• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

People asking about Deadpool, don't forget US/CA (?) peeps can get it for 7.99 using a 20% off coupon code on Gamefly.com.

Um...

This is quite golden. Far Cry 3 is like Skryim with guns and now Skyrim is like Fallout with a medieval/fantasy setting. Fallout must be like Far Cry 3, but with a dystopian future setting.

So good.

Skyrim and Fallout share the same game engine, they are both collectathons and the npc interactions are quite similar. Not to mention they're both made by the same company. There are many similarities between the two games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just realized SEGA is the master of stealth Halloween Steam releases. This year they released Typing of the Dead Overkill, last year they released Condemned: Criminal Origins...

Wonder what they're release next Halloween?

ChuChu Rocket with SteamWorks. At least that's my dream.

Reckoner

I just realized SEGA is the master of stealth Halloween Steam releases. This year they released Typing of the Dead Overkill, last year they released Condemned: Criminal Origins...

Valkyria Chronicles. Or maybe Bayonetta.

I wish

Grief.exe

lol

SZPOsCC.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

YA0LDyal.jpg

Sega will do what Warner can't be buggered doing because it loves making my life miserable.

schuey7

As someone who doesn't care about Deadpool at all as a character or type of humour and speaking purely from a gameplay style, even as beat-em-up it's a sub-par title that almost reaches being generic in terms of combat and gameplay. Repetitive, slightly numbing, doesn't ever really require you to ever really improve, and just tiresome if you aren't someone who will be laughing at all the things Deadpool does.

Not awful mind you, just so much more it could have been and really only something to get that if you really like the character and want to experience one of his stories. Much like I did with The Tick and Death And Return Of Superman back on the Mega Drive, knowing full well they were sub-par attempts at what Final Fight, Double Dragon, and Streets Of Rage/Bare Knuckles succeed so well at.

Thanks for the reply.Looks like I wont be getting it .

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry for not combing through pages, but last night/yesterday, did Guacamelee go for free as a flash sale?

The soundtrack was reduced to -$0.01 but nobody could jump on it as Steam is automatically set up to make paid items that have been reduced to $0.00 or lower non-purchasable, to prevent abuse.

Jørdan

I can hear the boos, yes I voted for Titan Quest. Not because it is cheaper, rather it's my main single player game just now and loving it as I am, wanted to share its joys.

@SEGA Alpha Protocol 2 kthxbai

Clawww

Damnit, I wish I'd known about that.

man

don't tell me you spent $10 on it

it's pretty butt, especially for people with a penchant for good action games.

As someone who doesn't care about Deadpool at all as a character or type of humour and speaking purely from a gameplay style, even as beat-em-up it's a sub-par title that almost reaches being generic in terms of combat and gameplay. Repetitive, slightly numbing, doesn't ever really require you to ever really improve, and just tiresome if you aren't someone who will be laughing at all the things Deadpool does.

Not awful mind you, just so much more it could have been and really only something to get that if you really like the character and want to experience one of his stories. Much like I did with The Tick and Death And Return Of Superman back on the Mega Drive, knowing full well they were sub-par attempts at what Final Fight, Double Dragon, and Streets Of Rage/Bare Knuckles succeed so well at.

this is spot on. it's just a lazy, soulless game that would probably even disappoint Deadpool fans.

Wolverine: Origins was leaps and bounds better for a reasonable comparison.

joe2187

Banned

Shenmue 3

Free 2 play card battle game.

Grief.exe

...why the pointed lack of love for Anarchy Reigns from you, Grief? : / I know I'm almost definitely in the minority on this one, but I'd rather have AR for PC than Vanquish or Bayo. :p

I honestly have no idea what it even is, I will check it out as plenty of people mentioned it today in the thread.

I did just find out about Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles this morning, which prompted this campaign.

Shenmue 3

Free 2 play card battle game.

ios

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It was actually me tweeting this that made me think about it. I was thinking about Steam releases and how I wanted Condemned 2, but then I realized Condemned 1 was stealth released last year with no fanfare of it coming out, and then Of course they did that again this year with Typing of the Dead Overkill.

Grief.exe

It was actually me tweeting this that made me think about it. I was thinking about Steam releases and how I wanted Condemned 2, but then I realized Condemned 1 was steal thed released last year with no fanfare of it coming out, and then Of course they did that again this year with Typing of the Dead Overkill.

Who knows what they are up to over there. After the success of XCOM, you would think Valkyria, after Rising, Bayonetta.

Hopefully they build them up a little rather than stealth release.

grief if you get sega to give obs the money to make alpha protocol 2 I'll port bayonetta myself

promise

Better shift the strategy then.

Did AP go on sale somewhere? Its really expensive on Steam right now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
man

don't tell me you spent $10 on it

it's pretty butt, especially for people with a penchant for good action games.

Hah, yeah I did.

I've actually played it before. I like what they did with the character, even though the gameplay is super rough. Nolan North made it for me. I didn't really enjoy it for the combat so much as the exposition and variety. It strangely liked that it felt like a low-budget title with money constraints. It felt... appropriate for Deadpool, if that makes sense? Or at least, my own view of Deadpool.

joe2187

Banned
It was actually me tweeting this that made me think about it. I was thinking about Steam releases and how I wanted Condemned 2, but then I realized Condemned 1 was steal thed released last year with no fanfare of it coming out, and then Of course they did that again this year with Typing of the Dead Overkill.

Dude, SEGA has Atlus.

Ask for RULE OF ROSE!

Grief.exe

Its interesting because Sega is the only Japanese publisher really showing positive profits and expanding right now.

The other Japanese publishers are struggling just to break even and find their place on mobile and modern consoles. Sega is somehow thriving.

Guess where they are making the majority of their profits? The PC platform.

Sixth time experiencing it (first five were the PS3 demo) and the Bioshock opening never ceases to impress. By far one of the best beginnings ever. The music, the speech, the Rapture reveal, the whole eerie and otherworldly atmosphere, it's all just perfect.

Thank god I can play this on relatively good settings. Time to finally experience Bioshock
(Unfortunately the twist is like common knowledge already...)

Tellaerin

The story of Deus Ex was trash when the game first released and has gotten worse in hindsight as the industry, and the games they produce, have matured. The importance of Deus Ex was it's approach to game play, especially in the opening level.

The story of Deus Ex was hardly trash. :p To this day I'm amazed at how Warren Spector and company were able to take a metric crapton of fringe conspiracy theories and weave them into a cyberpunk thriller that's internally consistent and hangs together surprisingly well. Storytelling techniques in games have seen advances since the original DX debuted, definitely, but there's a distinction to be drawn between the story itself and how it's told.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dude, SEGA has Atlus.

Ask for RULE OF ROSE!
Oh, them brining Rule of Rose would be amazing! But then my three copies of Rule of Rose I own would be worth less.

Also Rule of Rose has the best video game manual I have ever seen, not sure how that could translate to Steam release. Digital, maybe, but it might lose some of the charm.

Grief.exe

Did Tony reveal any more information about the January Amazon deals? I might just wait until then to move on Brothers.

Sixth time experiencing it (first five were the PS3 demo) and the Bioshock opening never ceases to impress. By far one of the best beginnings ever. The music, the speech, the Rapture reveal, it's all just perfect.

Thank god I can play this on relatively good settings. Time to finally experience Bioshock

Infinite actually has the best reveal in the series, its just magical.

Jintor

On the off chance anyone here is still looking for cards, I have 2 x #4, a #5, and a #9 to trade.

Looking for: #2, #7, #8.

PM me if you're lookin' to trade.

zkylon

zkylewd
Did AP go on sale somewhere? Its really expensive on Steam right now.

pretty sure it did, I think I saw it on gmg for like 5 bucks

Sixth time experiencing it (first five were the PS3 demo) and the Bioshock opening never ceases to impress. By far one of the best beginnings ever. The music, the speech, the Rapture reveal, the whole eerie and otherworldly atmosphere, it's all just perfect.

yup, for all its gameplay limitations you can't argue bioshock 1 knows how to make a fucking beast first impression

Clawww

Hah, yeah I did.

I've actually played it before. I like what they did with the character, even though the gameplay is super rough. Nolan North made it for me. I didn't really enjoy it for the combat so much as the exposition and variety. It strangely liked that it felt like a low-budget title with money constraints. It felt... appropriate for Deadpool, if that makes sense? Or at least, my own view of Deadpool.

fair enough

deffo has that B-movie vibe haha

I did appreciate the teleport though. very fluid. surprising touch for a game like that, even knowing it's one of deadpool's staple moves.

Did Tony reveal any more information about the January Amazon deals? I might just wait until then to move on Brothers.

Infinite actually has the best reveal in the series, its just magical.
I liked Infinite's reveal, but I still think Bioshock's is the best. The title shifting from clean to weathered, surfacing amidst the fire and wreckage, the mystery and desperation of the whole thing, descending into the depths with Ryan's speech, the wonder of Rapture mixed with the hints of decay and the feeling that something isn't right

IMO, Bioshock is the better opening of the two

joe2187

Banned
Once more with feeling

ModBot said:
SUPER COMBAT RAFFLE!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

pL7MD.png

Skullgirls -- MB-4AC3C6D56A933DBB
Guacamelee -- MB-9DB0EF6AA46398D5
Dark Souls -- MB-96563A370FF24117

t1388306509z1.png

Vote for Volgarr

QvoWmcj.jpg

Skyrim and Fallout share the same game engine, they are both collectathons and the npc interactions are quite similar. Not to mention they're both made by the same company. There are many similarities between the two games.

I know that. That was the purpose of my post. I just found it funny to say that the Elder Scrolls is like a medieval Fallout 3 when the Elder Scrolls came first. Generally the comparison is made the other way around. In the same vein as how several publications said that Far Cry 3 was like Skyrim with guns -- it would have made more sense to just say it's like Fallout 3 (the original Skyrim with guns).

It was just a dumb facetious joke.

Jintor

sandboxing my browser appears to have the following weird effects for steam:

a) cookies don't stick so you have to re-steam guard every time (i think)
b) it's in fucking norweigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom