• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I'm really liking Aliens VS Predator, this game looks really nice (graphics wise) considering it's from 2010 and we are almost in 2014. Seriously, if this is how PC players were playing this game in 2010 then I have a lot to catch up in PC Exclusives and will replay some of my favorites games to be honest.

I feel like I've been blind while playing some games in the past couple of years and now I can enjoy them in a much better eye-candy-quality. Best part is, you might don't even need a very expensive/elite PC to play some of these games with a quality that can be superior to the PS3/360 Versions.

Grief.exe

How enjoyable is the gameplay? After Gone Home, I'm wary of another 'feels' type game seeing as that didn't really work for me at all.

If your heart is open, love will always find its way in

jane-btm-left.jpg

How befitting of a title named Remember Me. ;)

I think even steam forgot about that game, I was holding out as long as I could, but RE Revelations was the breaking point

I'm playing Remember Me on PS3. Good graphics, setting and concept but the combat sucks balls.

Is it that bad? I was hoping it was allot like like the Batman games.

Remember Me is my surprise of the year. Great game. It also looks pretty crazy on PC with some downsampling.

I may have to buy another steam card... curse you steam sales! :p

Just beat Castle of Illusion, took me 2.2 hrs to clock i kid you not. Good thing i only paid $3.75. Just imagine paying $70 in the Mega Drive days. It was a good game though i will give them that but i would never recommend paying $15 let alone the $18 Aussie rip off price on Steam.

I will give it 3.5 out of 5.

I'm sure that back in the day you would need to master the game before finishing it.

OK guys and gals, I'm finally doing my very own giveaway! I don't have much to give, but GAF has been so generous to me that I just had to give something back. :) I'm giving away a copy of Fable - The Lost Chapters, which was the first WRPG I ever played (and one that I still love to this day). Best of luck to all who enter!

Fable-The-Lost-Chapters-1-icon.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fable TLC -- MB-EC079CE77D21796A

t1388290986z1.png

vg260

Of course it does, it's a daily tomorrow or day after tomorrow!

I guess most people didn't get the memo.

KOF really should have won since that would have been the lowest price for which it has been offered. The other two are repeats of the same discount.

Clawww

I think even steam forgot about that game, I was holding out as long as I could, but RE Revelations was the breaking point

I may have to buy another steam card... curse you steam sales! :p

The concept behind the combat system is pretty cool. Unfortunately, your moveset is very limited, and unlocking/upgrading moves is slow. The encounters can also be tedious at times.

It's a cool game, with a beautiful setting and great music, but it only held my attention for for a few hours. I think I got close to the end when I got bored and I just never cared to finish it.

I think $5 would be an OK price for the experience if it ever gets to that point.

Gone home spoiler!
Right before going up the attic and after reading that last note, I was thinking "oh shit, Sam committed suicide didn't she" only to find out that everything was all good, not many other games have toyed with my emotions like that. I guess it varies from person to person.

Gone Home spoiler.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was so happy it didn't come to that, though. Sam being happy and being with person she loves was a great ending. I had a huge smile on my face and was also sad because the game was over. A great experience.

oipic

I guess those who received the memo were only a small portion of Steam's regular users/voters. Will be interesting to see how Injustice fares on the top sellers list during its flash sale.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I guess most people didn't get the memo.

KOF really should have won since that would have been the lowest price for which it has been offered. The other two are repeats of the same discount.
Not saying this justifies the Injustice win, but KOF would have been the same price it was during its 2416-hour flash sale.

An-Det

Thanks ToastyBanana for A Virus Named Tom! It also came with the soundtrack, which is awesome.

Didn't expect Injustice to win at all, and by a decent margin too. Wow.

jediyoshi

Yikes. Was just about to buy settlers 7 on uplay instead of steam since it got below $5, but then I realized it still has its always online drm. You were so close, ubi.

edit: oh duh, not even available on steam anymore

vg260

Not saying this justifies the Injustice win, but KOF would have been the same price it was during its 2416-hour flash sale.

Oh, I was incorrect them. I thought KOF only hit 50% off. Oh well, just a toss up then, really. I'm fine with Injustice. I'd like more people to play online.

Card Boy

Banned

Although it has its moments i find it tedious. There is no fluidity and flow like the Batman games, you can't counter moves and dodging is crap. The way you do any real damage is through through combos you set up and its sometimes hard to string more complex combos due to the animations and feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom