• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Once more with feeling

ModBot said:
SUPER COMBAT RAFFLE!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pL7MD.png

Skullgirls -- MB-4AC3C6D56A933DBB
Guacamelee -- MB-9DB0EF6AA46398D5
Dark Souls -- MB-96563A370FF24117

t1388306509z1.png

Vote for Volgarr

guacamelee_03_thumb.jpg

Zia

Replaying Kentucky Route Zero as I just nabbed the Steam ver, and feeling a little sore that I can't include it in Game of the Year voting. I think it's the first game I've found as affecting and haunting on a moment-to-moment basis as a great film or book.

Radio

Damn that looks awesome.

Man. That looks cool as hell.

I need to not, though...

Man.

I still wouldn't recommend buying it, though. It's one of those things that's really cool 5% of the time, but the other 95% of the time it's a mess.

EDIT: Not to dissuade you from buying JaceC's extra copy, though. There's still a good time to be had, but my gif just represents the game at its very best, and isn't indicative of the game as a whole.

I'm on an RPG kick after marathoning the Witcher series. Just started Skyrim, very lttp with that. I'm six hours in and I have to say, I'm loving it. It's like Fallout with a medieval/fantasy setting. This game is going to eat my life.

Um...

This is quite golden. Far Cry 3 is like Skryim with guns and now Skyrim is like Fallout with a medieval/fantasy setting. Fallout must be like Far Cry 3, but with a dystopian future setting.

So good.

Cth

So SNOW has grown on me a bit since I gave my first impression. I've spent the past hour or so playing strictly in first-person, and it's quite fun even without sound. I'd be fine if they ditch 3rd-person and just focus on this view completely during development. It really could separate it from all the other "extreme sports" games.

Here's a quick gif I made:

luowgm.gif

This could be incredible to play with Oculus Rift once you're done vomiting.

Reminds me of this game:
MTB Freeride
http://www.desura.com/games/mtbfreeride

Klcn2xo.gif

denx

Hmmm if you guys could pick one game to get that pricing error which game would it have to be?
Honestly atm I can't come up with one really so it would be interesting what you guys come up with.
Fall of Cybertron.

Because seriously, I've been waiting forever for that game to go on sale but:

1 - Activision doesn't care about putting it up on sale.
2 - They don't care about lowering the base price.

If FoC had a -92% pricing error I could get it for less than 6 dollars. That needs to happen.

mannerbot

Replaying Kentucky Route Zero as I just nabbed the Steam ver, and feeling a little sore that I can't include it in Game of the Year voting. I think it's the first game I've found as affecting and haunting on a moment-to-moment basis as a great film or book.

Well, RPS picked it as their GOTY if that's any consolation.

Up!

More giveaways courtesy of recon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-368032E1E64989DA

t1388302506z1.png

Sajjaja

It's freaking crazy when you think about it. These dudes are in peak physical condition. You can't help but wonder what kind of force resulted in that.

diggler41

It's freaking crazy when you think about it. These dudes are in peak physical condition. You can't help but wonder what kind of force resulted in that.

Well when you throw really hard leg kicks and the other person checks them and gets his knee into it, it happens. Google Corey Hill. Blegh. Not good stuff. Stinks that this is probably the end of Andersons career. Between this, the Cote fight, Sonnen 1 fight, and the flying heel hook from Chonan he's been in some crazy finishes.

Garcia

FUCKING WALRUSES. They have ice wolves and kid walruses as companions so you are never fighting them alone. Plus the actual walruses themselves use darts.

The only reason i went to try to hunt one was to make the walking stick. It increases move speed when equipped and can be used as a weapon too, abeit a weaker one than a spear. However, it will never break.

I just reached Day 5. I'm loving this game!

Noogy

Ugh, my Steam library is now 497 titles deep. Need a few more to finally hit 500. I think I've booted up maybe 10% of those titles, at most.

Oh, and a huge thank you to everyone who picked up Dust:AET :)

rrs

Ugh, my Steam library is now 497 titles deep. Need a few more to finally hit 500. I think I've booted up maybe 10% of those titles, at most.

That's the Steam way: buy now play never.

It is your game, right? I'll pick it up later tonight after so many recommendations. Great job and congrats for its success.

Yep, and yes it's amazing and the combat even more so.

Volgarr's gonna lose hard, isn't it

You'll jinx it saying that.

Garcia

It is your game, right? I'll pick it up later tonight after so many recommendations. Great job and congrats for its success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom