• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

LOL

Deus Ex was remarkably prescient in a way few video games have accomplished (via its treatment of terrorist attacks and paranoia in the information age), the themes it covered lasted longer than most examples of the genre, and the story it told was very consistent and filled with twists.

Not only that, but (if you've actually played the game for any amount of time) it's a story which actually molds itself based on the player doing things that are out of the ordinary. Not only do you have different options for approaching situations, but the story also recognizes when you either glitch through areas (Liberty Island UNATCO gas grenade trick) or changes the plot based on certain decisions (
killing Anna Navarre on the plane
).

As a cyberpunk thriller, there are still very few games that can match Deus Ex's level of polish and sophistication.

*cyberspace brofist*

Just popping in after finishing Brothers to say: if you're at all interested, it would behoove you to purchase and enjoy this 3-4 hour experience.

If on the other hand you are not interested: you lack a heart, but this game may help you to grow one, Grinch-style.

1) Is SimCity still a steaming pile of crap or should I buy it?
2) Anybody know anything about Nuveem? Crusader Kings II is ~$6 there but I'm weary about buying a game from a website in a different language. Also dunno if there are country based restrictions.

Man, Injustice is the only Steam fighting game I don't own. I feel like I'd be doing the fighting game community on Steam an "injustice" by not purchasing it right now.

I still feel it's a bit stiff, but it's a great game. Probably my favorite fighting game this year, even though it's kind of weird to get used to on a stick. The roster is perfect, the supers are endlessly entertaining, and most importantly everything feels far more snappy and fluid than it did in Mortal Kombat (last Netherrealms game I played).

2) Anybody know anything about Nuveem? Crusader Kings II is ~$6 there but I'm weary about buying a game from a website in a different language. Also dunno if there are country based restrictions.

Nuveem is a very reliable online store, don't be afraid. there're no restrictions, but afaik there're some steam keys region locked, for example Saints Row IV, though you could use any VPN software to activate it on Steam

Zawa

Neo Member
Disappointing that KOF didn't win. I still have 15€ to spend and I don't know what I want. Missed the Borderlands 2 deal, hope there will be a encore sale...

zkylon

zkylewd
1) Is SimCity still a steaming pile of crap or should I buy it?

nuuvem is really decent, bought from them a bunch of times and they've never failed me

if you got any questions just tweet them, they reply to questions in english relatively quick

koma

They should really have more variety in these sales, many games on Daily where already on sales in Community or Flash and vice-versa, there are still lots of games that were not on sales yet :(

Vee_One

Titan Quest is one of those games that I can't understand how people don't own it already.

Like why did L4D2 crash Steam? Who the hell didn't already own that ; _ ;

-MD-

I knew Volgarr wouldn't win but wow at titanquest getting 45% of the votes. Hasn't that game been given out like candy on giveaway sites, included in bundles and almost always like $1-3?

Steam voters are the worst. People are so dumb it hurts.

tmespe

piece of shit titan quest won -_-

Are you kidding me? Titan Quest?

Titan Quest won? Volgarr with only 20%???

I'M FED UP WITH THIS WORLD.
Are people still surprised that the best games on the vote always lose? It's been happening since day one.

Edit: And yes I only got a gaming pc for the first time in 10 years a couple of months ago, and I have gotten like 5 copies of Titan quest over the years. I don't know how anyone doesn't have that game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
highest percentage discount
lowest overall price after discount
highest reviews of the three
most famous of the three
more people on steam playing it right now, years and years after release

*shock and surprise that Titan Quest won*

Oreoleo

Just popping in after finishing Brothers to say: if you're at all interested, it would behoove you to purchase and enjoy this 3-4 hour experience.

If on the other hand you are not interested: you lack a heart, but this game may help you to grow one, Grinch-style.

I just finished it. Great game, fantastic pacing, pitch perfect ending. People should definitely play it.

and if those dailys leaked are true nothing except flash will be worth it to me tommorrow and Monday
cant rely on community cause they have shit taste

AxeMan

All this talk of Brothers had me about to buy it.
Then I read that I need a controller to play it??

Whats up with that? It's a PC game right? I'm a PC. I'm not bound by a controllers restrictions.
Console games don't require a KB/M to play

-MD-

All this talk of Brothers had me about to buy it.
Then I read that I need a controller to play it??

Whats up with that? It's a PC game right? I'm a PC. I'm not bound by a controllers restrictions.
Console games don't require a KB/M to play

It's the type of game it is. How do you not have a controller for platformers n shit?

I bought a fuckin Dualshock 4 and I don't even own a PS4, I just needed dat dpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom