• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Snow apparently wasn't, either. At least Pool Nation would have been cheaper and the money spent on it would have gone toward more than just cosmetic DLC.

Though FloatingDivider, if you read this, you accidentally posted your review as "Recommended" with a thumbs-up. You should change it to "Not Recommended" with the thumbs-down since we can actually do that now.

To be honest that sounds like someone who doesn't know what an Early Access game is. I've been following this game for a long time and it has come a long way.

Garcia

Guys, I have 3 more games sitting at the top of my wishlist and I was wondering if they've already been featured as flash sales so far:

-Super Meatboy
-FEZ
-Braid

Any sightings?

Dust is great. Beautifull Metroidvania (we really need to find another term for the genre) with an absolutely awesome combat system. Animations are incredible. Great atmosphere as well. Story is a whole lot darker then expected, though.

Buy it.
Thanks, you sold me on the game. Was thinking of it, but wasn't sure. Dunno when I'll pick it up but definitely will at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys, I have 3 more games sitting at the top of my wishlist and I was wondering if they've already been featured as flash sales so far:

-Super Meatboy
-FEZ
-Braid

Any sightings?

-no
-yes
-yes

d0e.gif

Less than 10 minutes to enter my Dark Souls giveaway.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013

-Super Meatboy
-FEZ
-Braid

Any sightings?

Braid and Super Meatboy have not been seen.
FEZ was a daily deal on day 3 or 4.
Don't worry, they will be on sale again.

cicero

While Dust has a resemblance to Furry Art (such as the rounded faces and limbs), to say that it IS Furry Art is very lame.

And even then: who the great fuck cares?

Literally. Who the great fuck cares.
Who cares? How about anyone who strongly dislikes the basic aesthetics of most/all deviantart style furry/anthropomorphism art? Like it or not, this IS a relevant issue for many people, including myself. Despite that, I went out of my way to ignore my own sensibilities concerning the typically creepy deviantart aesthetic and I bought the game based on the high praise it had received. The first five minutes listening to "Fidget" and her ridiculously cloying voice and dialogue made me regret buying it. I don't need to add a level of repulsive annoyance to a game I am trying to play as a leisure pursuit. Others might feel the same way and choose to wait on buying it until it hits a bundle.

oipic

Does Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion have a campaign mode?

Nope, no campaign whatsoever. There's a lore of sorts detailing the history of the various factions, and why they're in conflict... but each game is a stand-alone 'skirmish', for want of a better term.

mrgone

It'll come. No Activision in sight.

Bohemia pulled their fair share of sales shenanigans when DayZ first got big. They're not Activision, but they'll take advantage of community interest where they can. With the crazy sales they're pulling now I'm guessing we'll be lucky to see any kind of useful discount before late next year - I wouldn't doubt that the base price will be raised when they move out of alpha, too, if the community sticks around the way it did with the mod.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh my god I didn't expect Van Helsing to be good, but it's really good arpg. this is just what I wanted, too bad i missed out and got the demo and not the game ;_;

Garcia

Played it like you suggested, got the 60secs in 10mins time. Wow that was much easier.

;) glad to see it worked as well for you. Fullscreen increases the difficulty by ten fold. It's almost impossible to catch up on the hyper modes.

Cimarron

Are the following games worth the price?

Gary's mod $2.49 - I can't seem to wrap my mind on what this game is about but it seems to be extremely popular on Steam.

Brothers $4.49 - Saw a couple of reviews. Seems interesting but the control scheme seems odd and the game has a few very vocal haters.

torchlight 2 $4.99 - I loved the first one but wished it had co-op. Is the co-op community still active for this one?

Any input would be great.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well, just finished Gone Home. I enjoyed it for the $6 I paid. I wouldn't ever bring it up in GOTY discussions but I am happy with my purchase.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nope, no campaign whatsoever. There's a lore of sorts detailing the history of the various factions, and why they're in conflict... but each game is a stand-alone 'skirmish', for want of a better term.

this is probably a ignorant question, but is that how all 4X games work? I keep trying to get into them (and buying them >_>) but I didnt know they all revolved around skirmishes?

Rhaknar

Gary's mod $2.49 - I can't seem to wrap my mind on what this game is about but it seems to be extremely popular on Steam.

Brothers $4.49 - Saw a couple of reviews. Seems interesting but the control scheme seems odd and the game has a few very vocal haters.

torchlight 2 $4.99 - I loved the first one but wished it had co-op. Is the co-op community still active for this one?

from the little I played of Brothers I already feel its worth it. Torchlight 2 DEFFINATELY. No idea about Gary's Mod

Valkrai

The only game I have here is Gmod, its worth a buy. There's all kinds of games in it, Gun Game, RPs (roleplaying), and Trouble in Terrorist Town are the big ones in there.

Garcia

Brothers is a gorgeous fairy tale. It is a contemplative platformer of the likes of ICO featuring linear progression and some good sense of humor.

I blindly bought it and don't regret it. It really is a great game.

HoosTrax

Jeez...the balance in Orcs Must Die 2...

I was doing fine all up until Crunch, then it's like hitting a brick wall where it becomes painfully obvious that the developers balanced the game purely for co-op, and with total disregard for SP.

I 100%ed the achievements in OMD1 and five-skulled all Nightmare levels in that game, but I kind of doubt that's happening in OMD2. I think I'd be lucky just to five-skull all War Mage difficulty levels.
So, I did manage to five-skull all War Mage levels, but only just. On the last level, a stone elemental thing was about one step away from the rift before I finished it off. Kind of sucks that you don't even get a basic AI partner when playing SP -- even one that could only autoattack would be helpful.

mrgone

Thanks, I saw that's when they released it, but I'll give it more time to mature. Looks cool though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be free to play on tablets when they're finished with it. The game seems like it's built from the ground up to facilitate buying boosts and such.

I think I played 2hrs of Dust already. It's a really great game! It definitely was worth the wait for it to go on sale. If it really is 8hrs (I heard 12+ if all the sidequests are done), then I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun playing it.

I'm already loving the combat, presentation, and I'm starting to get into the story.

Turfster

Gary's mod isn't really a game, it's more a sandbox "fuck around" simulator.
Brothers is definitely worth the price.

Just woke up and saw Snow.

Anyone think it's worth it? Is there more to it than just skiing around?

It's very early alpha and will be free to play when it's done, so no.
The fact that people voted for it blows my mind.

Grief.exe

So, I did manage to five-skull all War Mage levels, but only just. On the last level, a stone elemental thing was about one step away from the rift before I finished it off. Kind of sucks that you don't even get a basic AI partner when playing SP -- even one that could only autoattack would be helpful.

Would be an interesting mechanic if you could guide them somewhat. Put them down, sort of like a defensive structure, and the AI knows you want them in that area.

Did I miss any glitch sales today? Got brothers, evoland, and gunpoint.

Nothing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom