• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Guys lets get this started! This twitter account is official and responds to users.

@SEGA Release [Insert games you want here] on PC! #SegaPCPorts

DWwcVtu.png

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/416998167909900289

Done and DONE.

Vanquish on PC would be amazing. One of my favorite games.

Okay, seriously resisting the temptation to get State of Decay now Will there be an encore sale for Dailies? I'm hoping for a Flash, but waiting is getting hard

GC|Simon

Glad to see that Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is on sale for the next ~47 hours. Get this one. Great game. I absolutely loved it. It's one of my GOTY contenders.

Dario ff

Banned
Guys lets get this started! This twitter account is official and responds to users.

DWwcVtu.png

Needs more Sonic '06.
I'm kidding.
I'm totally behind the last two in particular depending if Platinum has gotten their PC development up to snuff with Rising. If Konami gets good results with Rising on PC, I can see Sega being more interested in letting PG port their stuff.

The first two sound to me like they would just be outsourced, and I don't think they have enough sales data reference for stuff like that.

wildfire

Banned
So I've ignored Brothers up until yesterday when GT showed off how novel it is. But it was clearly made with dual analog sticks in mind. Is it a frustrating experience using mouse and keyboard?

Received Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut on Steam as an Xmas gift.

I don't normally play shooters or stealth games. Should I play on the easiest difficulty?

It's not that difficult. Start on normal, and lower the difficulty when you feel that you're stuck. It's worth playing through for the music alone, and the story is really good also.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So I've ignored Brothers up until yesterday when GT showed off how novel it is. But it was clearly made with dual analog sticks in mind. Is it a frustrating experience using mouse and keyboard?
You can't play with M+K.
Literally.

Omega

Banned
"Why do people play FIFA, just go outside and play real football."

i love people that try to make comparisons to this.

You know what the difference between playing pool and getting a soccer game together are?

1. You need a field, two goals (or some stuff to make ghetto goals), a ball and 21 other people. This is the minimum.

2. To play pool, you need a table, a pool stick, balls and at least one other person. Guess what? All of that is already provided to you at the pool hall or bar. Unless you're there and the place is empty, there's always someone up to play pool.

not to mention not only do people play sports games because it's more difficult to do a pick up game, they also play them to use their favorite players like Messi, Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.

who the fuck plays pool to use their favorite player?

Grief.exe

Apparently not, similar controls.

WASD for one brother, arrows for the other.

mannerbot

I know there are M+KB controls but you really should play this with a controller.

Copons

Sega is the least reliable company on the planet, getting niche titles from 2008-2009 to the PC is about as likely as being visited by the tooth fairy... and having the tooth fairy single handledly code PC versions of games for you.

It'd be great, but reality sucks, I'd be happy if we could even just get Yakuza 5 localized for the PS3, even if it was just digital.

I wouldn't be that negative.
Sega is moving really well on PC, even more if compared with other Japanese publishers, porting like the entire MD/Genesis library on Steam and some extremely good/niche games from the near past (thinking about Saturn or DC games and most noticeably Typing of the Dead Overkill).

#believe

Oh shit!! I forgot about all the huge Sega backlog!

Eh, you should think twice when asking Santa!

Dec

Thought my pc just blue screened. Then realized teleglitch finished it's prerequisites and for some reason it just launches to a solid blue screen with white text...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I know there are M+KB controls but you really should play this with a controller.
Really, are there? I thought the game was 360pad-only and there was a fuss about it when released.
Might be that i'm getting my information mixed up. If so,I apologise. :/

Alex

Sega is moving really well on PC, even more if compared with other Japanese publishers, porting like the entire MD/Genesis library on Steam and some extremely good/niche games from the near past (thinking about Saturn or DC games and most noticeably Typing of the Dead Overkill).

#believe

Zombie stuff and genesis roms, sure, but wishing for their more niche modern kit is just asking to be sad. Can't even get stuff like Yakuza 5 localized, let alone ported.

Wensih

Still waiting for a SteamWorld Dig, and MirrorMoon EP daily/flash. Also I want to see if Risk of Rain will go any lower than the one flash sale it had.

Eusis

Oh shit!! I forgot about all the huge Sega backlog!

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

Shenmue 1/2
JSRF
Skies of Arcadia
Otogi 1/2
Panzer Dragoon Orta

I bring up these games all the time! I will tweet again of course.

To be honest they'd probably have an easier time of porting the more modern games anyway, they might actually have all the resources on hand still and it seems the path from 360 to PC is fairly smooth. Once you get older it starts to get a bit more complicated, as much as I'd like to see those on PC.

Grief.exe

#believe

In the last year or so, Sega has acquired companies, IPs, and is moving to become a PC powerhouse. They see the potential and are porting their releases to the platform.

I'm excited to see the partnership move forward into the future, even though there are some significant grievances with both COH2 and Rome 2.

Eh, you should think twice when asking Santa!

Would not have fit in the Tweet anyways.

MiKeD

Banned
Excellent, just added you back. And just be patient with Hex, you'll get good at it if you play it in small doses each day :). I also suggest you play it windowed in order to get much better scores in less time.

Haven't tried playing it windowed yet. Gonna give it a go in a lil' bit see how I fare.

Colin.

I hope Sega will take note of the demand. The Valkyria Chronicles trilogy would be a nice addition to Steam. Future Persona entries would also be nice.

mannerbot

Really, are there? I thought the game was 360-only and there was a fuss about it when released.
Might be that i'm getting my information mixed up. If so,I apologise. :/

It's understandable since the store page says a controller is required. And yeah, even though you CAN play it without a controller... you really shouldn't.

Arthea

when you start a game it insists a game was made for controllers, so I haven't tried, but it really is made for a controller.

wildfire

Banned
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

DWwcVtu.png

Good idea. I made my tweet but left out Resonance. It just doesn't grab my interest as much as the others.

I just realized "Shelter" now has a flash sale even though it was put up for a vote yesterday. So what is the point of the voting process for the developers? I see the point for us but not them.

denx

Sorry for the OT. I've never used paypal, and I want to know if GOG requires having a credit card tied to your Paypal account to do Paypal purchases there. The people who buy games on GOG for me are not available so I'm thinking of creating a Paypal account and buying from GOG myself.

Shelter for $2.50. I'm gonna get it just because of its premise. I like to encourage that kind of thinking in the industry.

To be honest they'd probably have an easier time of porting the more modern games anyway, they might actually have all the resources on hand still and it seems the path from 360 to PC is fairly smooth. Once you get older it starts to get a bit more complicated, as much as I'd like to see those on PC.

The original Xbox was basically a PC. They should be easy to port, no?

Echoplx

I played through it with a keyboard, had to rebind the controls to make them more comfortable for me but it was definitely playable.

Turfster

Humblestore Daily
  • The Novelist 9.99$
  • Tetrobot and co 2.99$
  • King Arthur's gold 6.99$
  • Retro City Rampage 2.99$
  • Machinarium 2.49$
  • Particulars 4.99$
  • The Bridge 2.49$
  • Legend of Dungeon 1.49$
  • Overgrowth 24.99$

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
LOL apparently I'm the only one who doesn't give a shit about "Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, and Vanquish" but just asked for Skies of Arcadia and both Shenmues. :D

If it changes your mind, the Skies of Arcadia main cast appears in Valkyria Chronicles.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Good idea. I made my tweet but left out Resonance. It just doesn't grab my interest as much as the others.

I just realized "Shelter" now has a flash sale even though it was put up for a vote yesterday. So what is the point of the voting process for the developers? I see the point for us but not them.

For one, you can look at something like Cook, Serve, Delicious. It seems to have sold very well but it's also gotten a ton of word of mouth, if it goes up again it could have another big surge because it was on sale once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom