• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmon

I know that. That was the purpose of my post. I just found it funny to say that the Elder Scrolls is like a medieval Fallout 3 when the Elder Scrolls came first. Generally the comparison is made the other way around. In the same vein as how several publications said that Far Cry 3 was like Skyrim with guns -- it would have made more sense to just say it's like Fallout 3 (the original Skyrim with guns).

It was just a dumb facetious joke.

I played Fallout years ago and I'm playing Skyrim now, so it makes sense in my situation to say Skyrim is like Fallout.

Knurek

I hope that Noogy gets enough Steam/GOG monies from Dust sales to fully fund Dust: Hawkmony of Dissonance and Dust: Aria of Sparrow

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
So SNOW has grown on me a bit since I gave my first impression. I've spent the past hour or so playing strictly in first-person, and it's quite fun even without sound. I'd be fine if they ditch 3rd-person and just focus on this view completely during development. It really could separate it from all the other "extreme sports" games.

Here's a quick gif I made:

luowgm.gif

This could be incredible to play with Oculus Rift once you're done vomiting.

Huh, that looks interesting. Is that the one that's going to be free later?

Reminds me of this game:
MTB Freeride
http://www.desura.com/games/mtbfreeride

Klcn2xo.gif

That also looks like it has potential. Maybe allow for STEM sensors attached to the pedals of a stationary bike?

Grief.exe

Thanks, had a feeling it was Persona related, but didn't recognize the characters.

You haven't played Dark Souls?

So SNOW has grown on me a bit since I gave my first impression. I've spent the past hour or so playing strictly in first-person, and it's quite fun even without sound. I'd be fine if they ditch 3rd-person and just focus on this view completely during development. It really could separate it from all the other "extreme sports" games.

Here's a quick gif I made:

luowgm.gif

This could be incredible to play with Oculus Rift once you're done vomiting.

You just don't appreciate the sense of speed from the third person perspective.

Anustart

I think a lot of the love I have for the witcher 2 is it's believable world within the context of the lore. A couple areas that have stood out for me is the tomb/crypt near Vergen and just about the whole of the forest around flotsam, but I particularly liked the elven garden. I'd also give a nod to the mine in Vergen, as I thought it was pretty great as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone else ever made the mistake of "buying" Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Just got a big pop up warning that since my sub expired it was being removed from my Steam account/library. Never had that happen with any game before, and yes it took my game count down by one, so it actually removed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Morning, whats been happening?

Injustice wins to taunt me once more, and Volgar is up for vote to disapoint me when it loses? Sounds about right for this sale

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GAF, thoughts?

NteIWT7.png

celebi23

Figured I'd throw this list in this topic too
Here are my extra trading cards:
Portal 2:
Finale

Faerie Solitaire:
Stolen Magic
Fate's Grasp
Dark Warden

Anodyne:
Slime
Fisherman

Dota 2:
Vengeful Spirit (x2)

FTL:
Stealth Cruiser
Federation Cruiser (x2)

Shadow Warrior:
Birdman

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux:
Serpent God (x2)

Holiday Sale 2013:
Snow Globe #2 (x2)
Snow Globe #5 (x2)

What I need:
Shadow Warrior:
Lo Wang
Berserker
Crawler
Shaman

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux:
Lo Wang

Holiday Sale 2013:
Snow Globe #1
Snow Globe #7
Snow Globe #9

Team Fortress 2:
Demoman
Medic

Don’t Starve:
Maxwell
Wilson

SteamWorld Dig:
Rusty
Dorothy McCrank
Lola

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested in trading. I currently have my extra cards up for sale in the marketplace right now so, shoot me a PM if you might be interested and I'll put them aside. Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone else ever made the mistake of "buying" Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Just got a big pop up warning that since my sub expired it was being removed from my Steam account/library. Never had that happen with any game before, and yes it took my game count down by one, so it actually removed.

I had a feeling that would happen as the only purchase options available were subscription-based, so I cast it aside. The base game should be separate to the subs, like EVE Online.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my cards arent showing up in the market since yesterday, even when I repost them. Thats fun :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

... the game is holding your game count ransom in exchange for continued payments. Man, they know how to target you collector types, don't they?!

The story of Deus Ex was trash when the game first released and has gotten worse in hindsight as the industry, and the games they produce, have matured. The importance of Deus Ex was it's approach to game play, especially in the opening level.

LOL

Deus Ex was remarkably prescient in a way few video games have accomplished (via its treatment of terrorist attacks and paranoia in the information age), the themes it covered lasted longer than most examples of the genre, and the story it told was very consistent and filled with twists.

Not only that, but (if you've actually played the game for any amount of time) it's a story which actually molds itself based on the player doing things that are out of the ordinary. Not only do you have different options for approaching situations, but the story also recognizes when you either glitch through areas (Liberty Island UNATCO gas grenade trick) or changes the plot based on certain decisions (
killing Anna Navarre on the plane[/spoiler}).

As a cyberpunk thriller, there are still very few games that can match Deus Ex's level of polish and sophistication.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you set it to display only when there are three or more pages? Having it present when there are two seems unnecessary as it's functionally identical to just clicking the "Next" button.

Good point. It's currently hidden if there is only one but yeah that makes more sense :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
... the game is holding your game count ransom in exchange for continued payments. Man, they know how to target you collector types, don't they?!

And when the Steam Machine brings Valve down and we have to pay $14.99 per game in our library every month to access them you will all know how I feel.

Garcia

I have no idea how did that happen but I spent 2 hours playing "Don't Starve" without even noticing. Reached day 14 before some bees attacked me, lol.

I must recommend this game to anyone who's still hesitant.

It is basically a survival game. Much like Minecraft, you're thrown into some random land where you have to gather resources in order to craft better weapons and upgrades.

I had no idea it was going to be this good and addictive.

Momentary

Banned
Man, Injustice is the only Steam fighting game I don't own. I feel like I'd be doing the fighting game community on Steam an "injustice" by not purchasing it right now.

Card Boy

Banned
Man, Injustice is the only Steam fighting game I don't own. I feel like I'd be doing the fighting game community on Steam an "injustice" by not purchasing it right now.

What community? Before the sale noone was playing it plus it has the same shit netcode as MK Komplete on PC. Better off getting it on console.

Rhaknar

this is exactly what I feel, game has been on sale everywhere the last week or so taunting me

joe2187

Banned
Guacamelee key. There were 81 entrants.
Dark Souls key. There were 91 entrants.

...does this mean no one entered for skullgirls?

curlycare

Oh why didn't I buy Völgarr from Humble Store. It has very little chance to win the vote, since Steam community usually fails these. :/

So, I bought DmC; Devil May Cry while it was on sale. I misjudged the game from the previews. It's actually a pretty great entry above 2 and 4 but below 1 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom