• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Total biscuit, the game is played very well with M&K. I am wondering if I should get it myself. If you loved Muramasa you will probably love it. I didn't enjoy Muramasa that much, so I'm not sure if I should get it or not. For you it's a not brainer, especially for that price.

Ok, thanks for the input!

Was excited until I realized I am a Junior... Awesome giveaway dude!
Lol, I thought that restriction was a little mean myself. I've seen juniors do giveaways in here.

DrAg0nBoY

I think I've just about wrapped up my spending so far, outside of The Swapper and The Stanley Parable. Maybe Gunpoint too.

Has The Stanley Parable been a daily deal or flash sale yet? I thought I remembered it being a community vote but I can't recall if it won or not.

Damage done so far:
Arkham Origins (from GMG); ~$20
Company of Heroes 2 (from GMG): ~$10
Hotline Miami: ~$2.00
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger: ~$5.00
Metro Last Light: $13.59
Most of the Crusader Kings 2 expansions and DLC: $19.92
Kerbal Space Program: $16.19

Total: ~$86 or so

I think it was on the 1st or 2nd day.

Tenrius

Think I'll finally pick up Dust. All in all this sale has really been quite mediocre — at this point, most of the games I want are relatively obscure and don't have a chance to show up as dailies. Stuff like World in Conflict, Call of Cthulhu or the older Lego games.

legacyzero

Banned
Just went through and re-organized my entire library.

iyd5Y8NXO15Ba.png

It's amazing to discover games that you didn't realize you even owned LOL

Zafir

I just want to tell everyone to stay the fuck away from SNOW. It's a crysis 2/3? mod that's never going to reach a releasable state imo. I know it's an alpha but it's sad even for an alpha. Also the items you gain over F2P players don't exist yet, the menu system is broken and most of the options are missing, the tutorial level doesn't teach you anything, the controls can't be remapped basically nothing works besides loading a mountain and skiing down it with terrible animations. It also has no sound I could discern, like literally no sound at all.
Thanks, won't bother then.

Bought Brothers and Dust anyway. Also managed to grab that Gone Home on HB before the deals swapped. Just a shame steam downloads seem to be a bit slow. Only getting 1MB/s speeds.

denx

yo guys please answer my question.

Sorry for the OT. I've never used paypal, and I want to know if GOG requires having a credit card tied to your Paypal account to do Paypal purchases there. The people who buy games on GOG for me are not available so I'm thinking of creating a Paypal account and buying from GOG myself.

That Wing Commander bundle is looking at me saying BUY ME. ;_;

Cth

RE: Dust

I know it's been mentioned before, so apologies in advance..

But the furry factor. Animations look great, I like darker storylines, action looks fun..

I just loathe anthromorphic characters and I think it might make it harder to get into the story.

Also, does anyone know how long the story is?

Might pick it up for my wife who doesn't mind that style of animation.. I just hate that whole genre/style of anime.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i love people that try to make comparisons to this.

You know what the difference between playing pool and getting a soccer game together are?

1. You need a field, two goals (or some stuff to make ghetto goals), a ball and 21 other people. This is the minimum.

2. To play pool, you need a table, a pool stick, balls and at least one other person. Guess what? All of that is already provided to you at the pool hall or bar. Unless you're there and the place is empty, there's always someone up to play pool.

not to mention not only do people play sports games because it's more difficult to do a pick up game, they also play them to use their favorite players like Messi, Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.

who the fuck plays pool to use their favorite player?

You seem to operate under the strange assumption that a video game is only worth playing if the real-world activity it simulates is unavailable.

kulapik

So just has had an argument with my mother because she found a €25 Paysafecard receipt. I told her some of that money was to give some things to my friends but she said that I had a crooked concept, that friends are only those that are always with you and all that shit. She also said that I already had too many games, why would I want more. How do I explain it to her? -.-

Tenrius

Just went through and re-organized my entire library.

iyd5Y8NXO15Ba.png

It's amazing to discover games that you didn't realize you even owned LOL

I kinda prefer organizing them by genre myself. Makes more sense, since the games are sorted in alphabetic order inside each category anyway and each category has a somewhat manageable amount of games in it if you do sort it by genre.

Glad to pick up Brothers today, was disappointed when it lost the Community Choice. Snow looks really interesting to me, any opinions on it? And I'm still hoping for Brave New World to go cheaper yet...

So just has had an argument with my mother because she found a €25 Paysafecard receipt. I told her some of that money was to give some things to my friends but she said that I had a crooked concept, that friends are only those that are always with you and all that shit. She also said that I already had too many games, why would I want more. How do I explain it to her? -.-

Why you would want more games? Say that you only have one game, it's called Steam, and that all those purchases are microtransactions for that game.

Garcia

I just decided I'm going to wait until the very last day to see if PacMan DX get an extra discount. The fact that they won't drop it below -33% even on flash sales doesn't give me high hopes though, but I'll wait to see if something actually happens.

GuessWho

Just got Brothers and yeah really good looking game. I know nothing about it, but GAF yet again sold me on it. I swear all it takes is BUY BROTHERS NOW, and done.
Out of curiosity, how long is the game?

Oh and Dust sure looks good, but is it? Is it a short game?

Kadin

Thinking about getting Retro City Rampage. Is this a "pick it up and play for 15mins" type of game or is there actual progression that you make?

I see it's on the Humble Store for $2.99.

Gunpoint is very very tempting.

Get it. Don't think twice. It's not the longest game, but it's very, *very* clever and really brought something new to the table. There's also a huge amount of flexibility in how you solve the puzzles; it's not a "find the one and only solution" sort of thing. The fantastic save system (you can always instantly jump back to a bunch of different save points) means there is zero frustration and when things go wrong you can get going again immediately at pretty much the exact spot you want.

Also, when you get stumped on something for a while, and eventually solve it, and your plan comes together perfectly, you feel like a freaking genius

belushy

Banned
Oh look its Evoland. I was actually trying to think of the name of that game last night. I thought the concept was cool. Anyone who has bought it, how is it?

RE: Dust

I know it's been mentioned before, so apologies in advance..

But the furry factor. Animations look great, I like darker storylines, action looks fun..

I just loathe anthromorphic characters and I think it might make it harder to get into the story.

Also, does anyone know how long the story is?

Might pick it up for my wife who doesn't mind that style of animation.. I just hate that whole genre/style of anime.

I'm in the same boat as you, gameplay, art, animations are great and I really respect how one developer was able to accomplish all this but the whole anime thing just really throws me off from the story. I'll get back to it after I clear up some of my backlog

Garcia

Just got Brothers and yeah really good looking game. I know nothing about it, but GAF yet again sold me on it. I swear all it takes is BUY BROTHERS NOW, and done.
Out of curiosity, how long is the game?

Oh and Dust sure looks good, but is it? Is it a short game?

That makes 2 of us. I'm just about to buy and download it. First time it ever happened to me but I think it's fair since I was one of the many who also shared the love for Guacamelee when it got a second flash sale and I'm pretty sure that ppl who blindly got it won't be disappointed either.

Seagoon

I'm thinking about grabbing Assassin's Creed II for $3 - is this a time limited deal or will the price hold for the rest of the sale?

That crap has never made sense to me. I never tell my mother she has too many dvds and dildos, but I guess it's something only people who don't look at games as toys would understand.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Thinking about getting Retro City Rampage. Is this a "pick it up and play for 15mins" type of game or is there actual progression that you make?

I see it's on the Humble Store for $2.99.

Te game has actual progression but you can pick it up and play for 15mins if you want since you can play a couple missions/challenges/free roam/kill people/some lil customization/etc for about 15 mins then come back to it. Pretty fun somewhat nes demake of GTA but it's probably not for everyone. I need to go back to finish it tbh.

What's the likelihood of a Flash or encore Daily sale for SoD? It's in my cart and I'm so close to buying, but it would suck if it goes cheaper again

Omega

Banned
You seem to operate under the strange assumption that a video game is only worth playing if the real-world activity it simulates is unavailable.

because if I had the choice to play a 10 man pick up game of basketball or play NBA 2K14, I'll pick the pick up game 10 out 10

I'm not saying this applies to every game. Obviously I'm not going to say "why play shooters, just join the army" or why play an RPG when you can just LARP

but for something like pool? the only reason i could see someone choosing to play a video game instead of the real thing is because they're lazy or just anti-social.

GuessWho

That makes 2 of us. I'm just about to buy and download it. First time it ever happened to me but I think it's fair since I was one of the many who also shared the love for Guacamelee when it got a second flash sale and I'm pretty sure that ppl who blindly got it won't be disappointed either.

I blindly got Guacamelee and finished it in one day. I love those games. Although the humor didn't do much for me.

Wok

Listen to your mother, boy. You do have too many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom