• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Oh, so Titan Quest is a Diablo-like. Well, that's money saved then.

Still, what's the GAF consensus about the community vote?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Tis a wonderful thing when you come home from a stressful several hours to find such nice things waiting for you. A generous gift by a kind PXG, Steam Support fixed the weird issue of my inventory being swamped with Killing Floor guest passes, a chance for Really Big Sky (one of my favourite shoot-em-ups on Steam) a chance to be experienced by more, and of course fun conversations to read through that I've missed in here.

I needed my spirits raised and SteamGAF always accomplishes that.

If anyone needs a shoot-em-up to raise their spirits, then confuse them, then make them play one more time, Really Big Sky and it's randomly generated lay out of enemies and obstacles is a good way to do so if you like the genre and don't mind the occasional bullet hell popping out of nowhere.

Hmm, hows Velvet Assassin, $1.99 on GMG.

I'm afraid not. While it's wonderful that a true hero of the Second World War got something video game wise, it wasn't a very good attempt at doing so. The stealth game play while workable, isn't designed well enough and the annoyances far outweigh the enjoyment that should come from such a game. At a point it just outright stops being fun trying to sneak around and you might as well run and hit an enemy from beyond, that is if you get past the sections where the enemy A.I. can see in total darkness save for one very specific spot you have to stand in.

If you want a game set in that era and war, go for Death To Spies instead.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34410/

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'm either drunk or we just had an earthquake here where I live.
Either way, I'm playing Dark Souls now.

Edit: Turns out I'm drunk, cool.

Lain

Im pretty sure I need to stop playing it like Assassins Creed where Im trying to clear everything on the map before tackling the missions, but all Im doing is getting resources I dont need atm, and most importantly, tiring all my dudes out, and now everyone is wasted and I got a bunch of hordes everywhere and infestations.

Also, tackling infestations with no backup doesnt seem like a smart thing.

Also also...and Im going to be controversial here (lol), but I think the game looks quite nice on ultra, at least during the day time. Its night and day compared to the 360 version on the giantbomb quicklook thats for sure

The game can look quite nice on Ultra, but it can also look sort of bad
9D3.png

Quixzlizx

I just started my first play-through of Long Live the Queen. I'm at around week 30 and just survived a civil war, but I feel like everything is spiraling out of control. I'm failing 90% of my skill checks, even the ones involving my "second-tier" skills. The end seems inevitable, but I can tell you I'm not going out eating poisoned chocolate. If they want my kingdom, I will reduce it to ashes and dust before they can pry it from my manicured dead hands.

If Long Live the Queen was less than 5 bucks, I woulda thrown my computer out the window. Thanks to that awesome GAFfer who alerted peeps that it was 5 on the developer site and that you could exchange the Steam key I am pretty fine at the moment. I just sorta hate when Steam puts up daily sales at a certain amount and then a flash for later at a lower price or something doesn't win the community vote so they put it as a flash at that price later. I don't know why, it just looks real shitty to me.

That being said, holy crap is Long Live the Queen fun. Every time I fail checks and it doesn't tell me what I missed it's like "FUCK THAT'S GONNA COME BACK TO BITE ME IN THE ASS, ISN'T IT?!" My favorite was being a God of War who destroyed armies with my magic and then when we had naval combat since my naval strategy was low, my ship got sunk and I drowned because I never trained in swimming. =/

zkylon

zkylewd
why would anyone not buy dark souls

I payed full price when it released on pc and no regrets

will do the same with dark souls 2

fuck yeah

Prophane33

I didn't really like Dark Souls that much. I put 19 hours into it, but it's alright but hardly the "OMFGBBQ11!!!" game that GAF makes it out to be; then again my best friend has put 161 hours into it, so it must not be that bad.

Edit: Demon's Souls on the other hand is pretty damn cool.

and in a world with an actual Diablo, Path of Exile, and Torchlight 2, I'm just not seeing a reason to get it.
TQ is fairly unique in the subgenre in that it allows you to dual class. That alone propels it above TL2, which seems like a game that's propped up on its development pedigree more than anything, I just found it intensely boring as far as loot games go.

Arthea

I just started my first play-through of Long Live the Queen. I'm at around week 30 and just survived a civil war, but I feel like everything is spiraling out of control. I'm failing 90% of my skill checks, even the ones involving my "second-tier" skills. The end seems inevitable, but I can tell you I'm not going out eating poisoned chocolate. If they want my kingdom, I will reduce it to ashes and dust before they can pry it from my manicured dead hands.

That's the spirit! (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom