• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Received Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut on Steam as an Xmas gift.

I don't normally play shooters or stealth games. Should I play on the easiest difficulty?

Easy is far too easy. Normal, is actually fairly laid back. Once you've finished the game and left it for enough time that you want to experience it again, definitely go for the Give Me Deus Ex setting, in my opinion the way it should be played - without the added assists and indicators as well as with health and damage that genuinely force you to be careful and cautious about your decisions

Copons

I'm sorry this is completely out of the blue, but anyone knows a good and updated guide to install graphics mods on Deus Ex (the first one)?

I've tried with the well known one found on Reddit (3 years old), but apparently most of the stuff in there was updated and changed significantly, so when I tried to install everything I might have screwed something as the game wouldn't launch anymore...

Arthea

You can play Brothers with a keyboard, no mouse though, and it isn't convenient or comfortable, but still, you can.

enhanced steam says you need a controller

which is the only reason why i never bought the game. i don't own a controller

You can, I just checked in game and played some with keyboard, not that I suggest doing so, but it is possible.

Hakkuei

Received Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut on Steam as an Xmas gift.

I don't normally play shooters or stealth games. Should I play on the easiest difficulty?

The game isn't that hard on max difficulty so easy might be.. too easy. Start on medium, you can change difficulty whenever you want anyway.

Grief.exe

PC Gamers

ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741754

0aHwqQL.png

Parsnip

Sega give Persona 5 for PC. *fliptable desu desu*

Sega feels like such a weird company on PC space right now, I kind of wouldn't be totally surprised at anything anymore. If you had told me 5 years ago that in 5 years time there will be a Sonic racing game on PC that has characters such as football manager and general winter racing in it, I wouldn't have believed you.

Maybe that's just me.

Lain

I've been interested in Deadpool since before it released because of those funny trailers that they released.
I know the game is supposed to be mediocre but hey, I used to love X-MEN when I was younger, so I went to google, inputted deadpool gameplay youtube and picked one gameplay let's play link, which turned out to be for one of GAF's most loved youtubers, PewDiePie and after about 2 minutes I was on the amazon page buying the game.

Such a bad string of events and choices.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Quick-question; can the Saints Row IV Story DLC like the Saints Save Christmas be played outside of the maingame? With an empty save-slot?

Dec

You can play Brothers with a keyboard, no mouse though, and it isn't convenient or comfortable, but still, you can.

Why not?

I haven't played the game but from what I understand it's very easy gameplay, so WASD for one brother and arrow keys for another should be fine?

I just want to tell everyone to stay the fuck away from SNOW. It's a crysis 2/3? mod that's never going to reach a releasable state imo. I know it's an alpha but it's sad even for an alpha. Also the items you gain over F2P players don't exist yet, the menu system is broken and most of the options are missing, the tutorial level doesn't teach you anything, the controls can't be remapped basically nothing works besides loading a mountain and skiing down it with terrible animations. It also has no sound I could discern, like literally no sound at all.

DrAg0nBoY

Bought AC1, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations even though I got all of them for my PS3. I am even considering buying AC3, even though I don't like the game.

(An I am getting AC4 on Tuesday for PS3)

Man I am weak :(.

Don't worry, it was $10. ($9.99 actually)

If you don't care about STEAMZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz you can probably get the Trilogy for $15 total (So like... $5 each) on Origin sometime.

I saw the Mass Effect Trilogy on Amazon for $10 yesterday. I would've got it but I already have Mass Effect 3, and I'm not very interested in Mass Effect 1.

It is going to be weird going from Mass Effect 3 to 2. Hopefully playing 3 doesn't spoil anything too much.

Saty

Man, that Novelist deal. 50% off when the game was only released earlier in the month. I think this is a case of a way too soon and too deep price slash that makes day1 buyers upset.

Arthea

Why not?

I haven't played the game but from what I understand it's very easy gameplay, so WASD for one brother and arrow keys for another should be fine?

It's really easier to use two sticks separately simultaneously than keys. I'm not saying not, I'm saying it's less convenient and comfortable.

Slyjss

It's a shame how SEGA fucked up Valkyria Chronicles. The first one was a great game, but got little attention even from the own SEGA. Then they released the sequel on a portable platform, which meant reducing the scale of the battlegrounds, and they didn't even care releasing the third one in the West. Next step: card game with female characters in bikini (japan-only, of course)

They completely forgot about it, not even a mention in Sonic All-Stars Transformed, the first one was impossible to find in a store 6 months later and has no digital version. I would be very surprised if they released a port.

That Dust game looks pretty cool. Reminds me of Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Is it somewhat like that game? I loved Muramasa. Also, I see it has full controller support — is it still good with keyboard & mouse or is it meant for a controller?

Chaos

Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dust -- MB-AE947ABDDB5CDD52 - Taken by yo_soy_el_topo. 78 entrants total.

t1388267990z1.png

I think I've just about wrapped up my spending so far, outside of The Swapper and The Stanley Parable. Maybe Gunpoint too.

Has The Stanley Parable been a daily deal or flash sale yet? I thought I remembered it being a community vote but I can't recall if it won or not.

Damage done so far:
Arkham Origins (from GMG); ~$20
Company of Heroes 2 (from GMG): ~$10
Hotline Miami: ~$2.00
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger: ~$5.00
Metro Last Light: $13.59
Most of the Crusader Kings 2 expansions and DLC: $19.92
Kerbal Space Program: $16.19

Total: ~$86 or so

elhav

That Dust game looks pretty cool. Reminds me of Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Is it somewhat like that game? I loved Muramasa. Also, I see it has full controller support — is it still good with keyboard & mouse or is it meant for a controller?
According to Total biscuit, the game is played very well with M&K. I am wondering if I should get it myself. If you loved Muramasa you will probably love it. I didn't enjoy Muramasa that much, so I'm not sure if I should get it or not. For you it's a no brainer, especially for that price.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well Brothers sure is pretty. I like all the little interactions you can do with shit (as pointless as they seem to be)

I'm still at the begining of the first chapter of The Wolf Among Us (
right after Prince Lawrence is found dead
) and I've fallen in love with it. I gotta say I don't like TWD much, maybe because of the story itself, but man, TWAU seems so alive, the characters are really chaismatic, and the story is so intriguing... it's one of my favourite games of this year.

btw, any word about the second chapter?

Alex

It's a shame how SEGA fucked up Valkyria Chronicles. The first one was a great game, but got little attention even from the own SEGA. Then they released the sequel on a portable platform, which meant reducing the scale of the battlegrounds, and they didn't even care releasing the third one in the West. Next step: card game with female characters in bikini (japan-only, of course)

They completely forgot about it, not even a mention in Sonic All-Stars Transformed, the first one was impossible to find in a store 6 months later and has no digital version. I would be very surprised if they released a port.

The first one cleared a pretty darn good amount of copies sold, didn't it? A lot were at reduced price, but sales are sales and it had some traction as one of those earlier, quality PS3 titles I always figured they'd be wise to dump the whole trilogy on PS3 in a collection but Sega is Sega.

Sonic Racing is a bit goofy with it's franchise use, there's no Phantasy Star either.

I'm still at the begining of the first chapter of The Wolf Among Us (
right after Prince Lawrence is found dead
) and I've fallen in love with it. I gotta say I don't like TWD much, maybe because of the story itself, but man, TWAU seems so alive, the characters are really chaismatic, and the story is so intriguing... it's one of my favourite games of this year.

btw, any word about the second chapter?

I think TellTale mentioned a little while ago it should be coming shortly after the New Year, so some time in January I guess.

I really loved it too. Its just got so much style. Got me to read the comics too, which are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom