• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Can someone summarize in less than 50 words on why Starbound is awesome?

There are no Steam reviews from GAF about it.

I'll do my best.

Do you like sandbox survival games? Did you like Terrarria / Minecraft? If yes, you'll love StarBound.

If no, more of the same, avoid.

An-Det

Voted for Volgarr, glad that one popped up.

I wonder about getting Spec Ops: The Line now. I've heard great things about it's story, but I'm still not sure.

It's worth it. The story and narrative in it is head and shoulders above most other shooters, and while the gameplay wont blow you away, it was fine. Plus I loved the combat music, cranking the volume up during firefights (I played on hard my first run) and getting into it was a blast.

I do wish they'd lower the msrp, since even at 75% off it's still above impulse-buy for many people.

tumblr_ltot6xYsH51r3dth6o1_500.gif
Much more attractive woman than saorsie

Eusis

Voted for Skulls of the Shogun. Did a decent choice?

I own Volgarr already so went with that instead.
I have all three so it's irrelevant short of OST offerings or whatever who wins, and if those don't go on sale it'd be a moot point. Still, Skulls of the Shogun was well regard, Volgarr was cheaper recently, and who the fuck doesn't have Titan Quest at this point?

DedValve

Banned
So I just made my first Steam Acct the other day and I already own 3 games (L4D2, Portal 2 and Shelter) and I have a mac lol.

Its because of Steam that I decided to build a gaming PC, part of me really wants to jump on Tomb Raider for $7 to play it on super high ultra massive settings but I'm not sure if it'll go on sale again.

I'm hoping I can live off steam sales as I make the enormous upfront cost of building a high end PC.

EDIT: Still deciding on Dust...

liezryou

EDIT: Someone who isn't Jshackles, Copons, Atraveller, SalsaShark, realityexsists, wilflare, Hoostrax, LiK or Zkylon

Haven't played much of it but it's basically terraria in space (with alot more added stuffz). If you liked terraria you will love this. If you didn't, you probably won't.

Zafir

Was going through my Humble Bundles and noticed I had these two batman dupes. Word of warning, these are humble bundle links to claim the game, meaning you need to have a humble bundle account to activate the game on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-6638660DD3ED035A - Taken by TheYanger. 11 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-C5F6AB72CE49442B - Taken by Bizazedo. 4 entrants total.

t1388294227z1.png

Good luck!

MRORANGE

I'll do my best.

Do you like sandbox survival games? Did you like Terrarria / Minecraft? If yes, you'll love StarBound.

If no, more of the same, avoid.

Haven't played much of it but it's basically terraria in space (with alot more added stuffz). If you liked terraria you will love this. If you didn't, you probably won't.

Eh... I was hoping for a mini evaluation of why the game was great, if you have played it before.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I wonder about getting Spec Ops: The Line now. I've heard great things about it's story, but I'm still not sure.

It's absolutely worth playing through at least once.

$7.50 is a decent price for it.

And it gets a lot of gripes, but I was able to enjoy the combat. It wasn't revolutionary but I had fun with it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have all three so it's irrelevant short of OST offerings or whatever who wins, and if those don't go on sale it'd be a moot point. Still, Skulls of the Shogun was well regard, Volgarr was cheaper recently, and who the fuck doesn't have Titan Quest at this point?
I dont have Titan Quest...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a couple of gift copies of the Snow Founders Pack that I'm hoping to offload for $14 each. PM me if interested.

pahamrick

Eh... I was hoping for a mini evaluation of why the game was great, if you have played it before.

I've put several hours into it, and it's hard to give a decent evaluation because of that, and because it's such an early beta. There's lots of stuff that haven't been implemented yet. It really is close to Terrarria in space, but with the added benefit of millions (pretty literally, too) of planets you can explore, all with different biome types (Ice, Desert, Jungle, my personal favorite 'Tentacle', ect). What they've got now is a pretty featured game, if they add in even half of what's on their list it will propel it from great, to amazing.

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for.

Turfster

EDIT: Someone who isn't Jshackles, Copons, Atraveller, SalsaShark, realityexsists, wilflare, Hoostrax, LiK or Zkylon

It's not. You're better off waiting until the next milestone, unless you want Terraria with a new coat of paint.

I had a ball with Spec Ops. It doesn't do anything new with the combat but the story is great. Well worth it.

Yeah, SpecOps is totally worth playing. The actual cover-based-third-person shooting is very, very mundane, but the story is absolutely worth it (it starts out pretty normal, but as the game progresses, it turns into something else entirely and becomes...well.. it's hard to say. Sort of a commentary on action games itself? It gets kind of meta) The game actually sticks with you. Some of the environments are kind of awesome as well, with some fantastic "panorama" / vista moments that look great on a PC (and you don't need a beast of a machine for it to run well)

Note that it's 2 bucks cheaper on Amazon than it is in the flash sale at the moment, only $5.99

Oublieux

Question about Witcher 2.

Do you even go to Vergen if you leave with Roche instead of Iorveth?

If I recall correctly, no, that's where the major branching point is. You need a second replay to find out the backstory of what happened for the character you chose not to follow in the first completion.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've played Skulls of the Shogun [...]
- circle-based movement system
uh ew

Somehow I missed this. I don't know how. I guess it's because I only looked at a few screenshots way back and none of them showed a unit's movement range? Not sure I'll buy it even in the off chance it wins instead of Titan Quest, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom