• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
So do the snow globe cards go poof after the sale or are they always in your inventory? Can't use the marketplace so I didn't know if I should wait to sell or just trade them off now.
"Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST."

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Have you tried selling it via the steam site?

I'm on the Steam site, that's the message I keep getting. The cookies message is for the Steam client. I haven't tried selling anything, I'll go try to sell an extra real quick.

EDIT: "There was a problem listing your item. Refresh the page and try again." Doesn't matter if the page is new.

Deques

Thought I'd spend multiple cents on some globes to get the XP needed to level up to 5, but I get this notice for everything I try to buy.
buYGXzZ.png

Trying it on the Steam client tells me I might not have cookies enabled... what? Why aren't they letting me spend my money on this pointless shit?

If you tried to buy the first cheapest card then you most likely get that error, because they are sold very fast

I have a spare #4 to trade. I need a #5.

If you can do this trade, just add me (my steam account name is the same as this, but my profile name is Mallomar, so that's probably what it will show in your friends list) and invite to trade there. Thanks.

Quixzlizx

I'm pretty salty that Titan Quest won the community vote over Volgarr and SotS. I feel like it won just on name recognition.

Right now it's the same price as on the developer website.
\/\/\/

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, I had no idea there was a 10% "Holiday Sale 2013" fee. Is a "fee for this badge" charged for all card transactions? And presumably that goes to Valve? But why would that be separate from the Steam transaction fee...

I apologize if fees being charged over and above the Steam transaction fee is old hat; I don't sell anything so I'm unfamiliar with the fee structure.

Forkball

Beat Long Live the Queen on my third try AWWW YEAH. Pretty fun game, it really is like a moe Game of Thrones. There seem to be a lot of branching paths and endings, definitely a game that encourages replays. I recommend it if it interests you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Brothers. Man, that was really enjoyable. Probably could have used an extra scenario or two since I wrapped it up in about 2 and half hours. As far as the story,
I expected the big brother to die and that's what happened, despite the predictability the way the aftermath was played out was pretty moving. Having to bury him was pretty morbid, actually. I tried wiggling the left stick as I was dragging him with little bro and nothing happened. I got excited when the little owl griffon dude showed up (this thing is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen, the sound it makes <3), I thought that might mean there's a way for things to come back to life but it didn't play out that way. Using big bro to swim that section was a nice touch and having to redo the first section solo... right in the feels, man. It occured to me right at the end that neither the mother nor older brother are in buried beneath their tombstones, then I felt bad for the dad. The ending would have came on a bit stronger had the game not been as short but I reckon it was still pretty strong.

Pretty good game, handling two characters is novel and fairly well executed I think. A bit difficult initially when I couldn't keep track of what I was pushing when. At least I can see where people are coming from when they say its one of the best things they've ever played. Still dumbfounded by Gone Home though

your impressions are almost the same as mine earlier, /highfive

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Wow, I had no idea there was a 10% "Holiday Sale 2013" fee. Is a "fee for this badge" charged for all card transactions? And presumably that goes to Valve? But why would that be separate from the Steam transaction fee...

I apologize if fees being charged over and above the Steam transaction fee is old hat; I don't sell anything so I'm unfamiliar with the fee structure.

That fee exists on all trading card transactions; it normally goes to the game developer, but since there's no game, it just kind of exists and goes to Valve. (To be fair, it goes to Valve if you buy/sell L4D2 cards and such too.) I've kinda just gotten numb to it; when you sell stuff, it's gonna cost like 2-3 cents more than what you're selling it for. I just kinda shrug it off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man State of Decay is kind of overwhelming, so many things happen at once :(

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
That fee exists on all trading card transactions; it normally goes to the game developer, but since there's no game, it just kind of exists and goes to Valve. (To be fair, it goes to Valve if you buy/sell L4D2 cards and such too.) I've kinda just gotten numb to it; when you sell stuff, it's gonna cost like 2-3 cents more than what you're selling it for. I just kinda shrug it off.
Huh, I thought the developer fee was taken out of the price of the card. So if you sold a card for $0.18 (for example), you'd see $0.16 of that money and $0.02 would go to the developer. You learn something every day. Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned
man State of Decay is kind of overwhelming, so many things happen at once :(

Just imagine if it was an actual crpg. I find when you're first learning the game it can be overwhelming but it's pretty easy to fall into a pattern where you're well stocked in most of the categories and it's easy to keep morale pretty high.

I'm really hoping dead state is far deeper and better balanced, which it should be since it's a crpg. They tend to focus more on the RPG side than the action side, which is what SoD focuses on.

Doomedfool

I'm pretty salty that Titan Quest won the community vote over Volgarr and SotS. I feel like it won just on name recognition.

Right now it's the same price as on the developer website.
\/\/\/

Yeah. Was hoping to buy Volgarr when I woke up this morning. I'll probably still get it at some point at it's current price before the end of the sale daily if it doesn't hit a flash or daily.

Lain

i've been a steam member for 10 years and i'm only just now breaking 200 games. y'all are beasts.

I reached the 2 years badge yesterday, and with the amount of games I have amassed in such a short time, I feel I need to learn more restraint... but those bundles and the sale discounts and low prices just beckon me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom