• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Tetrobot and Co. costs $3 on the Humble store.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

This games has the most expensive foil cards. Plus it is a great puzzle game.
sUlgbNy.jpg

So it seems I already bought Particulars on December 6th. I don't remember.

rtcn63

Im not judging, Im honestly asking, it seems like a generational thing. I honestly hadnt even heard of furries until recently, and now it seems anything remotely cartoony that isnt a human being must be a furry

I think it's because of widespread internet connectivity. Even the most seemingly innocent things have questionable content linked to them, if loosely. All these sub-cultures existed before, but exposure to the mainstream was much less.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man I remember watching those cartoons when I was little but for the life of me I can't remember their names.

So what's those cartoons name?

Biker Mice from Mars and Swat Kats. Swat Kats is the most recent (well "recent") I remember that on TV (here at least) when I was in high school, the rest was when I was a wee little boy...good times

Danielsan

Ooh no. I just did the math and apparently I've spent € 44,05 on games for myself as well as gifts. I didn't mean to spend more than € 20...
And now I still need to get Brothers as well as The Swapper (if it goes on sale).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ppl naming Biker Mice and SWAT Kats warms my heart (not they either were particulary good mind you)

Bioshock 1 or 2? I've only played the Bioshock demo (like 5 times, because that opening is one of my favorites), but I've heard that Bioshock 2 improved the gameplay

Eanan

I see that 007 legends is on PC in my local gamestop new for a fiver. Should I buy it as isnt it rare now to get for steam?

Rhaknar

I know but still...

Also, how long does it take to complete Gunpoint? Heard great things about it but don't know how short or long it is.

2 hours or so, if that. Its quite short. Short but amazing, just like me in bed. Wait...

rtcn63

Bioshock 1 or 2? I've only played the Bioshock demo (like 5 times, because that opening is one of my favorites), but I've heard that Bioshock 2 improved the gameplay

2 is more combat oriented, gunplay and switching between weapons and plasmids is more responsive. Story-wise, it's a direct sequel (thought the game itself is more of an expansion pack), I'd definitely recommend playing Bioshock 1 first if possible.

I dont want to "start" anything (really I dont) but how old are people hating Dust and calling it furry and whatnot?

Maybe its because I grew up on

19661.jpg

thundercats.jpg

that Dust's look is completely fine with me... were those things furry too?

Im not judging, Im honestly asking, it seems like a generational thing. I honestly hadnt even heard of furries until recently, and now it seems anything remotely cartoony that isnt a human being must be a furry

Pretty much what it looks like to me, and I despise anime/furry art styles usually.

Garcia

Definitely get the 1st one if you're new to the saga. If you've played Metroid Prime you will get some similar vibes coming from Bioshock's environment regarding the exploration aspects of it. It is a great game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I dont want to "start" anything (really I dont) but how old are people hating Dust and calling it furry and whatnot?

w3mVijA.jpg

Ill try dust one day

Tellaerin

because if I had the choice to play a 10 man pick up game of basketball or play NBA 2K14, I'll pick the pick up game 10 out 10

I'm not saying this applies to every game. Obviously I'm not going to say "why play shooters, just join the army" or why play an RPG when you can just LARP

but for something like pool? the only reason i could see someone choosing to play a video game instead of the real thing is because they're lazy or just anti-social.

I guess you can't understand why anyone would play videogame pinball when they could just go out and play the real thing, either. They must be antisocial.

2 is the better game but play 1 first. It makes more sense story-wise and it's kinda hard to go back to 1 after experiencing the gameplay improvements introduced in 2.
Rapture is one of the most fascinating locations ever created for a game, enjoy.
Be sure to grab Minerva's Den (B2 dlc), it's fantastic.

Lain

http://www.animationsource.org/sites_content/robin_hood/img_screenshot/19661.jpg
http://www.chicagonow.com/alter-ego-maniac/files/2011/07/thundercats.jpg
or

http://www.bikermice.tv/images/site/thestory_head.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_94-LBPKHSvQ/TC6R9TAAeRI/AAAAAAAAAEM/mjznh6MjsOQ/s1600/35610735_1.jpg
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530042245/disney/images/e/ec/Ducktalesmoney.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3607/3662210373_1c9dbd1810.jpg

I'm with you about dust looking perfectly fine. I grew up reading Topolino and Paperino (magazines with stories of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck etc) and watching many of those shows so Dust's look seems completely fine to me.

Myshkin

[...]

I grew up on Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse, so I'm totally insensitive to any "furry and whatnot". Can't get much more anthropomorphized than a cat and mouse acting as Batman and Robin.

kulapik

His top game is TF2, he has a reliable connection.

You are talking to the guy he's talking about xD I usually play offline because until september I didn't have a internet connection at home, I only could use Internet at hotspots and public places. It's normal that my top game is tf2, on offline I have beaten couple games.

19661.jpg

thundercats.jpg

or

thestory_head.jpg

35610735_1.jpg

Ducktalesmoney.jpg

3662210373_1c9dbd1810.jpg

The same reason why males that find aspects of the new My Little Pony show fun are automatically lumped in with the people that want to marry Twilight Sparkle.

Rhaknar

I'm sorry if this has been asked (and answered) but does the Saints 4 season pass have both the deminatrix and the xmas DLCs?

Also those are the only 2 proper story DLCs correct, the rest is all costumes and whatnot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom