• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Been idling for cards today and yesterday and I'm up to $10! Undecided what to spend it on.

Spent enough on the sale, time to get a freebie.

u5gtqmu.png

blasphemy

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I sold all my snow-globe cards for petty cents.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- MB-5DF32FE1D480BE12 - Taken by wetflame. 9 entrants total.

t1388335628z1.png
Here you go!
And stop talking about Long Live The Queen, you're tempting me and I spent already too much (for my budget!)

Ganzor

So guys i'm still pretty new on Gaf but i like what you people are doing in this thread. I felt a certain giveaway where missing so here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Brothers -- MB-2660CA556ECB8E79 - Taken by gngf123. 81 entrants total.

t1388335313z1.png

I've been on Steam since June and got up to find my first ever booster pack and only my second ever foil waiting for me :D.

That was my first card and almost convinced me to buy XCOM because of the art. It's great. I really like this one for Surgeon Simulator too:

"almost"?! :/
"ALMOST"?!?!!1111!!!!! >:|

Seriously though I highly recommend XCOM :). I am re-playing it at the moment and it has sucked me right back into it again. It's sooooo good :D. There is a demo on Steam so I commend that to you. It's the very first mission in the game proper so is very simple but will give you a tiny taste of what the game offers. If carefully moving your squad into the best tactical positions in anticipation of a firefight and all that flows from that sounds fun to you [I adore it] then do yourself a favour and give the demo a whirl. If not for FTL this would be my favourite game on Steam.

Danielsan

Finished Gunpoint. What an awesome game. The jumping mechanic never gets old. It also somehow reminded me of Ghost Trick.

And that makes 3 games finished in 2 days time (Gone Home, Brothers and Gunpoint).

Darkroronoa

Rouge legacy is really hard. How many tries on average did it take for you guys to finish it?

It took me 11:36 hours and 107 tries.
I did not found it hard,sure i died a lot but it felt okay because when you finish it there is a new game+ and when you try it then you will understand why the first playthrough is actually easy.....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the globes for?

Globalisation. The page is in regard to trading cards in general, but just about everything regarding badge crafting and profile experience is relevant to promotional cards such as the snow globes -- the key differences are that crafting a snow globe badge nets you a promotional item rather than a discount coupon, you earn a card for every $10 spent/for every three Community's Choice votes you cast (as opposed to playing a game), and apparently neither the regular badge nor the foil badge have a level cap.

Edit: Oh, and the snow globe cards have an expiration date (January 3rd @ 11am PST), which is a first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

RS4-

I have Brothers, but does someone want it in trade for Long Live the Queen?

I'll throw in Snow Globe 1 and 10, or a game thats 50c or something that you want lol.

Slyjss

I hope Pixeljunk Eden wins this Community vote. I played it a while ago on PSN and it's gorgeous, visually one of my favourite games of the gen. Also, Really Big Sky is 75% compared to the 80% of the Community.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really liking State of Decay, only played like 45mins or so. Lots of cool little mechanics, even if its all a bit janky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom