• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

GAF, Steam is tempting me in buying Resident Evil 6.

HALP
You aren't perturbed at all by its Rorschach test of a cover art? And its giraffe engaging in...er...nvm...

header_292x136.jpg

joe2187

Banned
ModBot said:
SUPER COMBAT RAFFLE!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pL7MD.png

Skullgirls -- MB-4AC3C6D56A933DBB
Guacamelee -- MB-9DB0EF6AA46398D5
Dark Souls -- MB-96563A370FF24117

t1388306509z1.png

Vote for volgarr and maybe woolie wont steal your pie

Woolieswag.gif

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there going to be a repeat day like there was in the Thanksgiving Sale, at the tail end of this sale?

Cth

Game #2 off my checklist!

Of course, now I have no idea what to buy now. Guess I'll see what Toma's recommending in the indie thread.

Nosferatu

Banned
I'm sure i will catch flack for saying this but Volgarr the Viking totally rips off Rastan. As soon as i watched video of the game for the first time it made me think back to how much i enjoyed Rastan back when i was a kid.

grimmiq

So... have you played the games you've bought?

A bit, about an hour in Papers, Please, Ys, Rogue Legacy..2 hours in Bioshock Infinite, 9 in Saints Row: The Third.

Rest has been idling for cards, 4-5 more and I can get Dust. Spent too much already so trying to get every cent I can from what I already own.

Dec

I've been idling so much the past day.

But before that! I played 7 hours of Guacamelee the day I bought it, haven't finished just yet.

A couple hours of papers, please.

While my intent was to idle in Awesomenauts I ended up playing 6 hours of it. That's a good game.

i have to still xpadder them so no not till i either a. get the rest of my sales games on my list, or b. run out of money(including card money)
been idling card farming and playing Kingdom Hearts FM(HD 1.5 Remix) while i wait for more sales

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Let's see... video games.
This one says best video game around-

header.jpg

This one says best video game in town-

header.jpg

In town... around. In town... around.
What do you think Steamgaf?

denx

yo Steamsissies, what you say about becoming a real man and duke it out on Skullgirls. Cheddahz and I are looking for people to humilliate and put them through the mud to teach them how to be real-manly-men while we trip on our own testosterone. Cheddahz steam name is the same as his gaf name. You can find a link to my steam profile on my gaf profile. Add us you sissies! Grow hair on your chest!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.5. Changes include:

• Added "Early Access" image banners to Early Access games on Steam
  • Added a list of friends that own a game on the "friends that own" page
  • Added badge progress and remaining card drops to app pages
  • Fixed bug where badge filter wasn't working with some languages
  • Fixed bug in wishlist sorting that would cause it to fail if a game had no price displayed
  • Fixed bug that caused wishlist not to highlight under certain circumstances
This update should be applied automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, if you encounter any issues, please let me know!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
And even then it's a joyless slog.

Mercenaries almost gives it some joy, but it's really too bad Bio4-5's Mercenaries is (IMO) better.

The Mercenaries is just different from its predecessors. It's super solid/fun aside from a few questionable design choices (like the lack of i-frames upon wakeup). The new mobility options are a total gamechanger.

Frankly, I'd pay $10 for the Mercenaries mode in RE6 alone, but I'm sure the game will drop further in price.

Volotaire

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.5. Changes include:

• Added "Early Access" image banners to Early Access games on Steam
  • Added a list of friends that own a game on the "friends that own" page
  • Added badge progress and remaining card drops to app pages
  • Fixed bug where badge filter wasn't working with some languages
  • Fixed bug in wishlist sorting that would cause it to fail if a game had no price displayed
  • Fixed bug that caused wishlist not to highlight under certain circumstances
This update should be applied automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, if you encounter any issues, please let me know!

Cool, looking forward to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you got me hyped for a second you bastard

Japanese publishers aside, I've never seen a "The fans need to demand it" claim not result in a PC port being released -- to me it simply means that a PC version is in the works but will be announced at a later date. We saw this most recently with The Division.

nbraun80

Another steam newbie question. After you get all the dropped cards you can get for playing a game (usually 4). How would one get more without trading? It said something about a booster pack but I don't get how you get those.

Zeliard

Another steam newbie question. After you get all the dropped cards you can get for playing a game (usually 4). How would one get more without trading? It said something about a booster pack but I don't get how you get those.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq/

How can I get a booster pack?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

How do I know if I can get card drops and booster packs?

From your Badges page, the “How do I earn card drops?” window shows you how many card drops you have earned, how to get more, and if you are currently eligible for a booster pack drop.

Sianos

HELP I WAS WRONG THERE'S TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES

games i know i want

- Far Cry 3
- Rogue's Legacy
- Risk of Rain
- Teleglitch
- Volgarr
- Legend of Dungeon
- Alpha Protocol
- Deadly Premonition

Which of these should I prioritize? :<

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Japanese publishers aside, I've never seen a "The fans need to demand it" claim not result in a PC port being released -- to me it simply means that a PC version is in the works but will be announced at a later date. We saw this most recently with The Division.

Destiny tho

james-van-der-beek-crying-on-dawsons-creek-gif.gif

Dec

HELP I WAS WRONG THERE'S TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES

games i know i want

- Far Cry 3
- Rogue's Legacy
- Risk of Rain
- Teleglitch
- Volgarr
- Legend of Dungeon
- Alpha Protocol
- Deadly Premonition

Which of these should I prioritize? :<

Volgarr.

Teleglitch is in a $2 bundle

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Vote for Volgarr!

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-DEB4AD9B801359DB - Taken by Solbringer. 30 entrants total.

t1388291932z1.png

Wow, apparently I haven't made a single purchase from my own Steam store for a year, so now all my Steam gifts become non-tradable.
Cheers!....

jshackles, you probably hear this a lot, but you should get a job as developer for Steam client, you have your CV right there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can earn extra cards by purchasing them from the market or, as you say, waiting for a booster drop. The higher your level, the higher your chance of receiving one (eligibility is defined by having used up all of your drops for a given title), though Valve claims that the frequency of booster drops in general is determined by the community's overall badge crafting rate. Also, for F2P games in particular, you can earn more drops by spending approximately $10 in-game. There's an FAQ you can sift through for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom