• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I don't doubt that there's at least one Valve employee here on GAF. Keeping that detail a secret is a wise move considering one would otherwise become the go-to person whenever there's an issue. Oh, and not to mention the Half-Life 3 harassment. :p

You have nooooooooo idea, but still, there should be someone, you hear Valve!
2UG4D.gif

Later on you can
have your own relatives executed and lead your own Navy into battle and rain magical fire down upon your foes. Or sing at a tournament. Or duel at a tournament. Or have bards spy for you.
Mostly though you will die horribly on the way to your coronation.
Oh my God

I've been spoiled and I don't even care. I need to reach these points.

Jawmuncher

Played a bit of Don't Starve only survived 3 days since I was just messing around.
Regardless was actually liking it quite a bit. Will probably hop back to it once in awhile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just imagine if it was an actual crpg. I find when you're first learning the game it can be overwhelming but it's pretty easy to fall into a pattern where you're well stocked in most of the categories and it's easy to keep morale pretty high.

I'm really hoping dead state is far deeper and better balanced, which it should be since it's a crpg. They tend to focus more on the RPG side than the action side, which is what SoD focuses on.

Im pretty sure I need to stop playing it like Assassins Creed where Im trying to clear everything on the map before tackling the missions, but all Im doing is getting resources I dont need atm, and most importantly, tiring all my dudes out, and now everyone is wasted and I got a bunch of hordes everywhere and infestations.

Also, tackling infestations with no backup doesnt seem like a smart thing.

Also also...and Im going to be controversial here (lol), but I think the game looks quite nice on ultra, at least during the day time. Its night and day compared to the 360 version on the giantbomb quicklook thats for sure

Eusis

What's with the (sporadic) Titan Quest hate? I also wanted Volgarr to win, but Titan Quest is the best Diablo-like game after Diablo 2.
I think at it's root it's the fact it's a bit old and thanks to the THQ bundle and generous past sales many of us already got it whereas the other two games are newer and you're less likely to have. Got all three already so it's more "welp, I voted for Skulls of the Shogun at least!" here and being generally baffled that many STILL wanted it. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though by people that owned it or even the other two too just because they liked Titan Quest most.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't think they updated yet today. It's usually been around now though.

they have, the blog is up, its mostly a bunch of bundle-level games (star wolves, stuff like that). Alien Rage is 75% off and its not shown on the blog or on any of the site banners.

And for example, the blog says Expedition Conquistadors is on sale today...when its been on sale for the last 2 days lol. GMG is nice for discounts but the site itself is a mess.

Danj

Is there any kind of walkthrough for Long Live The Queen? I've tried a few times now but I've been various shot with arrows by bandits or poisoned by poisoned chocolates.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So SNOW has grown on me a bit since I gave my first impression. I've spent the past hour or so playing strictly in first-person, and it's quite fun even without sound. I'd be fine if they ditch 3rd-person and just focus on this view completely during development. It really could separate it from all the other "extreme sports" games.

Here's a quick gif I made:

luowgm.gif

This could be incredible to play with Oculus Rift once you're done vomiting.

That looks god damned awesome.

Edit: Also, you should post that over in the 2013 gaming GIF thread.

vg260

My only regret this sale is not buying Cook, Serve, Delicious when it was on a flash sale. Still kicking myself for that one.

Benedict

That they're finite but can be crafted into something permanent is the appeal. I applaud those who've hit the ground running with levelling up, but little ol' me is just going to level up his standard sale badge to 5 and the foil flavour to 1, to maintain consistency with the game badges.

Anything special happens if you get a foil badge? Have sold all of my foil cards.

vg260

they have, the blog is up, its mostly a bunch of bundle-level games (star wolves, stuff like that). Alien Rage is 75% off and its not shown on the blog or on any of the site banners.

And for example, the blog says Expedition Conquistadors is on sale today...when its been on sale for the last 2 days lol. GMG is nice for discounts but the site itself is a mess.

Oh, yeah, I missed it. I guess they do update around 10 central consistently. It is just hard to find stuff there. I went in just to browse earlier and it was a chore.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Snow looks pretty damn cool but I am 100% not buying an Early Access game. Looking forward to its final release, though.

Rhaknar

I'm having giveaway withdrawl so heres a little something, better than nothing :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-A5576B803E24DE8C - Taken by Saty. 23 entrants total.

t1388337114z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just realised I won Killing Floor! Thanks, Snakethesniper!

Edit: And I got two free guest passes to the game, does anyone want one?

denx

I'm just catching up to this flash sale.

OMG LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OMG OMG OMG

What kind of game is Titan Quest anyway? Don't know if I should buy it.

Also, what should I vote for GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom