• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the finishing touches on the new version of Enhanced Steam. Getting one last feature ready before release. Here is a preview:

kdEtmNB.png

You spoil us all.

Reposting my giveaway less than an hour to go!

Fable-The-Lost-Chapters-1-icon.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fable TLC -- MB-EC079CE77D21796A - Taken by eyeless. 28 entrants total.

t1388290986z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I'm done with games tonight. I'm going to contine to drink and finish the first season of twin peaks

rvKFwxD.gif

I consider it homework for when I play deadly premonition

I love Twin Peaks. Cooper giving the thumbs up was my avatar before Ellen introduced me to the Irish national treasure that is Saoirse Ronan.

I think I'm done with games tonight. I'm going to contine to drink and finish the first season of twin peaks

rvKFwxD.gif

I consider it homework for when I play deadly premonition

Oh man, the first Twin Peaks season was an incredible show, I never got passed the second episode of the second season. I need to finish watching it.

JaseC

Oh man, the first Twin Peaks season was an incredible show, I never got passed the second episode of the second season. I need to finish watching it.

The lull can be a bit of a slog, but the finale makes the effort more than worth it. It's pure, distilled, quintessential Lynch. Wait for the Blu-ray release, though.

marrec

Banned
I'm really really trying hard to give Dark Souls it's proper due this time. I even cheesed myself into that stupid sword and a bunch of souls.

I just can't love it, not like I know other people do.

The combat is soooo boring.

Ah well, there's plenty of other games in the sea. Another Steam sale will have passed without me properly playing Dark Souls. :(

zychi

Banned
figured id ask this in here.

i have my pc connected to two monitors, via hdmi and vga. and two of my consoles setup via hdmi to the same monitor that the pc is setup via vga. still with me?
both monitors have sound out via a headphone jack, and audio in.

i want to split the sound from each monitor into one set of speakers. is there something like an audio spitter, but works in reverse? basically 2 sound sources into one set of speakers. so i can have sound from both coming out at the same time?

How is the PC version?

It's much better now than when it came out in "Early Access" It looks and plays much better than the 360 version as well. It does a good job of making you feel like you are actually in a zombie outbreak. It has a pretty poor story though. But it is fun to sneak out of the base you've established and go scavenging for supplies.

Shepard

Man, I stopped playing DS after I upgraded to Windows 8.1, since the game would crash on the startup. Only today I noticed the problem was with x360ce... Back to my lv.45 warrior.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm really really trying hard to give Dark Souls it's proper due this time. I even cheesed myself into that stupid sword and a bunch of souls.

I just can't love it, not like I know other people do.

The combat is soooo boring.

Ah well, there's plenty of other games in the sea. Another Steam sale will have passed without me properly playing Dark Souls. :(

If you're not liking the combat you should try a different weapon.

Most every weapon is completely distinct from one another and most every weapon is viable as an option. Some are better than others, but almost all of them are capable and competent.

Fuck you, Anor Londo.

No fuck you!

JaseC

I love Fable, man. It got so much hate because of the insane promises the developers made, but thankfully this was before I browsed GAF or other game sites so I completely missed the hype. I'm so thankful that I did.

Fable: TLC is my pick of the bunch, I suppose in part because I missed Molyneux's trademark pre-release hype building and so I went in blind, but I'd love to see a belated port of Fable 2 as I also rather enjoyed it for the most part. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the PC port of Anniversary.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You think State of Decay will appear again as a community vote or at least the "best of" sale? I kinda ran out of cash lol

Quikies83

Sweet! Injustice is bought...

Okay.. my purchases:

Stanley Parable (finished)
Gone Home (finished)
Far Cry 3
Killing Floor (14 hours pumped into it so far)
Ducktales Remastered
Castle of Illusion
Rage
FTL
Proteus
Injustice Ultimate

I'm officially done... I so so so so so so bad want Volgarr the Viking!!!

And I've been a really, really good boy this year gaf...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gemini Rue -- MB-85E36E9FE1BFD41B - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.
Don't Starve -- MB-2654EB6B75E36013 - Taken by jwtsonga. 27 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-06E99B4D23A39124 - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
Wasteland Angel -- MB-BE73EA81ACDAFB7B - Taken by emiranda061288. 2 entrants total.

t1388299176z1.png

HoosTrax

Can someone summarize in less than 50 words on why Starbound is awesome?

There are no Steam reviews from GAF about it.

EDIT: Someone who isn't Jshackles, Copons, Atraveller, SalsaShark, realityexsists, wilflare, Hoostrax, LiK or Zkylon
Hey what's that supposed to mean?!

Sarcasm

Can someone summarize in less than 50 words on why Starbound is awesome?

There are no Steam reviews from GAF about it.

EDIT: Someone who isn't Jshackles, Copons, Atraveller, SalsaShark, realityexsists, wilflare, Hoostrax, LiK or Zkylon

I have a review view-able by my friends only on steam.

Valkrai

Wow, I'm done and I got a big haul:

Sonic Hits Collection
Bit Trip Runner 1 and 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
Just Cause 2
Insurgency
Garry's Mod
Killing Floor
Little Inferno
Rise of the Triad
Portal 2
Super Hexagon (2 extra copies)
Payday: The Heist
Left 4 Dead 2 (Free)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Get it on PS+, buy it for Steam in a future sale.
The smartest decision. That way if you think it's lackluster (as a number of people in this thread have) you're only out whatever centage the game made up of the PS+ subscription cost, and can skip it entirely on PC.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
GAF, Steam is tempting me in buying Resident Evil 6.

HALP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom