• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

iL9oMMuEf5vlK.png

What an amazing gift out of nowhere, thank you very much Creamium!! <3 <3

Steam GAF is the best.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The whole DRM thing with Dark Athena is overblown. I didn't even notice anything when playing it. On the other hand, Borderlands DRM where you actually have to be connected to the net to be able to activate the DLC with individual cd-keys on some website and being forced to make a GameSpy account to play online is much worse, yet no one ever talks about it.

I agree with you as most people should not be affected by the DRM used in DA, that being said: fuck Tages anyway.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Was DayZ even dethroned from the #1 during the sales? It's crazy seeing a game for so much time in the first position.

I've been passing on games I would otherwise snatch up in a heartbeat, because a big part of me just wants to put my Steam funds towards DayZ.

mileS

Was DayZ even dethroned from the #1 during the sales? It's crazy seeing a game for so much time in the first position.

Skyrim Legendary Edition stole it for a couple hours or most of a day. But yes. its kind of insane to see an Alpha hold that spot for so long.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Voted Volgarr, but I have little faith in the steam community at this point.

Everyone should already have Titan Quest from the THQ bundle.

- J - D -

I wonder about getting Spec Ops: The Line now. I've heard great things about it's story, but I'm still not sure.

Gameplay not worth $7.50, but story is worth at least that much.

That said, it's been cheaper elsewhere (I got it bundled with Bioshock Infinite back in March).

Miker

I've played Skulls of the Shogun for about 45 minutes, so here are some REALLY preliminary impressions:

- The art is cool, and the music is awesome
- Actually playing the game is decidedly less awesome, as there's a lot of visual clutter and overlapping units
- The UI is actually a bit too minimal, and it's not nearly info-I-need-at-a-glance as a TBS UI should be
- The circle-based movement system is...okay? It's a neat idea, but I'm not entirely convinced it's an improvement over (or even matches) a traditional grid-based system
- The "spirit wall" defense mechanic is wonky at best

Perhaps there are Skulls players who have played more of the game that can address these complaints? Otherwise, I'd say that you're better served by hunting down a DS Lite for Advance Wars (the GOAT TBS of this type).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wonder about getting Spec Ops: The Line now. I've heard great things about it's story, but I'm still not sure.

The story was fun. I thought it was good. What made the game for me, was its fantastic use of music. The gameplay is decent, nothing bad.

Has Andy/Nvidia made any comment about the Assassin's Creed IV Physx performance? It just seems horrendous even on low, 15 to 20 fps no matter where I look in Havana. I only have a GTX 670 but it shouldn't be that poor right? Also, why don't Assassin's Creed games have real 16:10 support :/

Colin.

Just noticed that you can get Lego Batman and Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 for £2 each from Game. Lowest price those have been, I think. Some other ones are discounted too. And they redeem on Steam.

MRORANGE

Can someone summarize in less than 50 words on why Starbound is awesome?

There are no Steam reviews from GAF about it.

EDIT: Someone who isn't Jshackles, Copons, Atraveller, SalsaShark, realityexsists, wilflare, Hoostrax, LiK or Zkylon

Skyrim beat it for like a day

I've been passing on games I would otherwise snatch up in a heartbeat, because a big part of me just wants to put my Steam funds towards DayZ.

Skyrim Legendary Edition stole it for a couple hours or most of a day. But yes. its kind of insane to see an Alpha hold that spot for so long.

Pretty crazy seeing an early access game selling so well, but considering both DayZ and Starbound were pretty hyped I can understand why both are in the top sellers and in the top 10 of most played games.

Has Andy/Nvidia made any comment about the Assassin's Creed IV Physx performance? It just seems horrendous even on low, 15 to 20 fps no matter where I look in Havana. I only have a GTX 670 but it shouldn't be that poor right?

A GTX 670 is a pretty good card. I have a 660 and got it to run decently with near everything on High, but that was before the PhysX patch.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Voted for Skulls of the Shogun. Did a decent choice?

I own Volgarr already so went with that instead.

I had a ball with Spec Ops. It doesn't do anything new with the combat but the story is great. Well worth it.

Anyone have any thoughts on State of Decay? I was wondering if I should bother with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom