• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Just a small give away for all you fine people.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-73D8BDB019433BFA - Taken by gnomed. 5 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-8AA36F8066D1A96C - Taken by EmmanuelMunoz. 1 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-E6799D89E87B1814 - Taken by BraXzy. 5 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-D8149F990764D71A - Taken by Luap. 9 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-AB627A1CC393E5E9 - Taken by Unicorn. 9 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-1605B60AA0952258 - Taken by Shrike Alvaron. 17 entrants total.

t1388274606z1.png

Eusis

And this thread just showed why there's so much venom towards furry stuff, and what I meant about people dredging the stuff up to show to everyone else.
Reminder guys
Bumping that up won't keep anyone from quoting that image and showing it again though. :(

I'm not even sure I could live in a world with internet caps.

I'm on Comcast "Blast" service, which has an "unofficial" cap of 350 gigs a month. They won't cancel your service if you blow past it, but they do call you up and try to figure out WTF you were doing. The closest i've ever gotten was during the summer sale, where I hit 215. I'm up to 190 for December, so I think i'll be safe. 350 gigs is...a lot of gigs.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I think you'll need to complete the first two or three missions before you can access that stuff.
Thanks for the reply.
Sounds good. Christmas DLC looks pretty fun, but seeing as i'm quite a slow gamer, completing the whole game (or almost, like with some ME2 stuff) before being able to acces purchased content would be a bit much. :p

Caerith

I considered it at first, but realized the cards would sell higher in the beginning.

Near the end the prices are likely going to bottom out as people want to get something for them before they disappear.

Of course, there's the segment who's going to grab the dirt cheap globes and hope they can craft something worth selling. Presumably there's going to be more sellers than buyers at that point that prices will remain low.

Globe prices have been pretty stable after the first day or two. Around 2am EST the prices crash (because everyone gets their vote in and immediately sells their card) but they rebound in a few hours to right where they started. You could actually turn a profit if you wanted to buy all the #1 at 2am for like $0.15-$0.17 and sell them for like $0.23 ($0.20 after fees), but that's a lot of work for five cents at a time.

Caerith

What's the point of the foil cards? I just got an X-com one for the sale. Keep for "Hey, lookies" or is there a use for them?

Either get the rest of the foil ones for a "hey, lookies" badge on your profile (all badges = "hey, lookies"), or sell it on the market to someone who wants to collect them all for a "hey, lookies" badge on their profile.

Eanan

Best game in an atrocious franchise. Doesn't mean very much.

Stop.

They really are not bad games at all, bar AC3 which is just a borefest but still not terrible.

The first one was poor enough but the second and third games are excellent I found.

The whole anti Assassin's creed circlejerk in this thread has gotten a bit stale lads.

theultimo

Have an extra copy, have fun :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Xcom: Enemy Unknown -- MB-7C1419065B5748D1 - Taken by Balehead. 52 entrants total.

t1388275146z1.png

hohoXD123

Stop.

They really are not bad games at all, bar AC3 which is just a borefest but still not terrible.

The first one was poor enough but the second and third games are excellent I found.

The whole anti Assassin's creed circlejerk in this thread has gotten a bit stale lads.

Agreed, enjoyed the heck out of AC2 and ACB, don't really get the hate.

Derrick01

Banned
Stop.

Well you convinced me that they're actually good. I can't argue against any of your detailed explanations of the gameplay, exploration, and story.

Stop.

no the ac games are all bad games for the most part. they are cool as like a virtual tourist kinda thing though I guess.

rtcn63

The AC games may not be bad on a technical level, but they are incredibly dull and lacking in engagement. Most of the time. To me.

Caerith

Agreed, enjoyed the heck out of AC2 and ACB, don't really get the hate.

I don't hate them, but they look like I'd find them dumb and a bit boring so I don't play them. I can see why some people would like them, I can see why some people would find them grossly overrated, but it's really just a matter of taste.

Artofwar420

I don't hate them, but they look like I'd find them dumb and a bit boring so I don't play them. I can see why some people would like them, I can see why some people would find them grossly overrated, but it's really just a matter of taste.

To pick at your brain a bit, why do they look like you'd find them dumb and boring?

hohoXD123

Well you convinced me that they're actually good. I can't argue against any of your detailed explanations of the gameplay, exploration, and story.

Pretty hard to properly counter an argument which is simply "Best game in an atrocious franchise."

I had pretty much decided to give up on the franchise after I hated the first game until a friend forced me to play AC2. Think you should reserve judgement until you've tried it out at least tbh.

So far I've bought:

ARMA 3
gunpoint
rogue legacy
universe sandbox
DCS p-51 mustang

I'm hoping DayZ goes on sale before the end of it. And before anyone says it won't because it's a top seller, other top sellers have gone on sale. And other early access has gone on sale

Grief.exe

Stop.

Its really split down the middle, there are plenty of fans of the AC series in the PC threads on GAF.

My dislike for the series is well known, but I can see why people enjoy them. That gif is both ridiculous and brings a smile to my face, thought I would use it.

DukeBobby

Well, I got 1 and 2 and am almost done with 1. Maybe I don't really NEED Brotherhood until I finish 2?

/logicmakesanappearance

Yeah, I'd wait. If you like 2, pick up Brotherhood. It's actually my favourite game in the series, but it is still barely above average, in my opinion.

Eanan

Pot meet kettle.

Just like you made a blanket statement saying "Best game in an atrocious franchise. Doesn't mean very much." without an reasoning behind as to why their "atrocious".

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I haven't technically been spoiled on how the story in Brothers goes, but I'm guessing it's the fairly obvious
one of the brothers dies at the end
from everyone talking about it. Is it still worth playing knowing that?

Edit: this is my speculation only and I might be wrong.

DedValve

Banned
I just beat Shelter. I clocked in about 86 minutes but would have been an hour if I hadn't stopped to eat a meal real quick.

Game is charming and cute and trying to keep your fellow badgers or whatever alive is really difficult. That ending pulls on some heart strings and pulls it off quite effectively.

I enjoyed the really short time I had with the game, I'm not sure if it could have been longer without getting tiresome. If anything my biggest gripe would be that it's not one seamless world, the loading screens takes you to very different parts of the forest and it would have looked better with no loading screens, especially on a game this short.

There's also a mode called nurture mode, not sure what that is about but I'll check it out some other day.

Garcia

Just wanted to thank you all for recommending Brothers.

It really is my kind of game. I'm loving the interaction between both characters and the environment. Those small details like petting a cat just for the fun of it bring a smile to my face.

:D

Edit: It does feel like a Co-op ICO. :)

Lingitiz

I've always found them to be dumb fun. I enjoy the atmosphere and setting of the games, despite the repetitive mission designs. I don't go in expecting a whole lot of sophisticated design, but I do appreciate the settings and I enjoy running around in the cities.

I approach it a lot like Skyrim in that regard. They're not particularly smart or inventive, but there's some things I can appreciate there.

Kilrathi

I'm on Comcast "Blast" service, which has an "unofficial" cap of 350 gigs a month. They won't cancel your service if you blow past it, but they do call you up and try to figure out WTF you were doing. The closest i've ever gotten was during the summer sale, where I hit 215. I'm up to 190 for December, so I think i'll be safe. 350 gigs is...a lot of gigs.

Lucky my Current ISP doesn't have caps, and I just blew through about a 1TB of data doing with my hard drive dying with all my Origin/Steam/GOG games on it and a switching to windows 8.1 64 bit (re-installing Adobe CC and all the autodesk stuff).

Pick ups this sale
Casltevania: lord of shadows
Metal Gear Rising

Nnothing else I really want.

Umi88

little something D:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-5B5A2E2C38258EA4 - Taken by Garcia. 9 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-F9C8939C52730CE8 - Taken by ToastyBanana. 9 entrants total.

t1388265831z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom