• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should have affected both. I just ran a quick test and both margins are definitely smaller.

I followed your instructions too [set it to '-4'] and this is what I got:

M46UuxB.jpg

Jawmuncher

I reached the 2 years badge yesterday, and with the amount of games I have amassed in such a short time, I feel I need to learn more restraint... but those bundles and the sale discounts and low prices just beckon me.

Bundles exploded my game library.
I was trying to be as careful as possible but then I was getting mulitple games on 1 key and just said screw it. After that I was just throwing everything in there. Buying 1 dollar Humble Bundles just to add to the game count. It's terrible what I have become.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dust is Xinput (MS's dumb proprietary controller input API). Your generic DS3 is Dinput. You can emulate the 360 pad with x360ce or map the keyboard to your controller with JoyToKey.

sprinkles

I wasn't going to buy Long Live The Queen and then I saw this
Later on you can
have your own relatives executed and lead your own Navy into battle and rain magical fire down upon your foes. Or sing at a tournament. Or duel at a tournament. Or have bards spy for you.
Mostly though you will die horribly on the way to your coronation.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Huh, I thought the developer fee was taken out of the price of the card. So if you sold a card for $0.18 (for example), you'd see $0.16 of that money and $0.02 would go to the developer. You learn something every day. Thanks.

Sort of. If you sell something for $0.16, you'll get $0.16, but the person who buys it spends $0.18 on it. That's why there's the two boxes when you're selling something; you input how much you want, and Steam shows you what it'll cost somebody.

Is Long Live the Queen really that good? I'm debating on it right now. I wouldn't have even thought of it twice had it not been for GAF's glowing remarks.

It's a visual novel game in the vein of the Princess Maker series. So if you're looking for action, it may not be for you. If you're willing to try something different, if you like adventure games, if you like reading, then you won't be disappointed.

I'm in the mood to get back into Mass Effect. Read about some people who got their DLC licenses transferred to PC, so I shot a tweet at EA support asking them if they could help me out. You never know, right.

Globalisation. The page is in regard to trading cards in general, but just about everything regarding badge crafting and profile experience is relevant to promotional cards such as the snow globes -- the key differences are that crafting a snow globe badge nets you a promotional item rather than a discount coupon, you earn a card for every $10 spent/for every three Community's Choice votes you cast (as opposed to playing a game), and apparently neither the regular badge nor the foil badge have a level cap.

Edit: Oh, and the snow globe cards have an expiration date (January 3rd @ 11am PST), which is a first.

isn't the level cap 100?

and the expiration date means a steady price, unlike summer sale cards, which are pretty worthless at this point.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never played Princess Maker so no idea about Long Live The Queen. The concept sounds interesting so maybe in the future I'll check it out.

Tizoc

GAF, if Space Quest Collection goes up as a Community choice, I'd appreciate it if ya'all vote for it, I've been waiting near 2 freakin' years and this damn game has YET to go for anything under 25%.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
isn't the level cap 100?
Nooooo, haha.

Unfortunately the one person we know of who forged that level 500 badge was harassed into making their profile private, so unless a new contender arrives or they deign to provide information to us, we may never know how far the regular badge goes.

palmdesert's still going balls deep on the foil though; looks like Steam Card Exchange is a little behind since he's reached level 100 and the image changed again:

e70f9cc97487d1bd360904855fd07a931f59ec9a.png

and the expiration date means a steady price, unlike summer sale cards, which are pretty worthless at this point.
My hypothesis is that the market will crash and burn at the very end of the sale (perhaps over the last two days) as everyone scrambles to list for whatever centage they can get before the cards disappear. I could be wrong though.

edit: got ronan'd, partially :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Or use Xinput Wrapper and everything is handled perfectly for you in matter of seconds

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

He said he had a generic DS3. If it's the SpeedLink Strike FX, then by all means, this is the best option.

My hypothesis is that the market will crash and burn at the very end of the sale (perhaps over the last two days) as everyone scrambles to list for whatever centage they can get before the cards disappear.

Yep. They've been steadily declining throughout the sale as well.

nbraun80

So scratch me trading off my globe cards, apparently I haven't had safe guard up for 15 days. So I can't sell them or trade, so valve basically gave me dissolvable wallpaper for my inventory. Lame

LLTQ looks awesome but it's one of those things I just have to hold off on knowing full well that I won't actually play it before it goes on sale at least one more time. I'm already falling into the pitfall of just amassing games that I won't immediately play again.

So I put a card for sale for 6 cents under the normal price and it sells in 2 seconds

What's the appeal of a card that will dissapear?
Getting a badge that will never be acquirable again. Or a chance at getting one of the rarer items you can get from crafting one and selling it on the market for some fun bucks.

He said he had a generic DS3. If it's the SpeedLink Strike FX, then by all means, this is the best option.

edit: welp, yeah, 3rd party controller, missed that. Thought that generic DS3 = the regular one. i am dumb. I don't see why Xinput Wrapper wouldn't work with it anyway if the 3rd party controller already functions as DS3

Arthea

GAF, if Space Quest Collection goes up as a Community choice, I'd appreciate it if ya'all vote for it, I've been waiting near 2 freakin' years and this damn game has YET to go for anything under 25%.

Do you really need it on steam? Just think about it, all collection was many times on sale at gog with nice discount too. Why wait 2 years?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We need someone from Valve in this thread ASAP.

I don't doubt that there's at least one Valve employee here on GAF. Keeping that detail a secret is a wise move considering one would otherwise become the go-to person whenever there's an issue. Oh, and not to mention the Half-Life 3 harassment. :p

So I put a card for sale for 6 cents under the normal price and it sells in 2 seconds

What's the appeal of a card that will dissapear?

That they're finite but can be crafted into something permanent is the appeal. I applaud those who've hit the ground running with levelling up, but little ol' me is just going to level up his standard sale badge to 5 and the foil flavour to 1, to maintain consistency with the game badges.

Nooooo, haha.

Unfortunately the one person we know of who forged that level 500 badge was harassed into making their profile private, so unless a new contender arrives or they deign to provide information to us, we may never know how far the regular badge goes.

palmdesert's still going balls deep on the foil though; looks like Steam Card Exchange is a little behind since he's reached level 100 and the image changed again:

e70f9cc97487d1bd360904855fd07a931f59ec9a.png

My hypothesis is that the market will crash and burn at the very end of the sale (perhaps over the last two days) as everyone scrambles to list for whatever centage they can get before the cards disappear. I could be wrong though.

edit: got ronan'd, partially :(

oh wow. Rise into heaven, etc.

Also, cards will probably go up at the end, if anything, due to the expiration rush. There are only so much to offer when everyone is crafting them and demand overtakes availability.
The price has already stabilized in the last few days, and undercutters are gone in second. (as I would know, since I'm selling each and every last one of them :p)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any good hidden deal on GMG today besides Alien Rage (which isnt on display in any of the tabs)? I forget those fancy sites you guys know that show deals and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom