• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Same, didn't realise that many people liked the mod in the first place. Hell, I didn't realise that many people owned Arma 2 to have even played the original mod!

A lot of us (me included) bought Arma 2 because of it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Finished Evoland. Eh...it's a nice little diversion. I wish they expanded on the concept a bit more. Plenty of battle systems they could have thrown into it, I guess. It was a nice little trip down memory lane.

Same, didn't realise that many people liked the mod in the first place. Hell, I didn't realise that many people owned Arma 2 to have even played the original mod!

It kinda pisses me off that so many people have bought it at such a high price. I kinda want it, but I can't buy it at that price. And it is probably gonna go higher hitting beta? Nope.

To each's own... wallet. Heehee.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finished Evoland. Eh...it's a nice little diversion. I wish they expanded on the concept a bit more. Plenty of battle systems they could have thrown into it, I guess. It was a nice little trip down memory lane.

I think it would have been great if the game were story-driven, with the generational transitions occurring when you beat the main boss of a particular area.

Here have this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Threads:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-CEE78DAE3BB7A443 - Taken by kutthoat5150. 18 entrants total.

t1388287522z1.png

Unicorn

I just started playing Guacamelee and it is soooooo amazing.

I've got a couple hours in it, but it just turned impossible.

I'm fighting
the woman with the flowing hair
and I can't get past the 3rd stage of the fight. I can't imagine trying to do this without dying - there's a checkpoint halfway through the fight lol
p0QHO.gif

bkw

Damn... I've been entering giveaways for games that I already bought in a bundle but forgot to claim/activate. I gotta keep track of this stuff better.

On that topic, with humble's new claim directly to steam feature, what happens if I try to claim a game I already own? Does it fail? Or do I lose the key to the ether?

Grief.exe

I'm astonished by DayZ sales. It's been the biggest seller during the whole sale and it doesn't have a discount. Impossibru.

Every time I go to a console thread I see someone arguing the point that, 'sure it got to 1,000,000 sales, but they were all at a $2.50 price point.'

I just can't handle it.

FloatOn

Holy shit. I wish horrible things upon the person who thought up the music box level for castlevania lords of shadow.

this knocks my professional review score down a letter grade at least.

Owensboro

Well crap, that's really tough for Skulls. Any game based on Advanced Wars looks awesome in my book, but there is no way it's beating the other two games. I'm still voting for it!
If it doesn't win, I want Volgarr!

Momentary

Banned
Every time I go to a console thread I see someone arguing the point that, 'sure it got to 1,000,000 sales, but they were all at a $2.50 price point.'

I just can't handle it.

My wife has told me to stay away from console threads because they put me in a bad mood. I also got banned during the Steam Controller aannouncement. I just couldn't believe the amount of ignorance that was spewing from a few people's mouths.

Grief.exe

Wow. Injustice took the top spot.

So many healthy signs this sale.

• Early access game holding the top spot for the vast majority of the sale.
  • Pre-order for a character action game taking the second spot for the majority of the first 48 hours.
  • Fighting game taking the top spot during its particular sale

I'm very excited going forward.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well crap, that's really tough for Skulls. Any game based on Advanced Wars looks awesome in my book, but there is no way it's beating the other two games. I'm still voting for it!
If it doesn't win, I want Volgarr!
Did you mean Advance Wars? Because Miker is also a fan, so his post might be relevant to you. (tl;dr: sounding kinda like SotS is a step down from the AW series)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Putting the finishing touches on the new version of Enhanced Steam. Getting one last feature ready before release. Here is a preview:

kdEtmNB.png

I bought Skulls.. I want to say around Thanksgiving when Amazon had it pretty cheap. Lot of people here were talking bout and I had fun with it. Has a nice charm to it as well. So voted that, cause more people should play it if they haven't had the chance.

vg260

Holy shit. I wish horrible things upon the person who thought up the music box level for castlevania lords of shadow.

this knocks my professional review score down a letter grade at least.

Aha yes. Thank you for reminding me why I made a good call not to buy the PC version after having played through this on consoles.

I bought Skulls.. I want to say around Thanksgiving when Amazon had it pretty cheap. Lot of people here were talking bout and I had fun with it. Has a nice charm to it as well. So voted that, cause more people should play it if they haven't had the chance.

i have enough strategy games i need to play and i hate mobile games

FloatOn

I think I'm done with games tonight. I'm going to contine to drink and finish the first season of twin peaks

rvKFwxD.gif

I consider it homework for when I play deadly premonition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom