• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I didn't really like Dark Souls that much. I put 19 hours into it, but it's alright but hardly the "OMFGBBQ11!!!" game that GAF makes it out to be; then again my best friend has put 161 hours into it, so it must not be that bad.

Edit: Demon's Souls on the other hand is pretty damn cool.

I think it's absolutely the game Gaf makes it out to be, but it just isn't for everyone.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I crafted a Snow Globe 2013 badge. My second ever badge, how exciting. With Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser and Payday 2 background and cfacepalm emoticon. I don't really care about any of those, but I felt like I should at least take part in one seasonal badge in my time.

I didn't really like Dark Souls that much. I put 19 hours into it, but it's alright but hardly the "OMFGBBQ11!!!" game that GAF makes it out to be; then again my best friend has put 161 hours into it, so it must not be that bad.

Edit: Demon's Souls on the other hand is pretty damn cool.

I loved Demon's Souls. Still my favourite game of last generation, it was a reason to own the PS3 for me. I didn't feel the same with Dark Souls and while I do recommend it to people to play and will be replaying with intent to finish myself since I got it out of a trade, I too don't see it as quite the most amazing game experience some do.

30 minutes left -- Which one is the better $5 value?

Alice Madness Returns or Hitman Absolution?

Alice Madness Returns. It's an interesting experience with wonderful artistic design (as in how everything looks in the worlds, and the character), and it's something we can't be sure will get another sale.

Hitman Absolution is a tolerable, could be fun with the right mindset and casual expectations/trying to break the game, that will easily be on sale again in the future on Steam or elsewhere.

Did you guys say rouge legacy gets harder? D:
Man. I'm in for a ride.

For the first play through it remains the same, getting harder only if you let it do so with a chosen build. If you buy every upgrade, find everything in the castle, it only gets easier.
New Game Plus after you beat the final boss does get quite harder due to stronger enemies replacing the "weak ones" you would have found normally in the castle, but you can use the "lower enemy" rune to make it more manageable if need be.

Roshin

Bought Long Live the Queen, because of Gaf and promptly lost a couple of hours to it. So far she hasn't lived long at all. She got run through with a sword in one game and in another she was poisoned. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Soundodger+ lost so hard. ;_;

Such sadness.

steam voters pls

That 90% appeal.

Eden is a nice little game though. Bought it years ago on PSN, one of the first games I got on the service. The Pixeljunk games are all worth playing. I was looking forward to grabbing Soundodger+ cheap though, it's the only one of the three I don't own.

Eusis

If Long Live the Queen was less than 5 bucks, I woulda thrown my computer out the window. Thanks to that awesome GAFfer who alerted peeps that it was 5 on the developer site and that you could exchange the Steam key I am pretty fine at the moment. I just sorta hate when Steam puts up daily sales at a certain amount and then a flash for later at a lower price or something doesn't win the community vote so they put it as a flash at that price later. I don't know why, it just looks real shitty to me.
Are you kidding me!? I understand how shitty it is for something to be a daily only to be a cheaper flash sale, but have you been paying all attention to most of these community winners? If we had to depend on those motherfuckers we'd be missing out on many of the sales we wanted in favor of either the same shit we already had or some game that just happened to be stupidly cheap. Community vote is best as an opportunity to either get a game early or go for an encore, not as your only chance to get something on sale.

Divius

why nobody told me i can earn money with cards
image.php

Eanan

Bloody steam community down again just as I want to trade with someone.

This happens far too often for my liking.

Are you kidding me!? I understand how shitty it is for something to be a daily only to be a cheaper flash sale, but have you been paying all attention to most of these community winners? If we had to depend on those motherfuckers we'd be missing out on many of the sales we wanted in favor of either the same shit we already had or some game that just happened to be stupidly cheap. Community vote is best as an opportunity to either get a game early or go for an encore, not as your only chance to get something on sale.

That is...very true, actually. These votes have been abysmal.

I'm doing pretty well in LLTQ, first time I survived until the birthdays's party of her friend but I died from
being attacked by bandits in my carriage and not being able to took the arrow off.
During my second attempt I survived until week 37, I suppressed a civil war and everything was pointing that I could be crowned until Elodie
received a box full of chocolates and ate them -_-
can't wait to play more.

You must be stronger, everybody said BUY DARK SOULS, but I resisted! :(

Heh, so did I. I was very, very close to buying it but the dealbreaker was that it's best played with a controller and I have no intention of buying a controller for 1 PC game. Even with the DSI mouse fix or whatever it's called, people still said using a controller is a much better experience.

Does anyone know if Long Live the Queen would work on a Win8.1 tablet? I'm looking for some games for mine but want it to be touch screen intuitive. Cook Serve Delicious seemed perfect but playing with the touch screen is next to impossible.

Arthea

I'm doing pretty well in LLTQ, first time I survived until the birthdays's party of her friend but I died from
being attacked by bandits in my carriage and not being able to took the arrow off.
During my second attempt I survived until week 37, I suppressed a civil war and everything was pointing that I could be crowned until Elodie
received a box full of chocolates and ate them -_-
can't wait to play more.

Everything is going according to plan
first time I lived through war but lost it. second time she ate those damnable chocolates!
and it's not the end actually, it's more like a middle of a game, depending on choices too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
4mins to resist Prison Architecht, I can do it!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
the last remnant any good? Seems only jrpg on steam what a shame there ain't more of them :(

Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IIX and Ys series are other JRPGs on the system that I'm aware of.

But yeah, Last Remnant is the only "new" JRPG on the service. I think I remembered reading that it was good, but flawed? I don't really remember.

Yes, of course I have it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so am I the only one that wants a flash deal on that incest rpg? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom