• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Still playing Don't Starve. God, what an awesome game!

Already garnered 4 deaths and I absolutely love it's trial and error approach. Much like Dark Souls. Each time you die you end up being wiser and able to overcome new obstacles.

4 hours in and counting.

Holy shit what is with the actual hate for Titan Quest as a game?

I understand being disappointed it won if you wanted something else, or because it is cheap very often, but Titan Quest is a great fucking game.
Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 are superior though
and one of them is free
FREE

Dec

Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 are superior though
and one of them is free
FREE

I disagree.

Torchlight 2 especially. Really bad character customization and some gameplay jank that really bugged me.

I beat PoE 3 times during beta and while I enjoy it, I think the class system in Titan Quest is better than PoE's passive trees, and I prefer the art style and theme of Titan Quest much more. PoE also had some desync issues that were purely because of it's MMO/F2P structure.

Bri

This is over 10 pages late (just woke up), but thanks for Limbo, Bri! I don't take part in many giveaways because at the moment I have most of the stuff I really want the most, but didn't remember to get Limbo. It always seemed very cool to me.

It's my pleasure!

_hekk05

Banned
Still playing Don't Starve. God, what an awesome game!

Already garnered 4 deaths and I absolutely love it's trial and error approach. Much like Dark Souls. Each time you die you end up being wiser and able to overcome new obstacles.

4 hours in and counting.

Have you seen your first giant tree yet? If not, chop more wood. Its a magical experience.

Also winter is brutal

Garcia

Have you seen your first giant tree yet? If not, chop more wood. Its a magical experience.

Also winter is brutal

Still haven't but I'll definitely take your advice.

I just found some manure for the first time and am about to finally plant me some seeds. I've been wandering for 15 minutes having strong hallucinations and still haven't found the cure. I like the challenge and how it pushes you into experimenting everything: from sleeping, to eating random stuff, you name it.

More people should buy it at that price, it is well worth it.

Yeah...I really dread the time I've spent playing the game just for the sake of finishing it.

I usually do my best to finish the games I start but I just couldn't finish Alice. The damn level that made me quit just wouldn't end. It's a shame because it looked so nice but the people that made the game really need a lesson on pacing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brothers

Noooooo giant baby bird chimeara thing dont die :(

Am I almost done?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also PM me if you want the $12.50 Australian version. I'm not sure what is different but it must have a heap of extra content or something.

Exclusive Aussie Tax costume: A wifebeater, boardshorts and a pair of thongs, with a VB stubby in place of the Hobby Horse.

_hekk05

Banned
Still haven't but I'll definitely take your advice.

I just found some manure for the first time and am about to finally plant me some seeds. I've been wandering for 15 minutes having strong hallucinations and still haven't found the cure. I like the challenge and how it pushes you into experimenting everything: from sleeping, to eating random stuff, you name it.

More people should buy it at that price, it is well worth it.

Yeah hallucinations. There's one type that reaches into your fire and will attempt to snuff it out, so always keep your fire roaring if you are having hallucinations.

Once you hit a certain point, rabbits turn into monsters, but don't attack you. You can get beards off them, and its the only way to do so if you are not playing wilson.

Also, once you hit a certain point, the hallucinations become real.

My advice: Don't hit that point.

Also, the up or down arrow on your brain icon means your sanity is increasing or decreasing. There's usually a reason its doing so. You can keep your sanity reasonable once you know how.

jediyoshi

sf6TYDW.png

- Origin 2013

Lost Planet 3 feels like it's some bad eighties sci-fi movie mashed up with a mediocre third person shooter. You're playing a space trucker, with a shotgun.

liezryou

Woooo long live the queen. Also if GAFfers need help in getting the US price for alice, you can add me or message me.

Did i miss anything in the last 8 hours?

Tellaerin

Maybe I missed something but it seems like this game is dramatically inferior to, say, Waves, if you're looking for a twinstick space shooter.

Waves is already on my wishlist. : ) I've just been trying to decide whether I ought to go ahead and get it now so I can play it, or hold off a little longer on the outside chance that it'll end up as a flash sale.

Dec

For some reason Gotham City Imposters cards are like 40 cents each. Made over $1 idling it.

I liked the game on release but I assume it's completely dead by now anyways.

Garcia

Long live the Queen sounds like one of the most bizarre things ever (I had no idea it existed) Any similar games to it? I see it has a LOT of positive reviews in its hub.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Help

I am ashamed (for many reasons).

I'm only a Steam level 4 user, and all the community votes I've cast have netted me zero cards (they're being saved up until I'm level 5, but they'll melt in a few days). So I need to get to level 5 pronto.

What's the easiest way to gain another 100 XP (without spending loads of cash on more games)?
Is it east to get the 100 XP by collecting cards in the following games I've not yet played:
Bastion
Long Live The Queen
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider

Thanks

Danielsan

Help

I'm only a Steam level 4 user, and all the community votes I've cast have netted me zero cards (they're being saved up until I'm level 5, but they'll melt in a few days). So I need to get to level 5 pronto.

What's the easiest way to gain another 100 XP (without spending loads of cash on more games)?
Is it east to get the 100 XP by collecting cards in the following games I've not yet played:
Bastion
Long Live The Queen
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider

Thanks
You get 100 XP for creating one badge. I would suggest getting all the cards from your games. Then sell some cards from one game to buy the cards for another to complete its set.

Help

Bastion
Long Live The Queen
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider

Thanks

Buy some cheap cards from the marketplace and craft some badges.

Danj

Is long live the Queen good? I've been hearing good things, but I want more information about it.

You get to dress up a pretty princess.

Think of it sort of like an jRPG without combat or a party. You have to balance your character's mood and build their skills and relationships to survive. It's pretty fun.

So what is Long Live the Queen?

I watched the trailer and still have no idea.

an entirely new genre i just made up
tactical princess Fatality Simulator RPG

Just finished my first game, got killed by bandits on the way to a friend's birthday party :/

It's actually pretty well done I thought, though it would be real useful if there were more options for mood management.

_hekk05

Banned
You get 100 XP for creating one badge. I would suggest getting all the cards from your games. Then sell some cards from one game to buy the cards for another to complete its set.

Do you still get the trading card beta tester achievement if you get the invite now? Its 100 exp

Just woke up and saw that Volgarr didn't win the vote. I voted for it seeing as gaffers wanted it, but oh well. Hopefully it ends up on flash sale for you guys who missed out.

EVERYONE buy Long Live The Queen. Calling it a "tactical princess Fatality Simulator RPG" seems fitting. The basic premise is that Elodie (the princess) is trying to maneuver her way to the throne of the Nova kingdom without getting squashed, poisoned, assassinated or conquered. Upgrading her skills can change the outcomes of several events interspersed throughout the game in your favor and leveling up enough can even unlock special clothing that boosts your stats in particular areas. So far I've been poisoned and beaten in war. I feel like it's my Reccetear this year in the sense that it's completely new territory for me and I only get to play it because of Steam and SteamGAF shoutouts. So far I'm only three hours in, but I'm expecting to triple that by the end of January.
Among my FL on Steam- it's probably the game most bought during this sale.
You got good friends.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lost Planet 3 feels like it's some bad eighties sci-fi movie mashed up with a mediocre third person shooter. You're playing a space trucker, with a shotgun.

that part just makes it sound amazing :p

AxeMan

Just finished my first play through of LLTQ.

I knew I shouldn't have accepted the invitation to a party and brushed up on battlefield medicine.

Serves me right for playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom