• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP I WAS WRONG THERE'S TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES

games i know i want

- Far Cry 3
- Rogue's Legacy check
- Risk of Rain check
- Teleglitch
- Volgarr check
- Legend of Dungeon
- Alpha Protocol
- Deadly Premonition check

Which of these should I prioritize? :<
the ones i checked

denx

reposting for new page for glory. Cheddahz and I are looking for people to humilliate in Skullgirls while we gloat about our godhood. Cheddahz steam name is the same as his gaf name. You can find a link to my steam profile on my gaf profile. Add us puny humans!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
yo Steamsissies, what you say about becoming a real man and duke it out on Skullgirls. Cheddahz and I are looking for people to humilliate and put them through the mud to teach them how to be real-manly-men while we trip on our own testosterone. Cheddahz steam name is the same as his gaf name. You can find a link to my steam profile on my gaf profile. Add us you sissies! Grow hair on your chest!

Just sent you a friend request! I'm down, and haven't played in a while.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Another steam newbie question. After you get all the dropped cards you can get for playing a game (usually 4). How would one get more without trading? It said something about a booster pack but I don't get how you get those.

Boosters. Random chance of getting those. Have to have people crafting badges.

In short, Cards are pointless and don't bother with them. Just sell them or hold onto them and wait for the boosters to come and hope you don't get dupes. Otherwise, continue to not care.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, apparently I haven't made a single purchase from my own Steam store for a year, so now all my Steam gifts become non-tradable.
Cheers!....

jshackles, you probably hear this a lot, but you should get a job as developer for Steam client, you have your CV right there.

Steam Community's been rather funky in that regard (e.g. my spare copies of Motor Rock are allegedly non-tradeable until January but this isn't actually the case). You can ascertain the "tradability" of items by making a trade offer -- if they don't show up then the restriction is legit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, you probably hear this a lot, but you should get a job as developer for Steam client, you have your CV right there.

Thanks! I've sent my resume to Valve many times, but they seem pretty intent on not hiring me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So... have you played the games you've bought?

First sale I have actually played my games. Working on Infinite at the moment. I played Cook, Serve, Delicious for a good 7 hours. Papers, Please I scratched the surface on. Hoping to beat Infinite by tomorrow night and then start either CoJ Gunslinger or Blood Dragon.

jeez, why does GAF hate far cry 3?

ubi grinding aside it's a pretty fun game with great visuals

Such a weird hate too. The game has fantastic voice acting and good gameplay. For $7.50 I would buy it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, Farcry Blood Dragon is the first game Ubi game I've purchased on Steam. It has Uplay. What should I know about Uplay? I already hate it.

JaseC

Destiny tho

james-van-der-beek-crying-on-dawsons-creek-gif.gif

It'll happen!

So, Farcry Blood Dragon is the first game Ubi game I've purchased on Steam. It has Uplay. What should I know about Uplay? I already hate it.

Client updates can be frequent and slow circa a new release, and you'll want to back up your saves.

Sianos

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'll cross off Far Cry 3 since I just bought Blood Dragon and Call of Jaurez Gunslinger.

If you could link me to the bundle for Teleglitch that would be amazing!

nbraun80

You can earn extra cards by purchasing them from the market or, as you say, waiting for a booster drop. The higher your level, the higher your chance of receiving one (eligibility is defined by having used up all of your drops for a given title), though Valve claims that the frequency of booster drops in general is determined by the community's overall badge crafting rate. Also, for F2P games in particular, you can earn more drops by spending approximately $10 in-game. There's an FAQ you can sift through for more details.

thanks guys, I guess I skimmed through that before I just didn't know hoe that translates to peoples experiences, like hoe often have you guys gotten booster drops? Just kinda lame the only way to level up is by buying cards, and I can't do that for a month.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

games i know i want

- Far Cry 3
- Rogue's Legacy
- Risk of Rain
- Teleglitch
- Volgarr
- Legend of Dungeon
- Alpha Protocol
- Deadly Premonition

I don't really like Far Cry 3, it's just too generic open world and wears thin long before it's over.

I'd put Risk of Rain and Volgarr right at the top of your list. Both are excellent, both are challenging, both are fun. Rogue Legacy is just a bit below, then Teleglitch below that. Haven't played much Legend of Dungeon yet, it seems okay but maybe best if you plan on playing it co-op with somebody (Risk of Rain stands on its own in single player for me).

I loved Alpha Protocol but it's really flawed. Most of the gameplay is janky to broken so you might have a hard time pushing through it.

Deadly Premonition is what it is. Alpha Protocol looks the epitome of perfect gameplay execution in comparison. It's weird as hell and pretty much does whatever it wants though. Something admirable about it, but I wasn't able to actually play the game myself.

Quikies83

games i know i want

- Far Cry 3
- Rogue's Legacy
- Risk of Rain
- Teleglitch
- Volgarr
- Legend of Dungeon
- Alpha Protocol
- Deadly Premonition

- Rogue Legacy
- Volgarr
- Deadly Premonition
- Risk of Rain
- Alpha Protocol
- Far Cry 3

JaseC

thanks guys, I guess I skimmed through that before I just didn't know hoe that translates to peoples experiences, like hoe often have you guys gotten booster drops? Just kinda lame the only way to level up is by buying cards, and I can't do that for a month.

I'd say I last received one about 2-3 weeks a go. The frequency is very sporadic (I'm level 39).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
stop me from buying Injustice.

does it have a decent online community on PC?

There are a lot of other fighters on Steam that are better, cheaper, and don't feature atrocious art design or hideous characters. The community manager, that was a huge proponent in keeping the game up-to-date and competitive, is gone.

It'll also drop a lot more in the future.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Because FarCry2 came out like 3 years ago and does almost everything better B|

Skip FC3 go straight for Blood Dragon.

Well yea but FC3 is worth 7.50 on it's own merits imo

Even if you just play for a few hours to hang glide around the island and stab some sharks and shit it's a fun time. FC2 was way different.

More giveaways courtesy of recon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-368032E1E64989DA

t1388302506z1.png

Steam Community's been rather funky in that regard (e.g. my spare copies of Motor Rock are allegedly non-tradeable until January but this isn't actually the case). You can ascertain the "tradability" of items by making a trade offer -- if they don't show up then the restriction is legit.

Waaat, they do indeed show up in trade offer, glitch master have saved the day! (even if I probably never will use it anyway)

Derrick01

Banned
jeez, why does GAF hate far cry 3?

ubi grinding aside it's a pretty fun game with great visuals

Well once you eliminate all the BS ubisoft open world stuff you're left with nothing but the main story missions, and while they can be decent they're not amazing or anything. Also the fire stuff was heavily nerfed compared to FC2 outside of that one story mission where it magically worked and spread like crazy. It was just too streamlined of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom