now Injustice more polished? You crack me bro.

Guys lets get this started! This twitter account is official and responds to users.

@SEGA Release [Insert games you want here] on PC! #SegaPCPorts

DWwcVtu.png

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/416998167909900289

You pushing it with VK(that is never coming to PC without emulation or at least for 5-10 years), but ROF and Vanquish I can see happening.

inm8num2

I wonder if Amazon will match Brothers? I'm going to send a price match notification via the Amazon page.

edit - nm, "currently unavailable" at Amazon.

dorkimoe

i picked the wrong time to ask my question since it was when the new sales went up

Any other good survival games out there? besides dont starve and how to survive

Garcia

That was me that added you btw. I see managed you to get that 2nd achievement in Hex. Can't get past 44 secs myself ffs.

Excellent, just added you back. And just be patient with Hex, you'll get good at it if you play it in small doses each day :). I also suggest you play it windowed in order to get much better scores in less time.

Deft Beck

Received Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut on Steam as an Xmas gift.

I don't normally play shooters or stealth games. Should I play on the easiest difficulty?

Alex

Sega is the least reliable company on the planet, getting niche titles from 2008-2009 to the PC is about as likely as being visited by the tooth fairy... and having the tooth fairy single handledly code PC versions of games for you.

It'd be great, but reality sucks, I'd be happy if we could even just get Yakuza 5 localized for the PS3, even if it was just digital.

If we're on the subject of wanting totally random ports, speaking of Namco, they seem reliable with localizations lately and got some success with Dark Souls. Clearly they should give us Tales games and Ni No Kuni on PC. With Ni No Kuni someone could mod it to remove the dumb shit bogging down the combat system and make it as great as it should be.

Grief.exe

LOL apparently I'm the only one who doesn't give a shit about "Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, and Vanquish" but just asked for Skies of Arcadia and both Shenmues. :D

Oh shit!! I forgot about all the huge Sega backlog!

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

Shenmue 1/2
JSRF
Skies of Arcadia
Otogi 1/2
Panzer Dragoon Orta

I bring up these games all the time! I will tweet again of course.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If you're thinking about buying Deadpool: don't. Take that $10 and put it towards getting a Deadpool book instead. Maybe volume 1 of the new Deadpool from Posehn. It's good.

I'm done for this sale.

My haul:

Gone Home
Brothers
The Stanley Parable
Hotline Miami
The Binding of Isaac
Spelunky
Alice Madness Returns
The Wolf Among US
Gary's Mod
Sleeping Dog's Collection