• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

Thanks. It's weird, on my badges page it says:
Pillar of Community
0 XP

Maybe that means I've got 0 XP so far, but on the same page it says
Long live the Queen
Princess Ingenue
100 XP

So I'm doing the community stuff, and to that end...
would someone be my friend please :)

No
Link to your profile?

Jintor

I just realised all the snowglobes have sick-ass high res art if you look at them on the badges page. I mean, look at this stuff.

1206a9bb9825f298576e623a00ffe3293c709e82.jpg

Steam really should surface that better somehow.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Few, done the Pillar, got the 100 XP, reached level 5.
You have to complete enough tasks to unlock 100 exp, complete 22 out of 26 to unlock another 100 exp
You are of course correct :) It's just weird that the other items showed how many XP you'd get once you'd completed the objectives, but this one shows how many you've earned before you complete it.

Fair enough.
Link to your profile?
Er - let me see how to do that...

Ok, added to my profile - I hope

Eeh if you really want to know you can check the wiki. Otherwise just keep experimenting. I know for a fact that if your archery + reflexes > 100, you can dodge the arrow.

Oh sure, I know I could look this stuff up online but that removes all the discovery when playing this type of game.

As for my second time dying I couldn't remember what checks it made except for the battlefield medical stuff so I boosted that up high enough since the first time she was brain dead enough to reason out that pushing an arrow through her organs would be the best option. But having higher archery and reflexes does seem like a good way of dodging the problem before it hits, heh.

I'll toy around on it some more here and there.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I thought I could escape, then a wild Skyrim for £3.74 happened, and now I've just bought everything on my Wish List. OUCH!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised all the snowglobes have sick-ass high res art if you look at them on the badges page. I mean, look at this stuff.

Every card has its own high-res image, though some devs put more effort into this than others. Poke around Steam Card Exchange if you're curious.

Facism

Everyone needs to buy Dust: An Elysian Tale. It's one of the best Steam releases this year. The game is fantastic in all aspects. The graphics, the art style, the music, the sound, the gameplay, everything is just top notch and out of my 1093 games I actually finished Dust with not a single regret.

The PC port is magnificent. There are so many settings in the options it's insane. You can adjust the hud, post processing, weather effects, depth of field, potrait quality and much more. Dust is one of the best PC ports of all time in my eyes. And the huge thing is that the game is made by one man (music is made by some other aweome people), but everything else than the music is made by one person, and he is Noogy and he is a GAFfer.

Dust is such an awesome game at every aspect and I recommend everyone to buy the game before it ends as a daily deal (and at 75% off it is a steal).

Buy it from Steam, Amazon, GOG whatever. It needs to be played and Noogy and Dust deserves every bit of attention for this magnificent masterpiece of a game.

dust-an-elysian-tail-xbox-360-1345475788-017.jpeg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236090/

I like the game, but the furry artsyle is really distracting.

_hekk05

Banned
Oh sure, I know I could look this stuff up online but that removes all the discovery when playing this type of game.

As for my second time dying I couldn't remember what checks it made except for the battlefield medical stuff so I boosted that up high enough since the first time she was brain dead enough to reason out that pushing an arrow through her organs would be the best option. But having higher archery and reflexes does seem like a good way of dodging the problem before it hits, heh.

Unless i remember wrongly, you test battlefield medicine to not pull the damn arrow out of your guts. Then you test composure so you don't panic and do something stupid. if you fail composure, you test meditation to prevent yourself from doing something stupid. if you fail that too, you do something stupid and die.

Arthea

Can I give you an advice? Pay attention to flags (tests), you usually need to check only one to pass an event, especially at the beginning, remembering which ones were required, really helps in other playthroughs.

hohoXD123

Few, done the Pillar, got the 100 XP, reached level 5.You are of course correct :) It's just weird that the other items showed how many XP you'd get once you'd completed the objectives, but this one shows how many you've earned before you complete it.

Fair enough.
Er - let me see how to do that...

Ok, added to my profile - I hope

Where? Just copy the URL of your profile page and post it here.

Garcia

OMG I won Dont Starve! Thank you so much Cloudius12! Been having a really shitty month (personal troubles), this just feels like I might've finally caught a break!
Managed to beat 26 other entrants...hopefully my luck is turning.

Thx again :-D

Congrats! You will absolutely love Don't Starve.

Fireblend

Banned
I like the game, but the furry artsyle is really distracting.
It bothered me a bit at first, but now it's easily for me one of the best games I played this year. Beat it in like 3 sessions, I couldn't resist playing it. It has one of the smoothest combat "systems" I've seen in a 2D gake and the RPG-lite elements are pretty decent.

It pains me to see people hesitant to play it because of the artstyle. This game deserves as much attention from Metroidvania fans as a new Metroid would get.

Roshin

No more hallucinations for me in Don't Starve :D.

Silly me, I was eating my food RAW and not sleeping at all.

Onto my 6th try, getting ready to explore the world even further now that I know what I need to survive.

...and that's usually when you discover the joys of winter. :)

Beelzebubs

Everyone needs to buy Dust: An Elysian Tale. It's one of the best Steam releases this year. The game is fantastic in all aspects. The graphics, the art style, the music, the sound, the gameplay, everything is just top notch and out of my 1093 games I actually finished Dust with not a single regret.

The PC port is magnificent. There are so many settings in the options it's insane. You can adjust the hud, post processing, weather effects, depth of field, potrait quality and much more. Dust is one of the best PC ports of all time in my eyes. And the huge thing is that the game is made by one man (music is made by some other aweome people), but everything else than the music is made by one person, and he is Noogy and he is a GAFfer.

Dust is such an awesome game at every aspect and I recommend everyone to buy the game before it ends as a daily deal (and at 75% off it is a steal).

Buy it from Steam, Amazon, GOG whatever. It needs to be played and Noogy and Dust deserves every bit of attention for this magnificent masterpiece of a game.

Okayyyyyy seeing as you asked nicely ;)

_hekk05

Banned
Alice is the strangest pricing on Steam, what the hell still 12,50???

Its 4.99 USD. I'm in SEA but I enjoy US prices.

Where? Just copy the URL of your profile page and post it here.

I think he means he added it to his gaf profile.

...and that's usually when you discover the joys of winter. :)

It's fine. I've imparted some words of wisdom on winter. Specifically the fields of rabbits trick.

yatesl

Anyone want to swap cards? I need #1, #4, and #8. I have spares of #2, #3 #7 and #9.

I know I should be selling these, but I'm so close.

Just did. Because i read your post with Sayid's accent

Roshin

This hasn't happened in years, but I actually have a pain in my right hand after playing too much Risk of Rain. I use a 360 pad and maybe I tense up (very likely) or hold it at an odd angle, I love that game, but goddamn the difficulty.

HoosTrax

It's still a bit strange seeing the Steam mascots draw with a 3D art style. And with mouths.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

That was my first card and almost convinced me to buy XCOM because of the art. It's great. I really like this one for Surgeon Simulator too:

Jintor

That was my first card and almost convinced me to buy XCOM because of the art. It's great. I really like this one for Surgeon Simulator too:

you should buy xcom because it's a rad-ass game (subject to the "WAIT FOR THE DAILIES YOU BASTARD" standard rule).

Anyway, I need a #7, willing to trade a #4 or #5 for it. PM me quickly cos I'm about to collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom